hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,271
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

With CFW Gateway or Stargate is not required at all so i am not sure what the fuss is about.

2. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Stargate is supposed to be an all in one mostly plug and play tool. CFW take quit a bit more time and understanding to install. Most people dont want to mess with the system for fear of ruining it somehow. Or it seems too dificult. Stargate offers an easy path.

3. 16
      hypergreatthing

hypergreatthing Loyal Member

Easy path from a group of people that failed to support their existing product.

Gaming Freak likes this.
    4. 8
      Blueman

Blueman Loyal Member

I've had my gateway card for YEARS and I've seen several updates for it since then. I don't understand what you guys expect. They did not fail to support their existing product. If they did, once you got the box, that would have been the last time you would have heard from them. Go try to get support for any other product you've had for YEARS and see what they tell you. "Out of warrenty" or "Sorry, that's no longer supported." Happens all the time. People just need to get off the greed train and understand that this might be it for the gateway card. If it is, then that's fine....great ride while it lasted.

dsmalls and Cameron like this.
    5. 16
      hypergreatthing

It's one thing to push an old product to the end of life and make an announcement that because of some technical reasons, it can't be supported anymore. People do that all the time.
      It's another thing to make a statement that a new firmware is coming soon, then come out with a new competing product stringing along your customers and your retailers (they're still selling gateway carts).
      In the face of the unofficial way to update your emunand to the latest level, there's obviously no reason they haven't produced an official update.
      Your concept of the "greed train" is interesting considering we're all upset that a product that's supposed to be supported is getting a cold shoulder. What if someone buys a gateway right now? I guess they're still greedy expecting it to have support because that's what the gateway website still says.

Gaming Freak likes this.
    6. 8
      Blueman

Blueman Loyal Member

If someone chooses to buy a gateway card now then they didn't do enough research to figure out the best path for their needs. I will give you a nod that they did say an update was coming and after a year, they failed to do so is disappointing but to say they "failed to support their existing product" is simply incorrect. Seeing if there is an update is really the reason I check here everyday. It would be great if they did, if nothing else to fulfill their word that they said they were going to but I have to consider the possibility that there might not be. If gateway decided today that there was no more updates to their old gateway card, it would up to me to decide if their starcard pushed my agenda with my 3DS forward. If it does, then I see no problem buying their new product. I've been nothing but happy with gateway allowing me to play some great games in the past and right now. I don't need to verbally bash them like a lot of people here are doing.

Cameron likes this.
    7. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

I think that most of the bashing now is over the lies about the update.

Support for the Pokémon games was supposed to come with the next update.

Then the update was coming soon, and for the first 6 months Gary was getting told it was coming next month.

Then it was coming a month after the StarGate release, which kept being postponed.

Now it's over a month since the StarGate was released and still no update.

All we need is the truth from them for a change or the promised update to put a stop to the "bashing".

8. 16
      hypergreatthing

I don't see how you can say "they did say an update was coming" and follow up with "and after a year they failed to do so" and then defend them in saying that they haven't failed to support their existing product.
      Literally that's the definition of failing to support your own product.
      There's no point in waiting for them to figure out if they're going to release an update. The unofficial method works very well. I'm enjoying emunand on 11.6 without any problems.
      Blaming a consumer who buys a product that's for sale and that the website created for that product states that they're still supporting it, but hasn't read the 54 page forum thread with people complaining about how they're stringing people along is nuts.
      It's still for sale on many sites and they're still making money off of it. That's the problem i have with all of this.
      I wouldn't really call it bashing to point any of this out. It just is what it is. When a cfw developer/someone in the know can cobble together an unofficial update in less than a week but it's been a year since we were promised an update, something is very wrong.

9. 25,271
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      It should not be, there has been no new stock of Gateway produced for over a year, last batch was in Oct/Nov of 2016, any website still selling it has old unsold stock, they should have taken it off by now, or heavily discounted, but i guess the resellers don't want to lose any money from unsold stock.

10. 16
      hypergreatthing

from the ads on your own site:
      http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/25-gateway-3ds.html
      It would be a lot nicer if gateway just admitted that they're discontinuing it.

11. 25,271
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      At least allen from 3ds-flashcard has discounted the price and mentions three times in the write-up that the gateway 3ds is outdated and to buy stargate instead, and it does not support the latest firmwares.

But I will ask allen permission to remove the link totally from his ad.

Yes, it would be nice if Gateway at least updated their website, posted a notice, and with redirect for existing customers to look for support to come here, like for unofficial emunand update packs, instead of just disabling their email addresses. -- I will see if I can reach them and mention that fact. -- All tho the last time I talked to them they still promised an update soon eta would be by Feb. based on a month after shipping out of the Stargate, but that all depends on the original GW coder in doing so, which is at this point 50/50 of occurring, its also been requested he should just release the existing code/launcher as open-source, that is maybe more likely to occur than an update, but if it does it would be many months from now like summer 2018 or so.

12. 25,271
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      At least allen from 3ds-flashcard has discounted the price and mentions three times in the write-up that the gateway 3ds is outdated and to buy stargate instead, and it does not support the latest firmwares.

But I will ask allen permission to remove the link totally from his ad.

Yes, it would be nice if Gateway at least updated their website, posted a notice, and with redirect for existing customers to look for support to come here, like for unofficial emunand update packs, instead of just disabling their email addresses. -- I will see if I can reach them and mention that fact. -- All tho the last time I talked to them they still promised an update soon eta would be by Feb. based on a month after shipping out of the Stargate, but that all depends on the original GW coder in doing so, which is at this point 50/50 of occurring, its also been requested he should just release the existing code/launcher as open-source, that is maybe more likely to occur than an update, but if it does it would be many months from now like summer 2018 or so.

13. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

GaryOPA likes this.
    14. 41
      mcloverkorea

mcloverkorea Loyal Member

If they do not plan to support their product any longer, I just wish they make their customers know about it. I don't need anything else but a status update.

15. 19
      Liyern

Liyern Loyal Member

Since they closed down their e-mail and dont bother to give us any update. What are the options for those who are still stuck on the same update after a year like me? I haven't been in the scene for at least 9 months now and just felt like playing my 3DS again. Im sure it has been talked about before in this thread but I don't want to go through 40+ pages to look for it :p (When I stopped checking this thread it was on 10 pages)

16. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

17. 19
      Liyern

Liyern Loyal Member

18. 16
      hypergreatthing

It's an update package that's just a simple app with very easy to run directions. Just unpack to the sd card, install the cia, run the update tool, downgrade then upgrade.
      You'll get 11.6 emu capability, as well as the ability to run all the games that need higher than 11.2.

If gateway ever comes out with an official update, you can just run the same process up to the downgrade part, then run the gateway upgrade.

19. 9
      wcanywayz

wcanywayz Loyal Member

Really it's just time to move on from GW. (or long past it depending on views)
      as a moderator for the supercard forum and emuparadise , ive had to discuss this with many people already.

Is it wrong for the GW team and supercard teams to dump the carts = no.
      was it wrong for a "coming soon" update on the official website = sure is! but you have other options now.

The bonus of the rom carts was ease of use for people not willing or scared to break their console but also it added another SD card slot for storage.
      That is one reason the stargate could be still useful and also a reason to franken-firm your 3ds for 11.6 gateway emunand to continue using it.

just relax okay pplz :)
      the ride is always great while it lasts but everything ends.

phr3ak and Cameron like this.
    20. 8
      decadence

decadence Loyal Member

and if I want to go hunting cheat codes? forget the Stargate and CFW pre made plug in, where is the alternative?

jonywalker likes this.