hit tracker

GATEWAY Releases ULTRA 3.0.4 Public BETA

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by lemanuel, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

The Greatest parody video in the world, works for EVERYTHING.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
    themuse, Tilde88, Sauerkraut and 6 others like this.
  2. 44
    herpadoo

herpadoo Loyal Member

At least we'll live long enough to see it.

3. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

Would be good to have some competition so I hope they manage to release something like they said. The low communication and releases dates of Gateway pretty sure come from that. They are the only one with a few functions so they can do what they want.

But actually, the most requested function is the N3DS support so they would only be a real competitor with it. If not, they will be no reason to buy it rathen than a Gateway.

Personally, I just ordererd the evil Sky*** for my N3DS so... xD But I'm still looking forward to be able to use my gateway on my N3DS one day (mainly for the .cia support for VC games, for homebrew, I managed to get a Cubic Ninja for a cheap amount of money) so I will avoid to use it online/update it, and stay on 9.0.

About FTP Servers, I don't know for the second one but Smea's one is not working pretty good, even him says it himself xD

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  4. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

LMAO. You know this is how everyone is feeling right now.

5. 571
    themuse

themuse Loyal Member

Top fucking KeK M8

6. 44
    herpadoo

herpadoo Loyal Member

As defined by Gateway: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Gateway and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Gateway does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Gateway will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

7. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

Yeah well the longer they delay, the more it will hurt them. Not to mention ppl getting frustrated that they purchased a Card they cant even use on the N3DS they purchased. So more than likely, they will get a Sky until GW releases something, and if it is not a N3DS Supporting release, then yeah, bye bye Gateway more than likely for most.

8. 44
    herpadoo

herpadoo Loyal Member

I honestly doubt they care much about the grievances of people that got screwed by buying the card and expecting them to deliver. Especially since they've refused to so much as say a word about the matter. They already have your money, so it's not their problem.

I'm sure they certainly want to get things ready eventually, though. It wouldn't be good business to be the only card not working with the N3DS.

9. 36
    PlatinumLucario

PlatinumLucario Loyal Member

Please be patient everyone, we've only got one month left to go before the next Gateway update comes out. We've also gotta be wary of Nintendo's updates, 'cause we may never know if there could be one that could be used to update while in emuNAND but actually updates the sysNAND, despite being in emuNAND mode.

Just remember, if there's any new updates from Nintendo, don't update on emuNAND (especially not sysNAND either) until it's confirmed safe to do so.

10. 123
    Trubo

Trubo Loyal Member

Source on the bolded?

But yeah, people just need to chill and find something else to do in the meantime.

11. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

OK, has Gary or Sony even heard from Gateway in a while? I swear it seems like they fell off the grid. Dont get me wrong, I know they have lives of their own, and things to do, but has there been any, "Hi, yeah I am doing what I can, it is ???% Completed, oh, and here is what that Hidden Feature is."

12. 39
    cfoordddd

cfoordddd Loyal Member

dang back to waiting... just finish offline mh4 and i wish i hadn't T.T

13. 4
    tclarke94

tclarke94 Loyal Member

didnt garyopa say that gateway said they would make an announcement in a few days like last week? im probably gonna get roasted for this but i am entitled to believe that everything he says is made up because anything he says is not accurate and i have no given up with gateway im just going to update my n3ds i dont care no more

14. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

You're free to do whatever you want ;)

As for what Gary says, ultimately it's not up to him. That's been said many times, people should just keep that in mind. Regardless of what anyone says and whatever reputation that person might have, only GW's team makes the decisions. So you can choose to have hope based on what someone else says but the wait is always based on GW's team's actions and not anyone else's words.

15. 44
    herpadoo

herpadoo Loyal Member

You're better off not listening to anything he says. Between Gateway actually calling the shots and him making things up based on what he's heard, it's not reliable information.

16. 4
    tclarke94

tclarke94 Loyal Member

i agree with you i stopped believing anything he says a while ago, he's just a great big fony to me tbh, and as a company gateway is awful for what they are doing

17. 3,760
    lemanuel

I hope you're not naive to think that any flashcart developer, who main purpose like it or not is piracy, will ever be as reputable as a real, "legal", company. The point is that any of them can do whatever they want, even if it's an awful action. So far they always delivered and even supported the same single flashcart so far. But we've seen plenty of times in the past how developers can even disappear from the scene as if they never existed, leaving everyone else who have their products to burn.

You can believe and do whatever you want. Just don't be convinced that it will ever be any different in this kind of business. This is a Gateway support forum. But we're not employed by GW nor do we get anything from them. We're here to help the people. And it would be the same regardless of how GW's team acts. :)

18. 45
    Sauerkraut

Sauerkraut Loyal Member

Yes, they can do whatever they want, but we all know that Gateway isn't disappearing anytime soon. So wouldn't they look better in the eyes of their customers if they posted regular updates? Why would somebody be "naive" thinking that this is a good strategy?

19. 3,760
    lemanuel

Don't misunderstand me. It's not naive to think that it would be a good strategy to do that. It's only logical and normal. What's naive is to think or compare GW (or any other "company" in this business) with legal or proper companies. Obviously I also don't agree with some of GW's actions but that's just the point. They can do whatever they want even if they shouldn't. They're not bound by laws. They don't care about if it's morally acceptable or not. They simply develop a product and cash in on it. We buy it because it's a good product. That's all. I also wish it wouldn't be like that. That they could have better support. That they could communicate better. But that simply won't change. So it's really useless to think otherwise. And I say this not thinking about defending them, because I'm not, but with the users' interests in mind. After all, as I said before, we're not here because of GW. We're here because of the users who use the same products as we do.

And when I say "we", I mean every person who helps others here in the forum.

20. 25,640
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.