hit tracker

GATEWAY Releases ULTRA 3.0.3 Public BETA

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by lemanuel, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33
    2skies

2skies Loyal Member

A friendly "we will have a release for the new consoles by global release" would go a long way. I'm not saying Gateway should release the update right meow, but rather just let us know that it will get released in time for the new consoles. I bought a GW on hopes it would work for this new console that I'll be buying. I'm a consumer driven by trust, and it'd be nice if they could help galvanize that trust that so many of us seem to be losing.

2. 176
    Shamier

Shamier Loyal Member

Even that is risky in Gateways point of view.
    No annoucements... A kind of surprise release yields the best results for us in usage.

That's the best way to keep Nintendo off your back.
    Any announcement or planned activity could possibly affect Nintendo's plans/behavior.

Just keep faith.. On february 13th we will play our asses off and won't be posting and wondering as much.

3. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

If the exploit being used by gateway is region specific as in the code or w/e used to launch the exploit n stuff is different for each region then it would make sense to wait for the American release. Otherwise I see no reason to not release the exploit as soon as it's working for eu and Jp consoles. I mean either way what does it hurt releasing it now as compared to the 13th? Blah i just wish gw would tell us wtf is going on. You don't even have to say sorry for tricking us into adding to ur xmas sales. Just be like aight homies here's the scoop we haven't released n3ds support yet because of...blah blah blah bleh

4. 13
    ajalcoba

ajalcoba Loyal Member

I don't quite agree with what you said.
    As lemanuel said, I really doubt emunand will be a problem.
    When Nintendo updated its firmware to 7 (or 8.1...I think it was 8.1), it used a new encryption or something like that. Even though it would have been difficult to bypass this, GW came with a solution in less than two months, so I'm confident they have a way to bypass future new encryptions and, therefor, there would be no point in delaying the exploit any longer.
    That's what I think, at least.

5. 176
    Shamier

Shamier Loyal Member

I appreciate your view on this.. I have the same faith in Gateway as you have.
    The point is that Gateway doesn't know what trouble they will be getting themselves in when they release it now.

Even the Gateway team has no official American or European N3DS from the february 13th batch.
    There has to be something they want clarity on before releasing it. How can they bring out an update if halve of devices have to be released yet in february? It's quite logical if you think about it.

They would've released it by now if it wouldn't be something that has to do with the february 13 releases.

That's something that's sure if it ain't emunand worries.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  6. 13
    ajalcoba

ajalcoba Loyal Member

So, in order for them to change their plans, they must have seen something different in the Ambassador N3DS. Otherwise, they would have released it three weeks ago.

7. 25,653
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    I know everyone is on their edge of their seat, waiting for news, but nothing yet, team been very quiet.

Also quiet here also for me, as its long weekend, so just relaxing and getting other things done around the house.

As soon as I hear anything it will be posted here, but from looks of it so far nothing today, but is still early the last few releases have come in the early evening hours here, and its only 1pm here right now.

8. 83
    SonyUSA

SonyUSA MaxConsole Game Reviewer Staff Member MaxConsole News Team

I don't think the delayed release has anything to do with GW waiting so that Nintendo can't "block" emunand. In -most- cases when Nintendo releases a new firmware, the files are changed enough so that the locations of the patches that need to be made are different which crashes the loader. It's not that Nintendo actively seeks to stop GW with every firmware, it just naturally does it when the code changes. Whether GW releases now or later, Nintendo will or won't release a FW that tries to block it, so it doesn't really matter on that front.

My best guess is they are waiting until they can get their hands on a US N3DS so they can find the proper permissions to patch and release everything all at once so there aren't a bunch of different GW firmwares running around causing confusion. If I had to put money down, I would expect release no less than 2 weeks before launch (about the time when they may feasibly be able to get their hands on a non-ambassador US N3DS and create the proper Launcher.dat for it).

9. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

That would piss off a lot of people, more or less everyone in the world outside of USA.
    If they have it working, which according to leaked sources say that they do.
    Then they should just release it and patch the US region later.

10. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

well... no matter the reason for them not having released yet, ppl are already pissed.

in case that really is the reason, maybe ppl will keep being pissed but they won't really care since they'll be able to use it at last.

so I guess it's pretty pointless to argue about it

11. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

wow u have no idea the amount of hype you've created over at the temp lmao

12. 83
    SonyUSA

Oops. Link? lol...

13. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

I highly doubt this the reason. To create a unified N3DS exploit launcher.dat?
    Since when has GW created a unified anything, even 3.0 has had 3 different revisions.

I doubt GW is sitting on a working launcher and just waiting around for the US console.

14. 83
    SonyUSA

What do you mean? That's exactly why 3.0 was delayed, to make a unified 4.5-9.2 Launcher.dat. The other 2 versions were for important bug fixes that they couldn't know of before hand.

And I should point out they were sitting on a working 9.0-9.2 launcher then, as well :p

15. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

It's already known that there is a 9.0-9.2 launcher for AU-J region N3DS. I have an encrypted version of the launcher myself. So they can release it any day now.

What I mean is that it makes no sense to wait for U-region to release it public since there is no guarantee that it'll be 9.2 below and even if its released now, they can easily release a .01 .02 patch like the Asian region patches once the U-region consoles arrive.

There is no reason to sit on it, unless the launcher is buggy

Sauerkraut likes this.
  16. 8
    gamefighterx

gamefighterx Loyal Member

i thought they delayed it because it fudged up the mii maker app and needed to fix it, any truth to this?

17. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

There's a skater version of the launcher that doesn't use mii maker, its based on the higher level CFW. The skater exploit stops working on 9.3, the mii maker is supposed to exploitable even on higher level firmware.
    Also the skater version doesn't work on 8.x firmware since they were manufactured without a I.E, and doing a partial system update to install the browser is risky. The mii maker is a workaround for the 8.x, but may be buggy.

This is probably the main reason for the delays. Not for U-Region launch.

18. 123
    Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder Loyal Member

Professionaly Unemployed. :P
    Home Page:
    http://www.mariopc.co.nr
    So you're saying the Mii exploit may still work on 9.3/9.4? I must not the the only person who thinks 9.3/9.4 support is the "surprise" feature then. :p

As for GBATemp....They must be inhabited by children with ADHD or something. They were ready to crucify Garyopa because he was a mere 3 or so days off the original prediction of the big 3.0 release. 3 days must equal 3 years in GBATemp time. :p

It wasn't a big deal for me. I had just gotten my Gateway in the mail and only waited 3 days for the release. I guess you can call that "a plan coming together". Mwuahaha. I spent most my time waiting to get the money saved up to buy the Gateway and knew that by the time I did get it, the release would be out or very close to being out. That prediction came to be true for me.

And I would assume the same for the N3DS. Even though I have no plans on getting one anyway, had I decided to get one, the update for that would probably be out or close to being out by the time I would have gotten one. :p

This is why being an early adopter is a bad idea. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  19. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

Possibly, but only the powers that be can give you a definitive answer and they don't like to share. Unless you have $$$ ;)

20. 83
    SonyUSA

I'm not saying they are waiting to release to see if US N3DS is 9.2 or under, I'm saying they don't even have the patch locations for the firmware yet to actually make GW3DS usable on the systems. They are waiting to get a retail unit so they can find the patch locations and create the launcher.

Shamier and Thomas12345 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.