hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,644
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 18
      Forever1972

Forever1972 Loyal Member

2. 388
      dsmalls

dsmalls Loyal Member

GaryOPA likes this.
    3. 2
      toto22

toto22 Loyal Member

4. 25,644
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
    5. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Well let's be honest. GateWay ain't gonna give us any kind of emunand update.

6. 390
      realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

Yeah at this point it doesn't look promising.

7. 18
      Forever1972

Forever1972 Loyal Member

@GaryOPA: 123ab released the package for Japanese consoles now as well (same thread). So you can update your "unofficial" thread as well. :)

GaryOPA likes this.
    8. 50
      TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner Loyal Member

Is the shop supposed to work with updated emunand 11.6.0-39 ?
      When I launch the shop, it tells me to perform an update still..

9. 388
      dsmalls

dsmalls Loyal Member

Just a thought...perhaps back up your emunand and let eshop update.. if it breaks, then restore. I updated a couple games after this upgrade and they worked fine. Not sure about eshop in general though.

10. 50
      TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner Loyal Member

Can you try to open it (eshop) on your side? Thx.

11. 51
      Wargla

Wargla Loyal Member

I had your issue previously (ie update asked when launching eShop) but I don’t get it anymore downgrading to emunand 11.2.0 during the process. I don’t know if it is same issue as you.

At the beginning, I had sysnand 4.4.0 and emunand 11.2.0.
      Then I installed emunand 11.5.0 using 123ab method.
      Then 11.6.0 was on air, and I installed emunand 11.6.0 using 123ab method.
      At this stage, systematically update was asked when I was launching eShop.
      Then I restaured emunand 11.2.0, and I installed again emunand 11.6.0 using 123ab method.
      Issue was resolved and I can launch eShop now.

Big thanks to 123ab and a big fuck you to Gateway/Stargate shit team :)

TheShadowRunner and dsmalls like this.
    12. 390
      realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

Gary any idea what the hold up is on the official 11.6 emunand? Still would be cool to get away from 11.2 entirely for many reasons including the fact that Stargate works natively on all firmwares. I still really like my Gateway 3DS.

Just thought about it and my thoughts must be mixed up. I use 4.5 on old 3ds, and want 11.6 emunand but I'd still be on 4.5 lol. So it'd be wishful thinking that Gateway would work from 11.6 I guess. What we'd need is the scripts I run to work from 11.6 rather because my new 3ds is on 11.2 and I can load the gateway on there.

Would be cool if stargate had the same compatibility with roms, then I'd be on 11.6 all around but it is genuinely a cartridge emulator which is why bad dumps will work on gateway whereas they won't on the stargate. afaik...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
      jonywalker and enricojacko like this.
    13. 4
      antofi

antofi Loyal Member

@GaryOPA First off, happy new year :).
      Is there any news regarding the update?

14. 216
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Well, InScripted R11 is up now. I decided against including the friends module for now, since everyone seems to be satisfied with these packs. No more underscores in the "Options" menu. And a few other bug fixes. Still need to add some splash screens, and support for that Fastboot3DS chainloader that came out over the holidays (they really should reconsider that name considering "Fastboot" is what GW called their A9LH implementation, it's going to make it harder to Google). I'd recommend everyone update. There was a bug in "Options" in R10. It was not in an option most people are likely to use, but you may still get an error if the script parser reads it at some point.

GaryOPA likes this.
    15. 25,644
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Thanks for the happy new year. -- Last I heard was/is still a month after SG is in people's hands. -- Most got their units just after Christmas (27/28) others not until this week after New Year's -- So that brings us into Feb. release, one whole year after GW last post on their website. -- I will see if I can reach them this week and if there is any more news, or comments regarding a possible update and ETA. -- In the meantime sadly we will have to deal with the unofficial emunand update packs by @123ab and amazing scripts from @LupinIII. -- Take Care.

16. 8
      Consolero

Consolero Loyal Member

Could you also inform GW-Team that most users are really unhappy about lack of official status updates on their site? Any information like the delay because of StarGate is always better then to stay quiet for almost one year.

17. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

For that to have any meaning the Gateway team would have to care. I think that they may have more than proven that they don't give a damn about the users of their cards.

18. 388
      dsmalls

dsmalls Loyal Member

it's about the money, time, and available resources at this point. There won't be any more updates unless it's a final farewell present.

19. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Why would anyone buy a Stargate card after the team dumped all the Gateway users?

20. 388
      dsmalls

dsmalls Loyal Member

Why not.. when you consider the value, it's not a bad deal. I'm satisfied with my Gateway purchases, but now have moved on and installed CFW. Just depends on what you are looking for. It's likely that the Stargate will be supported for 3 yrs. or so as well... just spitballing here.