hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,396
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 32
      KhenemetHeru

KhenemetHeru Loyal Member

One can only hope. Thanks for the update Gary, without you I fear it would all be dust and tumbleweeds...

2. 15
      NeoG

NeoG Loyal Member

Well that means at least the end of June then.

Cameron likes this.
    3. 51
      Wargla

Wargla Loyal Member

Thanks for the update Gary

4. 28
      SuperioREX

SuperioREX Loyal Member

I didn't know I could go online without being on the latest firmware. I can use 11.2 forever in that case. All the reason I wanted to update is some online Pokemon Battles and Pokebank. I want to ask you something else too if I'm not bothering.

I might still permanently switch the Luma if I can sell my gateway card since I've bought a huge SD card for CIA games anyway. What's the best method to backup everything on the 3DS so if I screw up I can just go back to the state it's in right now. Is it enough to get a complete SD card flash with a software?

5. 13
      kublai

kublai Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://
      Maybe they are waiting to release on Memorial Day so that way we will all remember the death of Gateway?

6. 25,396
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Maybe they are waiting for May 30th, 2017, as the original announcement was on May 30th, 2013:

http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/announcing-the-gateway-3ds-your-gateway-to-games.22486/

So this big major update that changes the whole system over to new design and still working on the original cartridges produced 4 years ago would be major milestone in support, most other 3DS Flashcart makers either released a new version you had to buy again or totally stopped support and not caring about their customers, GW might be slow and maybe not first sometimes, but they do honor their promises in the end, even if they not good at keeping timetables, the rest does follow come thru in the end finally. :)

phr3ak likes this.
    7. 16
      RENI

RENI Loyal Member

Thanks Gary, that's some really good news.

8. 67
      Ccito3ds

Ccito3ds Loyal Member

Why A cart redesign no reason to at all! The native firm change and what else? I agree the support is/was good but a new card is a rip off scam. And no update while the alternative had a update within hours and moved on to a whole new better exploit in the time gateway manages to MAYBE conjure up a fix but also push a new card for sales reasons only

All the cards will work someone already reversed engineered this cart and all you need is the home menu offset and the sd reading stuff it's on github.

Either Gateway embraces the cfw or die from any new sales. It only good a secondary sd card/ quicker to swap games. Dont embrace that easily for Cfw gateway buyers then shove off with your money wanting scam

www.3ds.guide

9. 25,396
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      @Ccito3ds - There is no new design. -- Maybe I was not clear but its new design (software wise) in how it operates, and still fully functional on the original 4 year old GW hardware, that is the type of support you don't get from other companies, even Sky3DS have not come up with anything new since their last announcement back in April that they are working on it, their solution normally ends with a whole new cartridge to buy instead! :)

And its not a money wanting scam, 99% of those downloading a new update are using it on existing cartridges, very few new buyers appear each time there is a GW update, its all about support, not about new sales, sure there is new sales, but the percentage of new sales compared to existing customers over the last 4 years is so small, its really does not matter in the long run, its all about support, and GW will continue doing the best it can until Nintendo themselves decides the 3DS is no longer worth supporting! :)

phr3ak likes this.
    10. 22
      Sammy_Lee

Sammy_Lee Loyal Member

U dont heard about the new SkyDock from the Sky Team ?

And a new FW V140 is also out in the wild ;-)

http://www.sky3dsplus.net/skydock.html

11. 25,396
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      They posted that within a couple of hours after I checked their new domain website for updates a few minutes before making my post here.

But seen in general for Sky3DS you will need to buy another product the DOCK to be sure you safe online, to get the keys and headers.

There is better solutions coming that will not need people to buy 'extra equipment' to get around the now ongoing massive big 'N' banwave.

phr3ak likes this.
    12. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

@GaryOPA can you please find out what happens with users that have moved to CFW.
      Will the gateway cart still work once the update is released?

13. 11
      wildarms

wildarms Loyal Member

Waiting and waiting, but i do hope it is released soon already been so long... And changing to CFW is too much of a drag and time consuming and cant be bothered with it now, so is not as if i have much choice but wait anyways

14. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

Changing to CFW was easy as as long as you follow the 3ds guide step by step

15. 11
      wildarms

wildarms Loyal Member

Easy =/= time consuming, never mentioned it was difficult or not easy. It's simply a drag when I already used money for gateway

16. 908
      guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

Same conversation every damn time. a9lh was, in my opinon the first thing that GW didn't do first in the community. Sure there were some other features but when GW did implement them, GW did a better job. Hell yes GW takes waaay too long to push out new features. They always have. Same conversations, same people that will be back to laud praises and complain that it's GW fault that the new features are too awesome for them.

Same shill advertisers scrambling for thread space for unrelated junk.

RENI likes this.
    17. 6
      pizzapim

pizzapim Loyal Member

Updated emunand to 11.4 without knowing there was no suport for it yet.

Thinking of switching to CFW, but I need to export my Fire Emblem Echoes savefile, which I can't do.

18. 28
      SuperioREX

SuperioREX Loyal Member

There is a part of CFW tutorial that replaces your sysNand with your EmuNand so you won't lose any files or saves. I haven't followed it yet but it should work in your case. Of course this'll only work on CIA game saves since you won't be able to use red card games.

pizzapim likes this.
    19. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

The sky dock is COMPLETELY USELESS. It does absolutely nothing that can't already be done with a GW, 3DS, and a PC.

20. 67
      Ccito3ds

Ccito3ds Loyal Member

Except a sky cart you can use on 11.4 and play online. Something Gateway hasn't updated in forever now. Why fix what isn't broken

All they need to do is update the native firm and patch the home menu offset to have to game menu show up. Instead they seem to be busy pushing another new cart for absolutely no reason and still haven't updated the simple fixes that are stopping it working on updated emunands.