hit tracker

Gateway Blue Card.... and ntrboothax?!

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by IlVampirelloXy, Jun 11, 2017.

1. 41
    IlVampirelloXy

IlVampirelloXy Loyal Member

Hello there is a possibility that the card now stays in a dark drawer can be used for thismethotod?
    No Ruomrs, or ideas?
    Vamp.

2. 25,675
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Only if the card can be update-able via firmware change, not just a new DS launcher, but changing the 'actual boot code'.

Some of the older R4 like cards are 'hardcoded', they don't have a changable firmware.

I asked GW team to comment on this, but they are busy with getting the current GW update out, and will announce at later point on after this big major update is finally out soon.

3. 786
    sudeki300

sudeki300 Loyal Member

these replies are getting worse Gary, so the gateway team are SO busy that they cannot comment on one question, if they were so intent on getting the "missing" gateway update out it would be been released long ago. just admit gateway is dead and the new card. CFW is the new king on the block.

4. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

No cause they are going to release one last update. Even if it takes a while. Gateway has never actually broken their promise of support. When cfw came out and was viable for nearly everyone they were beat, but they still released updates. They will release this last update, and then hopefully emunand support for it. After that though we will never see a new gateway emunand update im 90 percent sure.

I mean unless a miracle happens and stargate continues on with the gateway emunand updates........ but lets not kid ourselves.

5. 7
    Zacchi4k

Zacchi4k Loyal Member

I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll post it here
    I’ve been doing some research about the Gateway Blue card. During my research I found out there are three different revisions of said card: one which gets recognized as Deep Labyrinth, one as a Spongebob game, and the last one as Alex Rider.

It seems like both the Spongebob version and the Alex Rider version are Ace3DS Plus clones, with almost no difference, but I’m completely lost when it comes to the Deep Labyrinth one, since I can’t identify which flashcart it is.

Helping me identify this cart would really help me.

6. 25,675
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    The all should be Acekard clones, and all sadly the older style when is blacklisted from working on newer 3ds firmwares, regarding a whitelist patch to be installed first.

7. 7
    Zacchi4k

Zacchi4k Loyal Member

The fact is, if you try this updater, or any other homebrew supposed to work with an Ace3DS Plus, while it does work on both the Alex Rider and Spongebob ones, it does work, however when trying on a Deep Labyrinth card, it always returns an error like this:

[​IMG]

8. 388
    dsmalls

dsmalls Loyal Member

Did anyone ever test this out?

9. 25,675
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    If you compile the latest github version yourself it will work on 2 out of 3 versions of the gw blue card

dsmalls likes this.
  10. 388
    dsmalls

dsmalls Loyal Member

I was curious for getting CFW loaded on a 2nd O3DS X (4.4) but turns out the browser method worked fine. Thanks for the reply Gary.

11. 388
    dsmalls

dsmalls Loyal Member

I need to test it out, but this looks promising.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ace3ds-plus-can-now-be-used-for-ntrboot.492072/
    https://github.com/ntrteam/flashcart_core/issues/33

Quote:

"I'd like to note that the ace3ds+ has been found to be the same as a Blue Gateway flashcart.

This gbatemp post has quite a lot of information suggesting the carts are the same.

To support this, I tested the ace3ds+ updates (Wood and AOS) on my Blue Gatway to find they work perfectly. An untrimmed rom dump I got from my Blue Gateway is identical to the "SPONGEBOB AP_AL3E78_00.nds" posted above, and my Chip ID and HW Rev match those posted above as well (00000FC2 and 00000000 respectively).

The gbatemp post also has two update roms at the bottom for download, and my Blue Gateway works with this ace3ds+ update in particular, saying that it's already been updated to the latest version."

12. 25,675
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    @dsmalls - Yep its looks possible that blue card can be updated, I want to write up a simple step-by-step tutorial with all the needed files to flash to ntrboot and back, with a way to tell which one CAN NOT be updated yet, which looks like it is Deep Labyrinth.

Then make a nice unofficial news post about it, like I did with @123ab emunand 11.6 packs.

dsmalls likes this.
  13. 34
    xabier

xabier Loyal Member

We might get the update for 2020