hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,084
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 375
      realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

Btw funny thing people complain about a 90 dollar flash cart yet there's always plenty people willing to pay 100 bucks on a common, legit, software title on ebay :)

2. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

It's an ownership thing. Oooh look at me I have a physical copy of a hard to find game. That is all it is.

3. 375
      realtimesave

Yeah just too bad that it is a very common game. I remember stacks of them for $5 each at Target and $20 each at Radio Shack. Oops game I'm referring to is Madden NFL :)

4. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Yea. It's just a stupid thing. I like owning physical games and hard to find physical games. But I'm not paying that much for it. I don' even remember Madden being that good on the 3ds. I'll have to re download it I guess.

5. 40
      mcloverkorea

mcloverkorea Loyal Member

Urgh. If Gateway is dead, please officially say that it's dead. Don't let the users wait. Write anything on the official homepage. I just want a post from them. Even nothing but a single "We are still here" is more than enough.

6. 22
      Adreya

Adreya Loyal Member

I have seen this in the Gateway CheatCodes facebook page:

"Gateway has ended new card is out that works on all consoles and firmware called stargate.

Sorry but gateway was blocked ages ago and to keep trying new updates was limited."

It was said 2 weeks ago by the admin.

7. 375
      realtimesave

It's fun for a simple game. I'm not into football but I would assume it lacks a lot of things for a football game.

8. 25,084
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      @Adreya = The cheatcode page is not officially run by GW Team.

Yes, there is new card out StarGate 3DS been out since Dec. and it basically a combo Sky3DS and DS Flashcart with some features of GW ported over to the DS mode side, w/ NTRBoot support which can't be blocked and partial CFW support, with an update coming for better cheat support, more cfw support and other features.

Still its not like GW in how it operated, it still would be nice for them to at least put out one final emunand update for those still running GW on older firmwares which are not blocked, but its looking more and more like that is not going to happen at least not in the near future.

9. 25
      zidane28

zidane28 Loyal Member

So can we conclude that Gateway is done? There will be no more update? It had already one year since the last post on the website.

10. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

So Stargate will really support cheats for 3DS Games ?
      If they did, I am going to buy one.

11. 25
      badda

badda Loyal Member

Dont buy a Stargate card! It's a waste of money and sooner or later you will be left alone in the rain just like us former Gateway users.
      Use b9s and luma!
      Guide to set up your 3ds is here: https://3ds.hacks.guide/
      To have complete cheat support using luma3ds (even being able to search for your own codes) go here: https://github.com/JourneyOver/CTRPF-AR-CHEAT-CODES
      With these two guides (plus freeShop under https://notabug.org/evi/freeShop/releases ), my 3ds is all I ever dreamed about. Online play? Absolutely! Browsing/Downloading games for free? YES! Cheat support? Better than with gateway!
      And the best thing about it: It's completely free!

dsmalls and Gaming Freak like this.
    12. 82
      crocchio

crocchio Loyal Member

i'd like know who have buy a stargate!
      after three months he had an update that only concerns the manual, many games do not work, so I read around, and who knows if there will ever be an update! do not buy any card it is all free!
      the interests of this forum make me sick

13. 375
      realtimesave

And since when are FPGA flash carts for DS or 3DS cheap and/or free? I haven't heard anyone complain this much about other manufacturer products such as the Supercard DSTWO. Stargate is a great card for those who want to play *.3DS games. It doesn't support a very few amount of titles. How much Pokemon crap do we need anyway? lol.

By the way, speaking of Supercard. Those of you whom come from Gbatemp do realize that Gbatemp has historically been biased toward the Supercard flash carts right? After all, Costello has nothing short of banned people from there for speaking up about that. We don't do that here. Plus if you read the last paragraphs of my review I'm being un-biased about this flash cart and so I am hoping that Stargate team issues the new update to keep all the Pokemon fans happy and so that I can update the compatibility accordingly.

I'm amazed that I was able to give you guys an un-biased review however there are people online that disagree with that. But so be it. It's a good flash cart, despite that around four games don't work :) And I say that because this is a plug-and-play solution, doesn't require any hacks to run. It's different from using a CFW or using a Gateway. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    14. 25
      badda

badda Loyal Member

Why would you need a FPGA flash card? Just upgarde to 11.6 and you can use the DSiWare hack - no flash card needed!
      CFW is so much more convenient and you're not depending on some Chinese (or whatever) dev team that don't give a rats ass about their customers and abandon them just as soon as they think the market is saturated.
      And ... does Stargate have anything like freeShop? I remember the pain I had looking for .3ds-games for my Gateway, having to search multiple rom-sites, having to click trough thousands of virus-infested ad-sites, finally being able to download the packed archive (which took forever because of bandwith limitation from crappy filehosters) only to notice afterwards that the archive was password protected and I had no clue about the password...
      All this is finally history with freeShop :)
      I repeat: DON'T BUY A STARGATE CARD!

Gaming Freak likes this.
    15. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Costello is just a dick period.

16. 375
      realtimesave

Hmm well, that'd be part of the reason why I don't do reviews on his website any more xD Also a little birdie told me that Costello hates the GBA console LOL but expect more GBA stuff to come out on MaxConsole soon.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    17. 32
      diego93

diego93 Loyal Member

18. 2,067
      Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Who doesn't like the GBA? I'm hoping for a gameboy advance classic to be the next classic console. What are these new things you speak of?

19. 192
      LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

DSiWare hack? Terrible idea. If you're going to pay for something, put up the full $20 on an R4i-B9S at least and get brick protection by having a full and proper NTRBootHax exploit available to you. It will pay for itself easily. Just charge 4 co-workers $5 to install CFW. You've broken even. Don't be a cheap-ass. The unblockable and unbrickable hack is worth it.

Stargate is a flash cart for loading .3DS roms, that works with any CFW. Freeshop is a homebrew app that hacks the console's online distribution system. It's a false narrative comparing the two. Especially since Freeshop is not even a CFW. You could at least try to stay objective with your arguments, and make apples to apples comparisons.

As for thousands of virus-infested ad sites, well, sounds like someone hasn't heard of JDownloader 2 yet. Use that, right click on the link and copy it. JDownloader 2 detects the link and grabs it. No more BS from adf.ly redirectors or other such nonsense.

There are pros and cons to ROMs and CIAs. CIAs can be downloaded with Freeshop, sure. But if you would rather have a more permanent and transferable copy, and download them with your PC using FunKeyCIA instead, they carry the extra burden of needing to be installed. Fortunately, this can be done over wifi via SocketPunch, so, no need to leave the back unscrewed on your N3DS XL. Still, ROMs are drag and drop. And some of us have a large collection. But, you know, that's why it's great we have chainloaders -- you can boot GW to run ROMs, and Luma/Rei-Six to run CIAs (and Rei-Six is probably the better choice for NTR use -- you'll only have one ARM11 module going instead of two, so, less resources being eaten). Since many people run into issues setting them up, I created InScripted to configure them for you.

I remember the pain of waiting for Monster Hunter Stories to get added to the Freeshop for months, because no one felt like buying a worthless download from the eShop just to get the key.

I can agree that the price is extremely hard to justify given that we are near EoL of the system (Nintendo has clearly Switch-ed their focus) and the availability of other options. They need to find a way to at least get it down to $40. But the idea to select a ROM from the DS menu is handy. Reminds me of how you can pick your Xbox 360 game from the music menu on the Xkey (I don't actually enable that, I prefer the web page, but it's a neat trick). Still, I won't buy one at that price.

I'll let them include InScripted with it if they want to give me one, though. I would even be willing to write them a custom version for a small cut of the profit (I could make a simplified version that doesn't include things most people never use, like A9LH, Cakes, etc.). Of course, it might help if I had one to evaluate, and could check if it can run things like DevMenu or not (I'd love to make Rei-Six the default if it wouldn't mean H&S injection). But I won't pay $80 for one.

P.S. Your guide is an outdated, over-complicated, and feature-lacking piece of crap. InScripted's "One & Done" installer has it for lunch.

P.P.S. I actually am working on a new version. I have Fastboot3DS support, firmware extraction for the new Rei-Six, etc. Currently trying to negotiate with the developers of Fastboot3DS for more slots (even if it means I have to build it myself).

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
      GaryOPA likes this.
    20. 375
      realtimesave

New GBA flash cart reviews, with RTS and RTC support and 512Mbit NOR flash. We will be receiving samples soon, gbatemp WON'T lol.