hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 24,995
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 9
      wcanywayz

wcanywayz Loyal Member

dude, the sad fact is that the cheat codes you desire are gateway exclusive.
      so you'll have to frankenfirm your 3ds/2ds.

Look, if you have a gateway and feel like cheating, you have the answers.
      but it's not like anyone owes you access to cheats outside of gateway3ds amd the card doesnt owe you a lifetime for that access either.

They're not native to the 3ds... you do what you have to do.

I did say "a reason to franken-firm your 3ds for 11.6 gateway emunand to continue using it." & that qualifies as an answer to game cheaters like yourself.

2. 8
      decadence

decadence Loyal Member

Stargate can very well implement it as the Gateway, no need for Frankenfirmware for this, it is only to access the e-shop or play online. It only takes spoof games. This is an answer to someone who is supposed to know this, in 20 years I will be able to continue to find cheats codes for fun even if I'm not to the latest firmware, hunting and cheating are 2 differents things, my pleasure is to be able to hack these codes, I don't need them. In my case this is not the time to switch from my Gateway card, only maybe for one thing, GBA GAMES!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    3. 9
      wcanywayz

wcanywayz Loyal Member

are you saying that stargate has gateway3ds type cheat system?
      because my group i admin on FB of 18,000+ would be a great place for me to say that :)

I did mean tho to the other user that frankenfirm was to use 11.6 emunand to keep up with it if it's important enough.
      I knew cheats would work on older FW, that's kinda obvious but i see why you thought i meant otherwise.

oh gba games, that would be nice!
      i currently use my Supercard ds2 for that.... could be better!

decadence likes this.
    4. 1
      Big D Davide99

Big D Davide99 Loyal Member

Sorry guys could someone tell me if with a Nintendo 3DS XL updated to the last firmware version (11.6.0-39E) the Gateway run? If not, is there any way to downgrade the firmware 11.6? And another question. The gateway has 2 cartridges 1 for 3DS games and an otherone for DS games. Does the cartridge for DS games run with firmware 11.6 or it's like the cartridge for 3DS games?

5. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

It is possible to downgrade your firmware to get a fully functioning Gateway card, but that requires you to hack your 3ds to the point that Luma becomes a better option.

dsmalls and Gaming Freak like this.
    6. 33
      xabier

xabier Loyal Member

At this point in time the orginal post seems a bad joke, I have enjoyed my gateway for years. I don't need it any more because I don't cheat and most of it's functions have been improved by CFW.

But this piece of news from last year are an ugly insult to maxconsole and gateway users, terrible marketing and first party "news", 2 weeks xD still waiting

7. 8
      decadence

decadence Loyal Member

thanks for this info :)

8. 9
      wcanywayz

wcanywayz Loyal Member

So, for those that don't follow the supercard forums,
      i posted a closing topic there at the start of January.

I was and still am (now inactive) a Moderator on there.

I explained that the admin of the forum was spamming , the forum was closed to registration , a link to maxconsole & my thoughts on the cfw vs romcart briefly.
      Post to the forum can be read here = http://forum.supercard.sc/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=360787#lastpost

So , i dont recommend the ds2+ for 3ds roms.

It uses an old GATEWAY launcher and it cannot be updated.
      The ds2 team hasnt and wont be releasing any more updates.

If the extra SD slot is found wanting (which is a bonus for more space and drag'n'drop titles), then read in the forums here on how to update your gateway emunand and OS (NOT OFFICIAL) or grab the new skygate.

anywayz,
      the supercard forums is CLOSED :/ & gateway are silent...

sad, but hey we have cfw , ntr boothax and some smart people on maxconsole who do scripts to update the 3DS.

If you're new, read back a few pages to see user developed solutions to updates.

9. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

Does that mean the SuperCard team is now dead ? Dang I loved their card until the DS2+, I hope they'll come back one day with their very own solution, on the Switch ?

I feel nostalgic about the ds2, now almost 10 years old :)
      Was the best NDS flashcard for sure.

10. 9
      wcanywayz

wcanywayz Loyal Member

Well it seems that way.
      The DS2 hasnt been updated for a longer period than gateways promised update.

the fact that forum registration is closed and the wayward Admin keeps spamming.
      I'd say the team is disbanded yeah ... :(

11. 95
      GatewayBugReport

In my opinion I don't really see why they should update the DS2, I was kinda suprised they released an update around 2015, propably for the DS2+ release, anyway I think the dstwo is pretty good as it is.

Even if the SuperCard team is dead, they did a great run, and are more than 10 years old, unlike Gateway who lasted for 4 years.

12. 9
      wcanywayz

wcanywayz Loyal Member

well, the ds2+ was sold as a 3ds rom loader... so they did sell and promise alot more than they did.
      but hey, those are the breaks in the modding community.

With other alternatives, not much really to complain about unless one bought the ds2+.
      I can imagine they would be pissed at the very much lack of support.

i have the original ds2 and obviously a moderator for the supercard forum (if you see my title in the forum post there).
      It loads 99% of ds titles i own and thats perfect if needed.

I suppose that's why im not angry about the gateway3ds lack of promised update.
      I just kinda accept it and find other alternatives to achieve using my backups of owned games.
      there are always the original 3ds game carts if i have too :)

13. 95
      GatewayBugReport

the ds2+ wasn't what I expected when they made an announcement about it, I knew they planned to release a card back in 2014 (asked via email)

I was expecting something more like a ds3, imo they're were lazy on the 3DS :p

About Gateway3DS, I am sure they didn't liked free CFW and so they dropped their project.
      I hope they are going to release the source, like when @GaryOPA stated a few months ago, wasn't confirmed, but jut some speculation
      Don't know what they are really going to do if they are not really dead.

14. 9
      wcanywayz

wcanywayz Loyal Member

if they release the source for gateway, i know some people that would be happy to work some updates to it.

if the supercard do the same, it would be great for both :)

phr3ak likes this.
    15. 95
      GatewayBugReport

me included :)

I don't see any downside for them if they release the sources.

dsmalls likes this.
    16. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Only 7 days to the 1 year anniversary of GateWays coming soon announcement.

Wonder if we'll get a copy and paste of it for this year.

TheShadowRunner likes this.
    17. 24,995
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      All GW owners waiting will get a nice 'framed printed' version of it in 'coming soon' picture frame mailed to their door to display next to their PC or in their gaming room.

Of course these special limited edition 'Coming Soon' posters/frames are 'coming soon' and there is no ETA when it will arrive at your door stop. :)

wcanywayz likes this.
    18. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Nice to see you've not lost your sense of humour Gary.

19. 9
      wcanywayz

wcanywayz Loyal Member

well, i'll be updating the emuparadise community both on Facebook and forums about the 1 year wait on that update.
      So, i cant imagine it'll give any credit to the card.
      (which is a huge loss considering the emulation reach of both places)

plus the fact im admin & moderator in both those places and people listen to authority online, it'll spread by word of mouth and gbtemp *nodoubt

I still enjoy my GW card tho, but i dont recommend it to buy for the last 6 month onwards.

20. 50
      TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner Loyal Member

I hope for official GW Emunand 1.6 support. And also a new GW.FIRM that boots more reliably on B9S.
      C'mon GW, it's never too late.