hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,001
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 8
      Consolero

Consolero Loyal Member

5 days until we can celebrate anniversary :)

2. 8
      Consolero

Consolero Loyal Member

Happy anniversary o_O

sweatbox likes this.
    3. 82
      crocchio

crocchio Loyal Member

hhhh told garyopa ....soon!and stargate is dead too! will not be out a new fw for gateway, and will not be out a new fw for stargate too!
      this site and its admin think only about making money.....

4. 305
      sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

Yeah! (Happy) anniversary.

NOW it will not took long. For sure its a round the corner and will be released soon ;-)

But well, we have all we need
      - with the Frankenfirm emunand and Gamemodifikation (Pokemon) all work under GW.
      - with Luma we can play our original games (incl Pokemon) with the newest SysNand
      - with Luma we have GBA Injection and the hole homebrew world

What will we have more? (Except the promised/announced update).
      Nothing will work better and nothing will work easier.

I remember
      - the mset (long way to get into gw mode),
      - next Browser-Entrypoint (had skiped that) then
      - menuhax (very buggy, to me normally took 3 times to get into gw-mode in coldboot),
      - a9lh (great opensource varriant, never used the GW-Fastboot) and
      - now the b9s. B9s is very stable like the a9lh.

Button pushed while boot took me directly into the GW-Emunand without boot fails.

So seriously what else do you thing will come?
      We can play our gamebackups so we only have one cartridge to carry with us. (ok with modification in four games)
      And we have (in parts) the newest firm.

5. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

While I agree that GateWay is dead, its user base is keeping it on life support, StarGate was never going to replace GateWay or CFW on the 3ds.

All these different methods of playing ROMs, or installed CIAs, should really start working together to create the ultimate system.

The reliance on EmuNand is GateWays downfall. The reliance on updates is the downfall of StarGate. Luma needs FreEshop or a legitimate cartridge to play games, and FreEshop needs people willing to waste money on the Nintendo EShop.

A CFW that can handle ROM cards, GateWay cheats, and doesn't demand an update every week would be perfect. It'll never happen though as it would need the ROM cartridge manufacturers to release the source code for all their work.

6. 34
      ybmug

ybmug Loyal Member

‘‘Twas the year of the Gatewait, where nothing happened...

7. 13
      kublai

kublai Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Stargate is not dead they just released a manual.

8. 50
      TheShadowRunner

TheShadowRunner Loyal Member

It's sad because not much is missing from Gateway..
      In a nutshell:

- Official GW Emunand 11.6 support

- A proper Gateway.firm for B9S that doesn't crash (black screen) so often.
      (luma.firm loads 100% of the time, why not Gateway.firm...)

- Maybe GBA / DSi support.. but since Luma supports it that's not completely necessary.

I'm still using GW for direct .3ds loading. If they really "killed" their product, the source would be most welcome.
      Pretty sure a lot of owners (and newcomers) would love to use their red card to load .3ds files from Luma..

Gary, even if it's the last contact you have with them, please forward the above.... you're pretty much our last hope.
      Thanks.

9. 373
      realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

I like both Gateway and Stargate 3DS. Hopefully they at least release the source code to Gateway.

10. 388
      dsmalls

dsmalls Loyal Member

Only reason this thread is still alive is it draws people back to the site. :D

11. 373
      realtimesave

Welp that's much better than trolling which is the only draw to Gbatemp.

12. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Supercard gone, Gateway gone. CFW is the way to go for sure.

13. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

With StarGate looking as well supported as GateWay I think it's more a case of CFW is the only way to go.

Gaming Freak likes this.
    14. 9
      wcanywayz

wcanywayz Loyal Member

guys / gals...
      You might think stargate isnt as supported but you failed to recognize that it's late in the game.
      Since it uses NTRBootHax,

1. It works on all FW's, so there are no updates to give out.
      2. it cannot be blocked by nintendo updates, so, see point 1.

Unlike other cards in the past, ntrboot cannot be blocked, so skygate OS updates wont be "really" be needed....
      Nintendo can update the console all they want with no success of blocking it.

What you get is a card that is capable of loading 3ds , DS and using NTRboothax, many other homebrew software you choose.

Stability is the only reason for updates & they will never be often enough to please everyone or needed.

15. 355
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

people who refuse to buy games will always claim cfw is best, because its free.

so they refuse to buy games and will refuse to buy a flashcard, and then slate the shit out of flashcards, then they wonder why hackers don't like to support people who are disrespectful.

i will always favour a flashcard, main reason being it makes no modification to your console, its a simple plug and play and if you plan on selling then you dont need to fuck about putting it back to default so the buyer has a 100% safe console to play online.

GaryOPA likes this.
    16. 94
      Andy A

Andy A Loyal Member

Riiiight..... So the pile of 3ds games I have, my SuperCard DSTWO, and my GateWay don't exist (all paid for) just because I dare to say that having a CFW is better than waiting in vain for updates that never arrive.

I love my SuperCard and my GateWay so I don't complain about the cards themselves, but I DO complain about slow or non existent support for those cards.

Gaming Freak likes this.
    17. 355
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

updates? you seem to not understand (even when told already) the method of the exploit requires no update, nintendo are not able to block it.

so when the card will work at all times, what updates are you to expect?

i simply pointed out those that slag flashcards and say CFW is better, simply states that its a free option.

but at the same time installing CFW makes perminent changes to your console and voids the warranty and stargate does not.

lets say you want to sell your CFW console to someone, who then goes online and risks getting banned, to put your console back so its 100% safe for the buyer to go online what do you have to do.....

what do stargate users have to do..... nothing, simply remove the flashcard.

I also love when people who use CFW/FLASHCARDS then claim to own all their games.

18. 373
      realtimesave

Idk man I think all the bickering over arguments is a mute point, or rather bs. One thing I learned over this weekend is that people like to bitch about stuff that they either have no control over or just to click on the post reply button. I mean isn't that what all gbatemp is about, moan and moan click reply, moan more, click reply again. I mean come on. That's why I'm done with that website.

All good things come to those whom wait. Yes I like CFW but I also like hardware and I like to tinker with things. So none of this stuff really worries me it's actually neat stuff.

Also yeah CFW is fool proof but it isn't 100% absolutely convenient or non-tech savvy required as a Stargate 3DS is. I mean how much easier can it be? Just plug and play, drag and drop. Simple.

19. 355
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

true, but one thing i can add is that gbatemp its littered with nintendo fanboys that love to defend the fact now nintendo are getting all the titles they lacked way back when the current gen was ps3/360.... at that time back then they slated these games for being violent or blood/gore while nintendo is fun, yet i find its the same titles over and over since the nes.

what also makes me laugh is when they say third party doesnt matter because they have great first party titles.

then when third party ports come they love it, they would also compare say wii u to ps3 and say its superior, but now these old ports arent its all about being portible, like back on the wii was all about fun, then cube was better graphics, n64 better graphics.

i find gbatemp and nintendo fanboys to be mornic contradicting fools.

i hate having nintendo consoles have limited what to buy, with the switch i wont pay more for a game i already own and completed bloody years ago, the whole portible can kiss my arse.

id rather pay less and get the origional or pay less and get the superior version, but then the fanboys bring in the pc race as an attempt to dig at sony/microsoft, yet same arguement only makes nintendo look worse.

20. 373
      realtimesave

Yeah I don't bother with gbatemp. They get news on their front page too slow and I don't feel like sifting through a bunch of trash to get to something of interest on their forums. Plus their threads get too long, littered with a bunch of irrelevant trolling and such which is against the rules there but they tolerate it to a high degree, especially if it gets the moderator's jollies off.

I totally agree with you about third party. What about EA Sports, what about Madden NFL. I mean look at the 3DS version of Madden it goes for clear up over $100 a copy over the holidays and it is only a 5 dollar game. It's because EA split like they tend to do on Nintendo's systems.

Yeah PC is good but it isn't great. It always is lacking in titles and when you go to a software store these days they either have very little big box titles or none at all. As much as I love PC I only used to jokingly say pc master race but eh, I joke about a lot of things can't take it seriously :)