hit tracker

GATEWAY Releases ULTRA 3.0.3 Public BETA

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by lemanuel, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

Is this from the 'leaked' guide from before 3.0 was released, or something more recent? I've been a way from the scene for a week :(

2. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

The guess is that his "leaked" tutorial was just jumping the gun on the N3DS exploit, but, again, a lot of people were assuming that a QR code would be used as with Ninjhax and the MiiMaker seemed the most likely candidate there, so it's not 100% impossible that it was posted based on said assumption (and, as I said, it's practically a copy of the Ninjhax instructions modified to say MiiMaker and leaving out the web page address.) So as to whether it is assumption or not one can't really say. However, what can be stated is that if the actual exploit being used itself is fixed as Gateway has strongly implied with telling everyone to stay away from 9.3+, then there's absolutely no reason whatsoever for them to sit on this other method and they should have just gone straight to it. Of course, this doesn't apply if it's actually a separate exploit and thus potentially usable even in newer firmwares (which would be simply amazing if true, but very unlikely sadly.)

Not really. The fact is, Sky3DS will never support features like installing CIAs and etc, but N3DS will be supported in Gateway whether it takes a day or a year. Also, while it may potentially be some time, there is absolutely no room for doubt that it won't be so long as two years. With the current state of things, it's inconceivable that it would take any longer than, say, a month after the N3DS comes out. This is assuming worst case scenarios all around. In reality, it's probably not going to be long now (in fact, the most likely worst case scenario would be that it comes out with the system's release in the US and Europe.) Other than the worst case scenarios though, the other scenarios would be it coming out in the next week or two at the rate things are currently going.

3. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

Your optimism is refreshing :p

4. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Optimism? Not really. Just extrapolation based on current movements.

5. 176
    Shamier

Shamier Loyal Member

Why, I would've released it at this very moment because I'm sick of waiting.
    I guess you would be the first one to download it..

Are you having issues with reading my post or just trolling around?

6. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

Well I wish you were in charge of releasing it :p

Shamier likes this.
  7. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

I never said they had something to gain personally. I just said that people saying they are late for N3DS are wrong. N3DS is still not released worldwide yet, so for now, they are just late for japanese users (and Australian, but it's probably again less people than Japaneses )and I don't think the majority of gateway users are Japanese xD

They will be late if the exploit is not released once the N3DS is released worldwide (so February 13).

And yeah, people who are sick of waiting can buy a Sky3DS. The only problem I assume is that most people imported a Japanese one because it was cheaper and so will be stuck with japanese games (and language) only.

That's why we always say to wait (even for the gateway, when people bought it before the exploit was actually released). People who waited and will have a PAL N3DS will, at least, be able to buy a Sky3DS and play games in their languages.

But personally, I won't buy a Sky3DS. First, need to check if Majora's Mask one is 9.2 or less, and even if it's okay, I still have my original 3DS waiting for the exploit. I can wait a few weeks/months, it's not a big problem for me. (and if the Majora's Mask one is 9.3+, I'll resell it unboxed, should sell very well, as it's already out of stock, and will use the benefits to buy a Australian 9.x N3DS).

US/EUR first batch have lots of probabilities to be 9.0, same as the Ambassador Ones delivered this month (which would already be on 9.3 or 9.4 if Nintendo really cared about).

We have the same people who were crying about the 9.x exploit, saying it would never been released, and we saw what happened... And now, it happen again with N3DS support, it's starting to become boring. Impatient peoples, either be patient or either go buy a Sky3DS/Retail games and here you go, end of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  8. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

I remember when gateway told us we had to be on 9.0-9.2 and I hurried up like a mofo and bought my n3ds ll knowing it would probably come on 8.1 and then id have to quick update. n then i remember nintendo releasing 9.3 and being pissed as hell cuz i had yet to receive my n3ds...but then it came on 9.1!!!! yay!! anyway im back on wondering if its the 8.x support for n3ds waitway/gatewait is trying to figure out or something. all tho that doesnt add up with the beta testing new eu ambassador units

9. 40
    Antinull

Antinull Loyal Member

I am pretty depressed my n3dsll isn't compatable yet...
    Guess ill just keep playing kokuga....
    I should have just waited for a us release i guess

codychaosx likes this.
  10. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

The depression is real bro.
    Ive become like the whineiest whiner on all the scene forums lmao
    I keep taking my N3DS out of the box just to look at it :p

11. 25,642
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Yeah, and here is song to keep your depression away...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  12. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

When GW showed the N3DS Video running it, no one knew when the N3DS would hit EU/NA. It could have been later on this Year. Until a few Weeks ago, prior to Nintendo finally saying when, everyone concluded, that it would come out with a unsupported FW, so they decided to Import just in case.
    Yes I am pretty bummed that GW has not released the Support for it yet. I figure, it will come out when it comes out. This Wkend, next Wk, Release Date as the N3DS, few days to a Week or 2 after to make sure it has the supported FW. Or they plan to release at a time when Nintendo cant pull the plug and wait some more.
    Until then, guess we have to deal with people acting like this:
    50542971.jpg

Davhuit likes this.
  13. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

I had a 3DS XL before, but the Screen got a crack in it. I could have grabbed another one with 4.5 on it, but I knew the N3DS would be supported at some point not to mention having a better GPU, CPU, and apparently more RAM along with the Z L/R Buttons and a C Nub. Figured when more Homebrew is Developed, would be better run on N3DS along with more Buttons. But most importantly, like I said, at the time, no one knew when it would come out for EU/NA or what FW would be on it.
    Yes I have a 3DS with Gateway, but it is on the Small regular 3DS.
    Also recently, the Vita Scene has ground to a halt it seems like except for the PSP Side of it. They had news of someone making a Program to Test the Vita, possibly develop Homebrew, but that was Months ago. From what I read a long while ago, seems like Devs are forgetting about the Portable Devices Scene and focusing on other things like the PS4, XBox, WiiU, or Emulators for PC (Namely a 3DS Emu, 360, or PS3 Emu).

14. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

Here's an interesting supposed email from gw posted over on the temp

Makes it sound like it's not coming out soon by any means. If this email is to be believed.

15. 25,642
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Boy. I thought i could have relaxing weekend, but no everyone is fighting.

Dont worry I will post some news soon and not gw soon but my soon like tomorrow at the latest.

Malala and lemanuel like this.
  16. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Well... if I want, I only have to spend 1-2 mins of my life's time deleting all the nag posts that are here.

But the people who write them lose much more than that. So I have no problem with people writing whatever they want. It's their time that gets wasted mostly.

I enjoy healthy discussion about subjects, even stuff like this. I just can't let flame posts stay here.
    For now I'm still finishing a new guide about saves that I've been working on all afternoon. But as soon as I'm done, some posts might disappear from here :)

Update: The guide is done finally. Please read it and if see something that is wrong or that should be added/removed, please tell me so that I can edit it afterwards ;)

http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/287072-Game-saves-and-how-to-manage-them

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
  17. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

Issues we can fix. We can't help fixing N3DS support, only gateway can.

But we do said to never believe gateway before they release stuff. As I said, we are still waiting for gba games and it's like near one year since they said they'll look at it.

Like people often says for politics, promise only engage those who believe them :/

I don't even think gateway team care a lot about this forum or they would give their news first here, if they really thought it was their official forum and it's not the case, leaks near always happen on gbatemp first.

Best way to complain is to email them directly in my opinion because near everyone here have no contacts at all with gateway team.

18. 53
    John Silva

John Silva Loyal Member

Owner/Photographer, Specialize in all kinds of equ
    That's a bunch of bollocks. The Gateway exploit was patched with 9.3. People who've gotten early review units, put the firmware at 9.0.

No excuse.

As for Gary's news, I have a feeling I know what it is:

"Gateway has run into issues with certain New 3DS Units. They are still working on it and will release a news update some time this week"

You're welcome.

codychaosx likes this.
  19. 317
    hto60

hto60 Loyal Member

That would be so funny if the N3DS exploit actually works with 9.3+, but they are waiting to be sure that EUR/USA N3DS won't have a patched firmware (9.5 or anything) ^^

20. 53
    John Silva

John Silva Loyal Member

Owner/Photographer, Specialize in all kinds of equ
    It's not "bollocks", it's *censored*. I'm American. I'd never use a word like "bollocks" in my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.