hit tracker

GATEWAY 3DS: Status Update - New Firmware Release Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Feb 13, 2017 at 11:37 PM
  1. 25,462
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    13/02 – 11.3 Emunand

It's been just over a week since Nintendo sadly updated their Nintendo 3DS firmware to v11.3, but now Gateway 3DS developers have released an 'status update' on their progress towards a big new update for their flashcarts with lots of amazing new features!
    [​IMG]
    People were worried Gateway 3DS had not updated their website, but no longer, and in their 'status update', they have stated that alot more goodies are in store, so the wait will be well worth it, all tho sadly it might still be a few more weeks away, but its coming SOON!
    Good things come to those that wait! :)

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.gateway-3ds.com/1302-11-3-emunand/

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Feb 13, 2017.

1. 25,462
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Don't know why you keep saying they pushing a new cart. -- Gateway is not, the update when it finally arrives will work on same cartridges that were sold 4 years ago, something that Sky3DS does not, they are on their third cart design, and now a SkyDOCK to do online proper.

phr3ak and AroundTheCorner like this.
    2. 357
      Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

@GaryOPA i have moved to CFW but i still love my Gateway.
      Im hoping i can work both together.

3. 28
      SuperioREX

SuperioREX Loyal Member

Definitely agree, I would really like it if I could use my red card with Luna. Endless storage space.

4. 6
      pizzapim

pizzapim Loyal Member

Thanks, I did that and it solved my problem.
      Now I can get back to Fire Emblem!

SuperioREX likes this.
    5. 8
      Vnice

Vnice Loyal Member

Here another one with a Gateway from almost the beginning! And now waiting on 11.2 emunand for an update without CFW =)
      As someone that lived the SOON™, i still think the wait worth it.
      Keep doing the good job and thankyou!

6. 7
      Khant_Ryder

Khant_Ryder Loyal Member

Hello ... umm ... I accidentally updated my Gateway Emunand yesterday and .. Now .. I'm screw. I need to manually updated it back to 11.2 Firmware ... so .. Does anyone have 11.2 Firmware file ? If so .. It will be a great help ... I want to play Story of Seasons : Trio of towns again on my 3DS. Now I'm really screw. And I do hope Gateway Team release update for 11.3/11.4 very soon. Coz It's been months of waiting. I use Online now and then so .. I really need to be on latest Firmware as possiable. But so long as I can still play the games that I have I can wait. Right now I really need 11.2 Firmware file. Please Help.

7. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Well, I guess that was wishful thinking and not a hint. It's the 30th at almost 10AM in China and no update.
      @GaryOPA since you're the only person who seems to ever have a straight answer from them, do you suppose you could clarify your posts as "I was told" or as speculation/opinion/wishful thinking?

8. 7
      Khant_Ryder

Khant_Ryder Loyal Member

Sir .. Am I screw ? :'(

9. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

10. 3
      phr3ak

phr3ak Loyal Member

Well... it's the 30th. But since it's Gateway we're talking about here, there's still another 26 hours of the supposed deadline left in Hawaii.

11. 7
      Khant_Ryder

Khant_Ryder Loyal Member

12. 639
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Cue the Buck Owens Pfft You Were Gone lyrics...

13. 95
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

14. 16
      RENI

RENI Loyal Member

@GaryOPA Already June 1st in China, any news from the team?

JenkinsJinkies likes this.
    15. 7
      telon22

telon22 Loyal Member

KhenemetHeru and phr3ak like this.
    16. 32
      KhenemetHeru

KhenemetHeru Loyal Member

Thanks for this, I had been on 11.0 emunand, I brought my O3DS up to 11.2 using this link, so now I can at least play the latest games like Fire Emblem Echoes. I don't play online so I can wait for Gateway to catch up otherwise.

Paco Diaz likes this.
    17. 32
      KhenemetHeru

KhenemetHeru Loyal Member

This really makes the Gateway "team" look silly. If this method is working as stated, it means the 11.3/11.4 support is likely a trivial thing for them to fix and they're just messing about needlessly on other (less important) things like I originally said. But whatever. In light of the new CFW developments, I guess it's for the best in the long haul.

telon22 likes this.
    18. 7
      telon22

telon22 Loyal Member

Whats more funny is one of the those titles is native firm and gateway just wont accept a newer native firm version. Meaning they are blocking it intentionally.
      For eg even when I tried to install an older version(which is already present on 11.2) and spoof it to higher version to make it look like its from 11.4, gateway emunand bricks even then(black screen).

19. 25,462
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Last I spoke to them was on Sunday, one of team members was very sick, but should be better soon. <--- (I know wrong word to use here!) --> But final testing of the most recent build is being completed by the private testers, and video and announcement is in the works, should not be very long now. :!

kineticUk, RENI, JFSAINTS and 3 others like this.
    20. 9
      Paco Diaz

Paco Diaz Loyal Member

The post of Khant_Ryder works perfectly. You can download till 11.2 emunand firmware. You only have to format your gateway emunand 11.3 /11.4 and install the package through bigbluemenu.cia (.3ds)or devmenu.cia(3ds). After this you copy all your saves and ...voilà! All will work out like months ago. That's the best way for those who do not want to change to CFW and do not want to wait a possible Gateway Team support update for 11.3/11.4