hit tracker

GATEWAY Releases ULTRA 3.0.3 Public BETA

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by lemanuel, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Downgrade support for Taiwan (TWN) region is now fixed!

It has only been around 2 days since the last update for Gateway 3DS owners and the team has been very quick to fix-up any tiny issues, releasing yet another update!

[​IMG]

After some Gateway users from Taiwan region reported problems and bricks with their systems when downgrading, Gateway's team releases now a security fix for that situation since the TWN region was erroneous detected as CHN (iQue) and so it was accepting the CHN downgrade pack when it shouldn't.

That's everything for now. Hopefully our fellow users from Taiwan can now downgrade safely and without any issues so that the team can focus their attention on other priority objectives again. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2015
    Xenogears V, dsmalls and GaryOPA like this.
  2. 113
    YZ-Rum

YZ-Rum Loyal Member

For European, Japanese, and American users, can we remain on 3.01 since the other two betas are mostly focused on those Asian regions?

3. 3,760
    lemanuel

basically yeah. no extra feature has been added. 3.02 fixed stuff for those 3 regions and now 3.03 fixes the security measures for TWN region. nothing else changed as far as I know

YZ-Rum likes this.
  4. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

I love how they keep saying this and then people do it anyway and complain if anything goes wrong. They make it blatantly clear that downgrading without a hardmod is taking a risk (however small) of problems or even a brick and people still seem to think that if anything went wrong it's Gateway's fault, lol.

5. 113
    YZ-Rum

YZ-Rum Loyal Member

All right. Thanks.

---------------------
    Welp, for those of us who downloaded successfully, there's no need to downgrade again. Just make sure you backup your nand before and after you downgrade. But if people are updating sysnand constantly on different cartridges just to backup multiple FW's, then that's when it becomes highly risky. As for the restore feature, I guess we can guarantee that it's works 99% of the time since no one has made any complaints.

6. 29
    bytor

bytor Loyal Member

Hopefully it won't be long before they sort out the New 3DS stuff now, playing anything on my old metallic red 3DS is a huge step backwards after experiencing the wonders of Super Stable 3D on my Ambassador New 3DS.

7. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

That's the freaking truth. Getting bored of shooting faces haha

Sauerkraut likes this.
  8. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

There is a reason why its BETA, also to quiet the mass of whiners about them not making a move the beta was release. What more can you expect, that the downgrade be automated without users consent? Thats a cluster fuck I don't want to see but hey if it makes customers happy.

9. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

I'm not complaining at Gateway. I'm complaining that people keep ignoring the warnings posted clearly on there and then blame Gateway if anything goes wrong with something that was clearly stated to not be 100% and that they shouldn't mess with it if they don't want any risks.

10. 25,653
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    @lemanuel - Thanks for posting up the news fast, and formated already for me.

The First Official Mirror is going up now:

http://scmods.com/gateway/GATEWAY ULTRA 3.0.3 PUBLIC BETA.zip

Mirror link added to the first post, and news all facebook/tweet out now to get the rest of cowrd in here to whine about still no new 3ds support or 2DS stable and downgrading not fixed either.

Don't worry, Be happy, those last two things are truly just around the corner and will be out soon, as you been seening the GW team been working hard handling many things all at once, with updates coming on two or three times in one week now, so they not slowing down until everything is done and perfect without any issues for all consoles, all regions, all versions.

Stay Tuned for more amazing GW news in the coming days... :)

lemanuel likes this.
  11. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

*Sits on the edge of his seat, waiting in anticipation*

:p

12. 25,653
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    I originally was going to write "coming hours..."

But that would had caused the hype-train to speed out of control again! :)

ryanjf97 likes this.
  13. 3,760
    lemanuel

You shouldn't have said that now anyway. lol

Now people will start losing control and once it doesn't happen (just in case it happens that way) they'll start blame you for no reason xD

14. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

*Hangs teetering on the very edge of falling over in fascinated anticipation of what is now to come in only mere minutes*

Is it out yet? *Refresh refresh refresh* Yet?

15. 25,653
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Yeah, nothing going to happen for at least another couple of days, and the way it seems to be going is 'bug fixes' first, so if their previous track-record matchs the future, I see them fixing the unstable 2DS problems next by Monday or Tuesday, but don't quote me on it, they rarely send me emails either anymore, it is full stream ahead within GW with releasing stuff, no idle minutes spend answering emails or chit-chating about various things.

16. 33
    Puppy_Washer

Puppy_Washer Loyal Member

Why would you write "hours" if its going to take at least a couple of days?

17. 88
    Mehrtellica

Mehrtellica Loyal Member

How is this exciting at all for N3DS owners?

18. 25,653
    GaryOPA

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Because the 48 hours of hype last time was alot of fun, even tho I was off by almost another 24.

Nope, boring, not exciting. -- The only good thing is that the team will have iron'ed out 90% of problems when N3DS is launched, think of all the millions of classic 3DS owners having the rough ride with the BETA and BUGS, whereas the N3DS people will join onto a train that well oiled, smooth riding, and operating fine now with no issues.

19. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

I thought the 2ds not always playing games from the red card and then the chinese 3ds downgrade brick issue were really the only "bugs" out there. I mean if the only issues with the n3ds right now are the same as the 2ds i could live with that happily :p
    im probably gna be only using .cia files anyway so as long as i can get bbmenu installed (so getting the red card to work at least once) id be a freakin happy camper =D

Smoker1 and Mehrtellica like this.
  20. 88
    Mehrtellica

Mehrtellica Loyal Member

Hmm, having bugs and playing games or no firmware and waiting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.