hit tracker

GATEWAY Releases ULTRA 3.0.3 Public BETA

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by lemanuel, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 84
    PancakeDeAwesom

PancakeDeAwesom Loyal Member

I can see 3.0.4 will have iQue fixes
    and 3.0.5 will have KOR fixes
    Who knows when N3DS support will come.

Shamier likes this.
  2. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

Probably when it'll be officially released worldwide? (which isn't the case yet).

I'm still on 3.0 xD

3. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

Exactly. At the rate they are going, it will probably be a Wk or 2 before the N3DS Support is released. I guess they just want to make sure everything is in working order and no Issues are present.
    Most people make .3ds into .cia anyway so they are on the....... System MSD Card. I would say as long as ppl can get the Title Manager running and Installing on the System, go for it. That way everyone is happy with that and can slow down so they can focus on the Issues.

Real quick, due to the Issues I just had with my SD Card on my Small 3DS, which route would I have to go to transfering everything (CIA Installed) to another SD Card that is smaller and Formats to FAT32 normally? Basically:
    64GB SDXC(FAT32) ---> 32GB or 16GB SD(FAT32)

Edit: Scratch that. Found info from Davhuit's Signature. Thanks :D

4. 2
    GreyAngel

GreyAngel Loyal Member

So this means two things:
    First - no betas for the N3DS.
    Second - we will have to wait until 13th February or later? Are you serious? I mean, showing a video in November and teasing "just around the corner" and then the corner is about 3 months huge? Come on...
    I know it's not your fault garyopa, but I just don't understand their policy. I would never tease an unborn or unfinished "baby"...

And at least: Teasing another "secret function" for the next update - and three updates later, nothing happened. Where has the rabbit gone?! Gateway - Just questions, no answers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    Smoker1 likes this.
  5. 176
    Shamier

Shamier Loyal Member

February 13th will be the release date of Gateway with N3DS support indeed.
    Nobody actually dares to say it in here.

Just get a cheap retail card and finish the game in 2 weeks.
    Cause nothing is gonna happen between now and then.

Man i'm not even visiting the Gateway website anymore.
    I'll do it on february 14th in the morning.

So I don't have to wait for it on the day itself.

Guess Gateway wants to wish us a happy valentines day??
    Weird stuff..

6. 33
    Puppy_Washer

Puppy_Washer Loyal Member

Unlikely.

The closer that we get to Feb 13th, the more that people assume that Gateway are completely unable to gain stable N3DS support. More and more people will either go legit and update, or buy a SKY3DS.

There is nothing for Gateway to gain by waiting for the 13th either. If the US N3DS XLs have 9.3/9.4, then they have no chance at compatibility to begin with. If they have 9.2 or lower, then they're fine.

If Gateway released N3DS compatibility right now, future US N3DS XL owners will breathe a sigh of relief that their upcoming console will likely have support. And if they don't, oh well, they have options for importing.

7. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Why do people keep assuming that anyway?

8. 176
    Shamier

Shamier Loyal Member

Well I don't fully agree on the fact that there's nothing to gain with waiting.
    Gateway is waiting for sure to have the EU/USA firmwares confirmed.

Their feeling says that the N3DS's will have 9.0 but feelings are not enough for developers.
    Cause if somehow the firmwares would be higher (which won't happen), their whole N3DS update would be useless for the two biggest regions.

Gateway has the policy to make their product work on the N3DS. They need some confirmations which they can only get on/or after february 13th before releasing the update.

How silly would Gateway look if they anticipated on supporting all existing regions, and only Japan and Australia with 9.0 firmwares could've been supported?

A lot of European and American N3DS users will abandon Gateway if the N3DS update will go public today, only to disappoint these 2 regions.

Well this is all hypothetically, since Gateway knows for sure that all devices will have 9.0. They just wanna see it with their own eyes.

So february 13th is the most plausible release date.
    Think about this people.

9. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

You could be right, and that seems like the obvious thing to do, fix all bugs before moving forward.

Oh no, you did a survey and found that out?

10. 176
    Shamier

Shamier Loyal Member

Which developer will take the risk with good alternatives like Sky3DS?
    Very cynical reply while i'm giving you an on point analysis.

Gateway has money to lose with premature releases and money to gain with fully working releases.
    You clearly aren't a developer or a business orientated person.

I'm sick of waiting too, let's be honest about that.
    Just explaining their decisions in depth.

11. 45
    Sauerkraut

Sauerkraut Loyal Member

Let's all just be glad that Shamier isn't in charge of when new 3ds support will be launched.

12. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

I think lots of us might give in and buy a qq or a sky if n3ds support isn't released by like Feb 7th. That way when we get our USA n3ds we can play shit right out the gate. I mean it'd cost over 80 bucks for majora and mh4u anyway so might as well

So I feel if anything by gateway not releasing any sort of n3ds support buggy or not lots of users may jump ship. Losing sales to their competitors. Even as a new customer, do I choose the card that currently works or the one from the company that misled users for almost 3 months and still doesn't work?
    So my business sense says they'd want to hurry up to maximize profits. Not that they'd lose too much by waiting but if you can make more why wouldn't you?

13. 62
    terids

terids Loyal Member

I just bought Bravely Default to tide me over until N3DS support. I figure if I have too many games I never really focus on one anyway. I can just sell it again anyway. I was tempted to buy a Sky3DS but the button to change carts would really bug me, and it would also be harder to resell.

14. 135
    ophbalance

ophbalance Loyal Member

I'm far more curious on how long it's going to take before someone figures out how to hard mod the N3DS. Given that it's not likely to be able to go back to 4.x, I'd like to have a get out of jail free card in case a flash should go wrong.

15. 2
    koziakauzu

koziakauzu Loyal Member

Well, a lot of new GW users are getting ready (ordering GW) for their already imported or day one 02/13 N3DS. GW not saying anything until that date or letting people assume they will deliver on that date generate...sales?

16. 908
    guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

Just kicking back, reading a book, maybe I'll go buy a used game to tide me over.

It'll be out when it's out. GW is working on it. Keep the boards clean. Yes I am sure GW knows you guys are waiting. If you have a bug or an issue please post it. More rumors and speculation just give rise to rumors that you are a paranoid schizophrenic. GW is on the job.
    58280547.jpg

17. 43
    Tilde88

Tilde88 Loyal Member

Good luck with Sky / QQ whenever it is fully patched up by Nintendo. No more online-play, no more updates, no more eShop. And no CIA / brew support (but thats always gonna be that way on Sky). The problem with those cards is that they are static, and isolated to rely on the console -while being unable to modify the console.
    It might be a year, it might be a few months, or it might be 2 years... But Nintendo will bring the Sky series down.

18. 5
    Nuxx20

Nuxx20 Loyal Member

That's a weak argument ink. I might as well reply to you with something like this:

"Good luck waiting for gateway to support n3ds, it might be a few month, or it might be 2 years..."

19. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

Any idea on if the exploit will be web based still? Specifically for 8.1 N3DS consoles, but just in general I guess. I hate the limitation of needing internet/android access.

20. 108
    ScarletKohaku

ScarletKohaku Loyal Member

If what SonyUSA said is to be believed, the exploit will be a one-time connection to the internet to install the exploit, and will work offline afterwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.