hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,642
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 14
      vastforce

vastforce Loyal Member

Got it ok thanks...
      If I were to use this on my emunand and then Gateway *happens* to release their long awaited update, would I just update the firmware like I always do and use the updated Gateway software? What I'm trying to ask is that will this Frankenstein firmware screw up anything that Gateway *might* release in the future...

2. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

You can do that. Do a partial update until Gateway gets its update and then do a full update, although I would backup your emunand first in case something goes wrong.

3. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

it is not really Frankenstein firmware since it'll work without causing issues.

But well even if we don't see the difference between this method and an updated Launcher.dat, it's still better to get the updated Launcher.

Since we got 0 news from Gateway since like 2 months, does that mean they really decided to forget Gateway for StarGate3DS ?
      That a bit sad since their card is here since the very beginning of the scene :/

4. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

It's the lack of communication that has caused a lot of people to abandon Gateway for the cfw scene. And with the Freeshop homebrew app making getting games easier than hunting down ROMs. The only real advantage now to the Gateway card is the vastly superior cheat system.

5. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

I guess you are right, when I bought my Gateway back in 2013 I never knew it would be possible to get free games from Ninty server, which is the biggest warez resources for pirates now.

The cheat system really had a potential, I am pretty sure if they tried to do as many update as Luma does, they could keep their business alive.
      But well, let's cross the finger that they'll update the GW cfw for StarGate + Gateway and not only StarGate3DS. (if they ever do)

Aaaah I am speculating again, but well let's hope.

6. 25
      zidane28

zidane28 Loyal Member

@GaryOPA , any new update regarding the current state of GW? The deafening silence is a bit scary here...

7. 67
      MasterPopo

MasterPopo Loyal Member

was wondering the same thing, don't know if there can be any hope left at this point

8. 14
      vastforce

vastforce Loyal Member

Yeah I'm getting pretty hopeless...what are my options if I am on a New 3DS XL (USA) with Gateway Emunand at 11.2, I keep hearing about CFW and to go to 3ds.guide, will that serve as a replacement for all Gateway users with this Emunand issue ? I went to 3ds.guide and didn't see a way to go to CFW from Emunand 11.2 (perhaps I'm asking it in the wrong way, I just don't know enough...) Any help would be appreciated, thanks everyone

9. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

You dont go from emunand. Cfw is done through system firmware.

10. 390
      realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

Tried it on New 3DS XL and it screwed up my Emunand. I just got my Emunand 11.2 reinstalled today through Godmode9. I guess I'll wait for team gateway to release their new fw that supports 11.6 but I guess it'd make more sense to update my Sysnand to 11.6 since I have CFW installed. All this just for one game heh lol.

11. 14
      vastforce

vastforce Loyal Member

@realtimesave
      Wow thanks for trying and confirming. I asked the uploaded of the video about what he did and he said it only works for old 3DS, so I’m happy you were able to recover...

Do you mind throwing me a bone here or through PM explains how I can move on from my hopeless Gateway situation to CFW as a replacement ? Btw, is CFW the way to go now ? (Can it do what Gateway did ?)

Thanks again

12. 390
      realtimesave

Well I used the R4i-B9S card that I reviewed for Maxconsole to install CFW. You would have to install CFW onto your system and then convert your 3DS games to CIA (or just re-download them as CIA if you have a source for those). CFW can't run *.3DS but it can pretty much do everything else (except possibly for cheats, I'm not familiar with using cheats though).

I do own several Old 3DS systems which are on the old firmware 4.5 like in the video. I would try this on those but I primarily try to use the New 3DS so I think I might just keep the Old 3DS systems on the old fw and the old emunand for now.

I'm thinking about updating my SysNAND on my New 3DS to version 11.6 since it seems like there's no point in keeping it at 9.0. But I think I've done enough on it for today. At least it works. I just want to try out Team Kirby Clash Deluxe and that game crashes on me when I launch it so it probably requires something later than 11.2.

13. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

I already linked to the GBATemp post that tells you the titles to update to get online working a few pages ago. That video probably only includes files for the O3DS or something. You have to remember that most people only have one system, so what they're uploading is what works for them. I don't know if that method fixes any games, but GW already ignores version requirements, and I don't think any new features have been added since 11.2, so, they should all be working. The problem with the game you're trying to run could be a lack of seed information. Try selecting the title in FBI's "Titles" menu, hit A, then select "Import seed" and see if that fixes it.

There really is no need to keep 9.0 around though. Just make a backup in case you ever do want it for something, then update SysNAND to 11.6. There is at least one good reason (at least as far as I'm concerned) to keep *hax around though, and that's Spectre3DS (a true 3D Quake port), but that will work with Luma Legacy or Puma on 11.6 via Ninjhax, or your 11.2 EmuNAND via either Ninjhax or Soundhax, so, no shortage of options there.

Well, you can use InScripted and have both. I've included several install options in my "One & Done" installer including MSET and *hax payloads. I include a way to setup Soundhax if you're on 9.0 to 11.3, and an MSET installer for anyone on 4.x or 6.x (or 9.x using a downgraded MSET for that matter). If you're still launching GW with the "DS Profile" exploit, just run the included OldLoader.nds on your blue card like you do "GW Installer" and "DS Profile" will take you straight to the install menu. If you're going to be using the homebrew menu, and you're on 9.0 to 9.2, just run the "OldLoader" homebrew and it will take you straight to the install menu. If you're on something newer, and going through the homebrew menu, just make sure wifi is on, run udsploit, hit start when the text stops scrolling, then run Safehax, and the install menu will show up. The easiest method by far is NTRBoothax (boots straight to the install menu), but there's no need to buy a card if your SysNAND is on 11.3 or less. I suggest option 2 because it will allow you to switch between B9S and GM9 as your installed firm whenever you like (I like using GM9 instead of B9S at this point -- having that extra menu on R+X at boot is extremely useful).

Once the installation is complete, you will have Luma as the default boot option, GW on B, and GodMode9 on left (or R+X if you made it the firm). And lots of other things like ReiNAND and Cakes (full list of default hotkeys included in the ReadMe files). Keep in mind that's just the default settings. Via the scripts menu in GM9, you can make the default payload and hotkeys anything you like. You can customize it fully. If, for example, you want GW to boot by default, it's very easy to set that up.

If you run into any issues, just send me a PM and I'll try to help you resolve them.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    14. 390
      realtimesave

Thanks I installed FBI.cia to my emunand 11.2 and then ran it and imported the seed. Now the game works under emunand.

15. 5
      dokro

dokro Loyal Member

16. 173
      cyx

cyx Loyal Member

17. 5
      dokro

dokro Loyal Member

I don't know

18. 14
      vastforce

vastforce Loyal Member

Yes in fact it works fully on the old 3ds but messes up the new 3ds, this is confirmed

dokro likes this.
    19. 641
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

You could say that... except that they haven't even released the Stargate3DS either. GW/Stargate team blows. In fact, they can blow me.

20. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Im sure the Gateway Team have done a runner. No update for months. I have moved onto CFW and love it. No looking back