hit tracker

GATEWAY Releases ULTRA 3.1.0 with New 3DS Support

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 162
    seifer69er

seifer69er Loyal Member

short answer no,

both systems must be connected to the internet and both systems must be up to date in order to do a system transfer. so 9.5.0.23X on each

Also, got a glitch on the rom selector, not showing all the games, is this a known bug?

2. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

System Transfers don't copy an installed .cia, it only transfers your real purchases and a cia like that needs gateway to work too. You can't install a cia of OoT to sysNAND on the N3DS and sell your OoT cart either. EDIT: seifer69er is right too, didn't see your post there. You can only system transfer to an updated emuNAND, if you want to retain gw functionality on the target console, and obviously you need gateway working to do this.

Check your SD card isn't fake.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  3. 39
    cfoordddd

cfoordddd Loyal Member

Gateway should ask Datel to add their hacked save file of OoT to the powersaves tab so i don't have to buy a different dongle >.>

4. 88
    Mehrtellica

Mehrtellica Loyal Member

where can you tell if you have v1 or v1.1 of OOT?

5. 106
    liomajor

liomajor Loyal Member

As for my conclusion to tests i did today, i encountered so far two Versions, rev0 and rev1.1 EUR.

The main difference was:

rev0 = no digital Manual and the first Line in Dump: - Legacy -
    (Crypt is Repeating CTR FAIL)
    Code:
    Offset(h) 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F

00000000  20 CD F8 67 53 74 D7 49 7D 66 91 4B D4 BE 11 4C  ÍøgSt×I}f‘KÔ¾.L

rev1.1 = Digital Manual and the first Line in Dump: - Pussycat -
    (Crypt is Repeating CTR FAIL)

Code:
    Offset(h) 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F

00000000  C3 59 DE 01 32 A8 DE E2 29 2D 51 9B 55 35 56 8E  ÃYÞ.2¨Þâ)-Q›U5VŽ

Both worked fine in my AUS new3DS XL OFW 9.2.0 with Save provided by Gateway.

What i noticed when another friend was here because he had trouble
    accessing new3DS Gateway with his rev0, it worked when i deleted his
    previouse save slots first and then wrote the save inside his Cart with
    my 3DS XL.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CREATE A NEW GAME! IT WILL DESTROY YOUR EXPLOIT/SAVE.

6. 46
    Dante_The_Devil

Dante_The_Devil Loyal Member

I obtained a copy of Zelda OoT 3D at my local Gamestop today. Dang game costed me $53 and some change. I have yet to try and see if it is on 1.0 or 1.1. Hopefully it's on 1.0.

I also have a original 3DS XL with the Gateway exploit installed so I don't need a dongle. Can't wait to test the new exploit.

7. 39
    cfoordddd

cfoordddd Loyal Member

can powersaves let you use someone else's save (that have been backup with powersaves also)? if so, anyone who has a pal OoT that already have the gateway exploit save, can you back it up from powersave and send it to me please?

8. 108
    ScarletKohaku

ScarletKohaku Loyal Member

Apparently you can just download the save from Gateway and it'll work if you rename it from .sav to .bin and put it in your Powersaves folder. From my knowledge, you can't use other peoples' saves but it's always worth a shot.

9. 39
    cfoordddd

cfoordddd Loyal Member

ohhhh omg it works! thanks! it wasn't working before but then i realise i was using the .sav sonic from gbatemp provided, but it woks with powersaves thanks you!! currently backing up my sysnand :D

the only painful part was when i have to slowly take of the decal sticker to get to the screws and accidentally rip off abit :S lol

10. 10
    lqd

lqd Loyal Member

I got a AUS N3ds XL. Is it possible to use a US region 3ds XL to restore AUS region Zelda OOT save to a AUS region Zelda OOT original cart?

11. 39
    cfoordddd

cfoordddd Loyal Member

hmm my only problem now is my GW3D 9.5 emunand does not read my gamecarts any idea why?

nvm i forgot classic mode

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
  12. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

Instead of tracking down a correct region and correct build of OoT and getting a save dongle.
    Isn't it easier to just to get a Sky3DS and just download a copy of the correct OoT?

Doesn't make sense why everyone's tracking down proper OoTs. Considering the average price is about $50+$20 for the dongle, not that much difference from a Sky card, least you have a backup flashcard and a not a useless game and a dongle that you'll use once.

What if a faster Cubic N method gets released soon, then you're gonna have to go a track down a proper copy of CN again.

Anyways, just my two cents.

13. 123
    Trubo

Trubo Loyal Member

If the US 3DS XL has GW already installed on it, yes. Otherwise, no.

From what little I've read, it has something to do with the game thinking the GW save file is corrupt, but I believe some regions have already been fixed for that.

You'd still need something to put that save file onto the game though.

14. 317
    hto60

hto60 Loyal Member

Trubo likes this.
  15. 7
    Craig25

Craig25 Loyal Member

If I have a brand new copy sealed of oot will that be ok.isnt it just the second hand ones that people having issues with have obviously been updated to 1.1 or 1.2. Is any game you can buy new and sealed ever updated??? Do they release games with updates preinstalled?

16. 107
    iViperz

iViperz Loyal Member

I agree completely, but the common logic is that it's a steep upfront price to pay compared to combined separate prices, even though that makes no sense!
    Please people may prefer having the actual cart over Sky, though I wouldn't know why since I only have a Sky

No, you're thinking about "updates" that are downloaded from eShop, the 'update' that people want to avoid with OoT for now is the revision of the cart, and there's currently no way to tell what cart is what revision, though there is a current database of working and non working carts for comparison if you can see the number on the back of the cart
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3-1-zelda-oot-compatibility-list-please-post.383544/

So to answer your first question, just simply buying a brand new sealed copy will not guarantee safety.

17. 7
    Craig25

Craig25 Loyal Member

Yes thanks for the reply. This is gonna be a brand new cart so I'm unsure of what revision it will be. Surely every cart is the same revision from the factory???

18. 317
    hto60

hto60 Loyal Member

No, but don't worry. If it doesn't work, it's fairly easy to patch.

19. 135
    ophbalance

ophbalance Loyal Member

I kinda wonder how long it may take before clone OoT's start hitting the market? I cannot be that hard to do. They won't have unique headers or anything, but they would in theory work.

20. 317
    hto60

hto60 Loyal Member

I guess that would be too illegal for Nintendo to accept it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.