hit tracker

GATEWAY Releases ULTRA 3.0.4 Public BETA

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by lemanuel, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

emuNAND support for firmware 9.5 is fixed and N3DS support is mentioned as well

Hours after the newest 9.5 firmware was released by Nintendo, Gateway's team releases a fix for emuNAND support which enables full use of this firmware in emunand.

[​IMG]

Nintendo decided to gift us with a new firmware a few hours ago and users soon discovered that the multirom menu wasn't working in GW Mode. It didn't took long for Gateway's team to deliver a fix for this situation however which also kills once again any rumors about them being alive or death.

They also reported that firmware 9.5 emuNAND support for the N3DS won't be available right away once the N3DS GW support is released. Obviously old Ninty changed enough in the N3DS firmware that made the use of emuNAND harder to implement. Don't let that bring you down though since Gateway's team also said they it won't be a permanent situation, it simply will require more time to get it to work. In the meantime, that also potentially confirms that emuNAND support for the N3DS will exist and with that said, every user will be able to get game updates or anything else even without eShop access.

That's all for now folks. Let's hope the next update won't take that much longer so that the N3DS support can finally be released and that it may bring good news about emuNAND as well. :)

Here is an official mirror link for the download as usual: GATEWAY ULTRA 3.0.4 PUBLIC BETA.zip <-- Enjoy! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    bytor, kneehighspy, GaryOPA and 2 others like this.
  2. 131
    Chrisali

Chrisali MaxConsole Sponsor Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.r4depot.com
  3. 3,760
    lemanuel

Not a fake problem. It is a problem. It just doesn't have much impact in the common use of the console. Even more than the games, online play, or updates, it's the people who wanted to do a system transfer with their N3DS and now they have to wait to do it. That's the biggest reason for GW's team to worry about successfully implementing the 9.5 emunand support in the N3DS as soon as possible. Other than that, it's not really a relevant situation for now.

Here's some useful information as well about the changes in firmware 9.5 and why the emuNAND support in the N3DS will require more time to implement:

Source: http://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/9.5.0-22

4. 47
    katz

katz Loyal Member

Where exactly did they say that?

5. 3,760
    lemanuel

Right here:

6. 33
    2skies

2skies Loyal Member

It's good to hear something from Gateway and I'm pleased that they were able to address the 9.5 issue for the old 3DS users in a timely manner. I'm not too shook about not having N3DS 9.5 EmuNAND right out of the gate (other than the hassle of update nags) because, provided Gateway releases a solution for N3DS, we will likely still be able to update games via .cia and still be able to go online with 9.0-9.2.

An EmuNAND of 9.5 may not be absolutely necessary right now for most N3DS users, I think.

7. 68
    galneon

galneon Loyal Member

The troubling thing as I see it isn't lack of 9.5 EMUNAND on my import N3DS, but lack of any EMUNAND on it. After all, how will I be able to update it to 9.4 EMUNAND if it's no longer the latest official firmware? At least I'm not aware of an offline method of updating EMUNAND.

As I see it, my never-used N3DS could be stuck on 9.0 or 9.2 indefinitely (whichever it's on currently) with no EMUNAND. This is going to matter when new games start requiring 9.3-9.4 if they don't leapfrog straight to 9.5 (which seems unlikely given the time between firmware releases). Gateway's personal units (eg. the one seen in the old demo) could be the only N3DS with EMUNAND as it stands currently.

Your interpretation comes off as far more definitive (and optimistic) than the GW3DS team's more open-ended statement you've based it on. I suggest editing it to avoid confusion and possible disappointment.

8. 22
    luluigii

luluigii Loyal Member

Lemanuel, I already download and paste the new launcher in the blue card, then i updated my emunand to 9.5 but the multi-rom is gone. Can you help me?

9. 29
    guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight Loyal Member

Updated to the latest beta on my regular 3DS, left the 3DS in sleep mode for like 2 minutes and BAM the update downloaded. Everything works fine on 9.5 even though the 9.5 update was pointless :smile:

10. 3,760
    lemanuel

Emunand 9.0/9.2 is perfectly good enough for now.

Keep in mind that games can be patched to work with lower firmwares and that you can get updates through CIA too. So it's not that much of an "end of the world" situation as it might seem.
    Also, there's still only games in 8.1 so it's likely that games will probably come with 9.0, maybe 9.2 in the future. I highly doubt they'll jump right into 9.5 or even right below that. It doesn't mean it can't happen obviously. Just really small chance.

You need to put the new launcher.dat in the SD card. I don't know why you're mentioning the blue card but that one isn't used for anything relevant in this case.

11. 68
    galneon

galneon Loyal Member

Didn't realize games can be patched to work on lower firmwares. Thanks.

12. 22
    luluigii

luluigii Loyal Member

Haha okay, oh man... sorry a newbie here. Thanks :playful:

13. 3,760
    lemanuel

That's how CFW users "survive". lol

Lots of games are currently being patched to work with CFW since it only works in lower firmware versions. It's the downside of the currently existing CFW being awfully limited. It doesn't work perfectly for all games though.

14. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

Problem is 9.0-9.2 doesn't support Amiibo, which was only introduced from 9.3+ firmware.
    Since 9.4 is no longer available for update, nobody will have access to Amiibo on N3DS via GW.
    This could be indefinite.

You pretty much lose one of the biggest N3DS features
    Unless you go to Sky3DS.

15. 317
    hto60

hto60 Loyal Member

It's the SD card you have to change.

EDIT: Wow didn't notice I've got ninja'd that much xD

16. 3,760
    lemanuel

Not necessarily. Obviously we still don't know how the N3DS support will be. But if Devmenu can be used in a relatively similar way to the 3DS, you could try to update emunand with system title CIAs just like you can do it now. Even if you screw up, at least it's just emuNAND and you can restore a backup.

17. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

Assuming a 9.3-9.4 game shows up.

18. 3,760
    lemanuel

19. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

You mean like the flashcardtimewarp cia

20. 3,760
    lemanuel

No since that is installed in the sysnand and I'm talking only about emunand but same principle.

Check the link in my post before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.