hit tracker

GATEWAY Releases ULTRA 3.0.4 Public BETA

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by lemanuel, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

2. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

I keep reading people talking of Chinese New Year but from all we could saw, Gateway don't seem to be Chinese at all so I don't really see why it would be linked in any way.

The fact that they make the card manufactured in China doesn't mean they are chinese. If yes, that would mean most of the world is chinese as most products from any countries are manufactured in China.

And like I answered to Gary, I don't see why the fact there are problems to ship new batchs of N3DS have a link at all with gateway. New shipments will be 9.4 (as some red ones from the first batch are already on 9.4) so won't be able to use Gateway at all, and so, I don't see why it would be the reason of the delay.

Even the fact I read a while ago which was saying they were waiting until new batchs of Gateway to be manufactured is pretty silly, because delaying the update because of that would just hurt sell (you'll more easilly sell a product if it already support everything before the customer buy it). With all the trolls you can now read on gbatemp (or even some here), you can be sure no one will now buy a gateway for a N3DS before the actual update is released (it was already useless to buy one before the 9.x support was released, but I think now, people learned the lesson), especially when people know you cant really rely on them for regulars news.

So, like I said, it's better to except it to be released for summer. This way, if it's released before, it will be a good surprise for you and if it's not released before/during summer, you can then think it might never been released.

Personally, I think they might not release anything before a competitor appear (probably SuperCard ?). Weirdly, 9.x exploit was announced around the same time Sky3DS appeared, which had support for 9.x). Coincidence? Seems weird.

By the way, does someone really want news from them? (I mean just news, no release). If yes, it's pretty weird. I could probably already write the news for you in advance, "they'll say they won't rush, that's customer satisfaction is their main priority (which is weird because if it really was, they would at least give regular news) and that they'll release N3DS support SOONNNNNNNNNNN".

So personally, if it's just to have such a news, I prefer that they don't update the website until the N3DS support is ready.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
  3. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

My understanding is they're waiting because most resellers are out of stock and since most resellers are based in china gateway has to wait for them to be done partying. :/

But what do I know thats just info from sonyusa over on gbatemp and honestly not sure who to trust in this whole fiasco :p

4. 4
    tclarke94

tclarke94 Loyal Member

i've been waiting patiently since end of november when i bought my n3ds from australia, but today i decided to just update my ads and buy a sky3ds mainly because i wanted to update my monster hunter, so i really hope now it doesn't come out soon because i would of just fu***d up

Adecco41 likes this.
  5. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

What would be the link with the update release? No one with a N3DS will buy one before they release the update, and for the 9.x exploit, if change nothing.

Not to mention N3DS support is delayed since three months so it really might not be related with stocks.

guymelef likes this.
  6. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

I don't really understand that....but whatever. No release, back to watching some netflix and 3ds gaming.

7. 88
    Mehrtellica

Mehrtellica Loyal Member

I hope it comes even sooner now just because you updated.

8. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Why do people think that just because Sky3DS works on the latest firmware they should automatically update? Heck, sell the system on eBay and buy one that's already updated if you don't care that you're throwing away functionality. But updating just removes another system from the pool of those capable of doing a lot of nice things (not just Gateway. Don't forget Ninjhax. For that matter, does Smealum's region check bypass trick require < 9.3?) Plus if one just updates automatically without a thought they're likely to end up with some firmware that blocks Sky3DS or something someday down the road (people seem to just assume it's impossible. It's really really hard, but not impossible.)

EDIT: Speaking of updates, fun fact. I was messing around on my 2DS and let it connect to the Internet for a bit (reinstalling Ninjhax so I could put a non-US theme on my sysNAND via CHMM3) and left data on after installing because I forgot and a short while later I get a notification on sysNAND that an update is available (wow that was fast though!) Something just plain went funky because when I checked the notification to clear it it informed me that the new update 9.0.0.20U now has support for themes (lol.) I'm running sysNAND 9.2.0.20U... Yeah. I guess it didn't actually download the update (though I went ahead and cleared it with the L+R+Up+A+power to turn on the system and hitting cancel method just to be sure -- thanks again lemanuel for pointing us to that!) but I find it pretty funny that I get a notification about 9.0 when I'm on 9.2...

BTW, if anyone is curious how I put a custom theme on an unlinked sysNAND of a system with an emuNAND, it was a bit messy. I copied all the small directories in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder of my memory card over to another small card and booted the system with that. I started up Gateway mode and then switched the cards (probably shouldn't do this -- the system explicitly warns you not to -- but I did it anyway.) This also meant I could run CubicNinja from Gateway despite a 9.5 emuNAND (IMO Ninjhax is a real pain to "install" that first time, so I really didn't want to reset and reinstall to be able to use it on the N3DS again or vice versa) since it didn't actually boot into emuNAND this way.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
    cfoordddd likes this.
  9. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

Well, according to these forums everyone should just play their "Original" copies of their "Safety" backups while they wait, right ;) ;)

10. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

If it was only that. Personally, just the .cia (even only compatible with homebrew) and region-free on N3DS would be enough.

I could deal without the rest (though it's always nice to try games).

11. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

If only it was that simple. Some have a different Region N3DS because at the time, no one knew when the NA/EU would get Released or if it would have a Compatible FW.
    Now, until GW releases N3DS Support, some might have to find matching Regional Versions of the Games in order to be able to play them. Some places either do not sell them, or sell them for ridiculous prices. For example, DKCR3D on Amazon, for a PAL Region, there is one selling it for over $50-60 when it is sold for $20-30 in the NA Region.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
    themuse likes this.
  12. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

Worst case is probably JPN N3DS. Except Pokemon, I don't remember a lot of games which have all the languages inside the JPN Cart.

13. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

Very true. Most JPN Region Games are ONLY in Japanese. AUS/EU is Eng and many others. However, there are some Games that are like JPN where they have the Area Language. I forgot what Game it was, but when I was in Germany, I got a Game for the DS and it was only in German with no way to change the Language. The PSP I got on the other hand I was able to change the Language thankfully.

14. 88
    Mehrtellica

Mehrtellica Loyal Member

Want some sugar cubes for your high horse? Let's all look down upon the peasants together.

Smoker1 likes this.
  15. 571
    themuse

themuse Loyal Member

I can't play any of my carts because my N3ds is out of region and I suspect most people here are In the same boat

Smoker1 likes this.
  16. 44
    herpadoo

herpadoo Loyal Member

Well let's not be silly, now.

17. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

It's not a high horse. I'm just laughing at the fact that 99.99% of all pirates lie and tell people that they only backup legal copies of games that they "own" for "safety". In all my days, I've never met a single pirate that's ever come out and just admitted to stealing. It's just funny to see all these people complaining about not being able to play games when they are the same people who swear on their mother's grave that they own every single game they backup.

So, I was just making a joke.

If every pirate truly does "own" every game that they play on GW, then you should 0 complaints on all these forums, because they can just play their regular cartridge, yet there are thousands of complaints in every language under the sun, which means that people lie about backing up cartridges.

I find it all quite ironic, that's all.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2015
  18. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

lol gateway making us resort to return fraud. Yeah someone i know has an n3ds LL back cover on their american n3ds oh wells. too bad walmart is full of employees who dobnt give a damn.

19. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Then you never met me? C'mon, I keep saying all the time that I don't own any game. lol

20. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

Oh no, your in for it now, Ninja assassin's have put your name on the death list along with the other two guys who dare to admit to piracy.
    Its confirmed, you are Chuck Norris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.