hit tracker

Gateway 3DS Team Releases Update Status About 9.2

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 58
    Andzalot55

Andzalot55 Loyal Member

They really need to update there customer support. It's full of lies.

2. 908
    guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

If you go by just what's on their webpage and ignore the probably fake screenshot emails, and internal update communications to Gary, they haven't lied.

3. 3
    Lynxodude

Lynxodude Loyal Member

Seeing that is this the only reply that was received, must mean that they are working really hard and barely even have time to answer messages. They aren't slacking off and are using all their resources to get their product to the public as quick as possible.

4. 908
    guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

I've been thinking, what if, one or all of the developers are in college?

5. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

Hilarious, but its the weekend guys, go catch a movie or a broadway show.

I would rather do the encryption last when the final product is complete.

Life outside of GW? OF MOTHERFUCKIN COURSE.

Its not full of lies, its just inexperience CR who don't know how to word emails properly. GW developers don't have time to answer annoying emails complaining about not getting the update before the holidays, wasted money on an unfinished support, the constant "is it ready". No they don't, they were busy finalizing there firmware release.

6. 29
    guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight Loyal Member

Common guys, youre being to harsh on GW and the staff members here. The update is gonna be released when its 100% done people dont have to act so childish about it. I would rather want a 100% working product with the promised features than no product at all! The games wont go anywhere and neither will your 3DS, so be a little more patient.

With that being said I would like to give a big thanks to garyopa and lemanuel for helping me out. Cheers!

Rachiou likes this.
  7. 123
    Trubo

Trubo Loyal Member

By mentioning Sunday, people are going to latch onto that as word of god release date.

8. 37
    SpadesMagnes

SpadesMagnes Loyal Member

I'd say it's less the wait and more the lack of contact between the dev team and us

EddieCanterDean likes this.
  9. 27
    floor397

floor397 Loyal Member

Those who think waiting is too hard, could just update to 9.4 and be done with it ^^. I think you will feel relieved, since the update, and the wait, won't involve you anymore (A). Specially since some sound like they are actually loathing the whole company...

Or they could exchange their console (plus card) with someone who has (accidently) 9.4 and don't mind the wait so much ^^. Perhaps the happiness given to someone else will make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside ^^. You could use that feeling while using sky3ds I guess... (A)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
    ajalcoba and RickWJ324 like this.
  10. 49
    Soulgain

Soulgain Loyal Member

Tell that to Gbatemp, I think they need this statement more than we do although it looks prone to backfire already lol. I'm entitled to waiting because I already have a gateway and using the N3DS will only be an upgrade.

11. 13
    ajalcoba

ajalcoba Loyal Member

I know two for sure that would find this idea very interesting...:D

12. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

It doesn't work like that. Given the previous assumption of obfuscation of the code being the intent, it pretty much needs to be worked in early and pretty well basically just be there from the start. You can't just go back and add it later without making a real mess of things. (Then again, that would explain delays... Like I said, it would make a mess. As in introducing new bugs, requiring lots of new testing, etc etc. It would be stupid not to put it in right from the very start and bear it in mind the whole time instead of going back and trying to hack it in afterwards...) Of course this is assuming true obfuscation. If it's just a simple encryption it would be something that could be applied at just any time automatically by a simplistic tool.

Impossible to know, but it's not impossible.

*Their and what lies? Maybe they told him exactly 48 hours, but more likely they said something that could be taken to mean that like "in a couple of days" which for someone not in a hurry wouldn't necessarily literally mean two days. (I've done this sort of thing plenty of times IRL. I'll say something like "I'll come over in a couple of days" to my grandparents when talking about fixing some little annoyance on the computer or something that isn't really hurting them so much as just confusing and then things will come up and I end up coming by the next week or something instead. I do have a life outside of fixing people's computers after all.) All the other stuff is pretty much a given to be fake. Gateway explicitly states on their website that they don't make official statements through e-mails to the public. Any assumption anyone makes that a picture of an e-mail posted somewhere is real or official by any means is fundamentally flawed. But here's the really funny thing: what if the e-mails are saying "the next beta release for you [the beta tester] to try will be up before the end of the week"? Even if we trust the e-mails, we still can't trust them -- there is no context!

Virus scanners do tend to block malware these days too, but their most fundamental problem is they can only block known and obvious unknown viruses and malware. New things slip through all the time. Especially since we're talking about websites if you're using IE (and most offices tend to only have IE and not let you run external software...)

13. 17
    Aureas

Aureas Loyal Member

Eh. I feel like they will delay the release due to the Supercardwhatverthefuckitscalled.
    Because its probably a clone.

14. 37
    SpadesMagnes

I don't really get how Supercard doing its thing will cause another delay, please explain

15. 10
    Frecton

Frecton Loyal Member

It is because they can just put their sticker on it and call it theirs.

16. 11
    er0tiky

er0tiky Loyal Member

Analista de At. Bilingue Pleno
    It's already hard to believe all prints of e-mails we see here, but for me it's even harder as I have sent them an e-mail on the 31 of december asking a simple question about the 9.2 update, not regarding the release date, and they still did not answer it.

17. 37
    SpadesMagnes

I still don't get it

18. 17
    Aureas

Aureas Loyal Member

Alright so from what I understand. Supercardwhateverthefuckitscalled is possibly a clone which will just use a modified version of the firmware gw will release. And gw may delay the firmware to see if any more information
    on the Supercardwhateverthefuckitscalled comes out, to make sure its not a clone. and wont use their hardwork to sell their new card

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  19. 37
    SpadesMagnes

OOHHH, ok I see I see
    I don't want it to be that way tbh, I don't want more waiting in the dark corner

20. 29
    guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight Loyal Member

I wouldnt really worry about it since youre not the only one who didnt get a response. And to be fair if I was in that position I wouldnt responded either since a lot of things could go wrong by the time it gets released, its enough that people are calling them liars and scammers, they dont need any other shit on their plate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.