hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,649
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 390
      realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

I'm sure both teams will come out with their stuff within the next 2 months. For now 11.2 cfw and emunand seem to be working fine for me.

2. 25,649
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      http://www.O-P-A.biz
      SG is launching 15th to 17th of Nov. -- And like I said before GW was (or) still is planning on an update an month later, so looks like around XMAS time we will see an 11.8 GW update! :)

3. 26
      Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine Loyal Member

I have my doubts. You’ve been wrong quite a few times actually. But I guess covering for them pays the bills.

4. 108
      TheMaster

TheMaster Loyal Member

I cannot get my online or Eshop to work with this GatewayRXtools 11.6U Emunand by Netinirvana. IT only let me make a Nintendo Network ID which I thought was weird but won't let me play online or get updates or get on Eshop does anybody know if that is possible with this update to Emunand or if that is all the features you get with this? Because I would love online for updates patches dlc and of course Matchmaking. Thank you if anybody has a solution to my newb question.

5. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Believe it when i see it. Lies have been told for months now. Thank god i went to CFW

Lilith Valentine likes this.
    6. 390
      realtimesave

Okay wasn't sure if I had your blessing to post anything about it :) I keep all of the Gary berry secrets :p ;)

7. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Wow. I said the release date for StarGate had slipped to November, from card sellers sites, and got told I didn't know what I was talking about. And now in November we get told it'll be a November release.

When should we start taking bets on a December or January release?

Just to make the Gateway release a year after they last claimed it would be soon.

8. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

The real question is, what take so long for them to release it ?

9. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

It is confusing isn't it. They keep us hanging on while releasing a new card. They are probably waiting until the reviews start coming in for the StarGate card to get the hype train running so they can announce that this update will be the last for the Gateway.

Gateway has been a well supported card until this last year I just wish they had better communication and honesty with their end users.

10. 390
      realtimesave

They had to make a new mould for the current revision of the Stargate 3DS pcb. That's the exact reason why it is late.

11. 26
      Lilith Valentine

And they couldn’t tell us this because? Better yet, where did you get that information?

12. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

There was information somewhere(I will have to dig for it) that a lot of the stargate cards that reviwers got werent fitting in the 3ds properly or something like that. I dont remember where i read it. Hence the having to di for the info

13. 26
      Lilith Valentine

You know, I honestly don’t believe that and it sounds like a crap excuse.
      Even if true, they should update us on this through either their site or twitter. That’s the real problem with them, lack of communication. People are left in the dark and only getting information from random users site like this site or the Temp.
      Coupled with the question if we can really trust them with future updates? Or are they just going to release one maybe two updates before flaking.

Cameron likes this.
    14. 32
      diego93

diego93 Loyal Member

Im sending this message to a lot of my friends, they LFAO like they never did in weeks. I promised to Cameron i wouldnt be back to speak here again but fuck, im laughing so hard my parents came to my room to know what was happening. Awesome man, its incredible how mentally insane your internal system went with this stuff. I could do a sitcom only with your comments.

Cameron likes this.
    15. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

You must admit that this update has been a tragic comedy.

Is it a tragedy for all the dashed hopes and dreams this year or a comedy for the unending optimism?

The answer is coming "soon".

16. 390
      realtimesave

So many pirates here with their panties in a bunch. Good things come to those whom wait. I, for one, am enjoying free games already.

17. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

I challenge you to prove any game on my Gateway card is anything but a game I own and have the physical cartridge to prove it.

I won't say anything about the FBI cia's or Freeshop installs though.

18. 390
      realtimesave

No skin off of my chin. I have a box full of legit mostly factory sealed games but the majority of my games are pirated. Normally I would own about 20-30 games for one console anyway.

19. 26
      Lilith Valentine

I thought this over and that’s honestly either a bad excuse or bad priorities. Something like this should have been caught in the first weeks of testing and not made it’s way to the reviewers. This is something that honestly would be the easiest thing to notice when you consider how many times they are going to have mess with the cart.
      If they did notice this and shipped it out anyways, then it shows they have extremely poor choice in priorities. Like I said, that should have been easy to find and looked into early on. For them to push out reviewer copies, then vanish without telling us that there’s an issue, well that says a lot about them. It also raises concerns about future updates for this like, like if there even will be updates to it? Can we trust that they will maintain this cart long term? These are considers that would easily be dismissed if they simply kept us posted, they have a Twitter account.
      Personally I think people should give up on the Gateway team as whole. They haven’t updated gateway in months and they’ve delayed Stargate to death.

Cameron likes this.
    20. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

The problem is this gateway update is just gateway. Stargate is gateway and sky teamed up. Gary put somewhere its not the whole team of either just the ones dissatisfied with the way both teams handled things. Apparently stargate has a few coders instead of the tinfoil hat guy in hiding gateway has.

Im by no means making excuses for them. The whole thing is a damn disgrace. I have a luma 3ds, i really need to upgrade to whatever is currently the best one. But I also have a gateway 3ds im waiting on the update for. No skin off my teeth. The only reason I still pop in here and reply is to check the status even though I know its FUBAR anyway.

This whole delay is making me think stargate is gonna be just as bad as gateway has been for the last year.