hit tracker

GATEWAY ULTRA 3.0.1 Public BETA and DGPacks

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Jan 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

Had an HP windows xp 2 in 1 tablet. Pretty much worked fine except the hardware sucked ass and kept overheating. Its sitting in storage.

I now have D3ll's new 2 in 1 tablet. Slim and Sexy. Plus it works. I can't give a thorough review because I only had it for 2 months. Free from Time Warner.

2. 5
    Renzen

Renzen Loyal Member

will be the gateway will wait the release of N3DS in 02/13 to can launches its update?

3. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

I think you held your translation dictionary upside down or something...

Anyway, the answer is that it's highly unlikely Gateway is going to wait on any system releases for their own releases. Especially since it's no different from the other systems. It will just either work or not work and that's pretty much all there is to it...

4. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

LOL, I think you are being too optimistic, its WaitWay remember. Your should be asking, will we be lucky enough to get the update after 02/13?

5. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

Thats my thought to as long as its a n3ds under 9.2 its all the same...but then why are they waiting for the beta testers results on the european n3ds? (when theyre all 9.x and eur consoles just like the aus ones..)

6. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Maybe they're actually beta testing software changes instead of waiting on a hardware release? Gateway's software is currently in beta even for non-N3DS systems, so why on earth wouldn't it be extremely beta status for N3DS systems?

7. 46
    jason0597

jason0597 Loyal Member

Personally, I think the only reason this "beta" update is out in the first place is to shush us while they work on the real deal.
    Think about it. They said they never rush a product, and that there would be no beta. Just "Close friend" testing. But look where we are now.
    There were rumors at first about a Mii exploit, but out of the blue an internet browser appears. IN BETA. It's like they never planned it!
    And it would make sense if they released it to keep us normal 3DS users occupied for a while because we make the majority of the market, and thus they would at least feel minimal guilt of leaving out the promised New 3DS support.
    They have promised New 3DS support, but it seems like it still needs work. Browser is different in New 3DS either way.

8. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

There's also the fact that quite a lot of people were sitting on dusty Gateway carts that wouldn't work for them while their biggest competitor had basic functionaliy 100% working. This release is quite sufficient to at least get us somewhat caught up (depending on which side you're it's better or worse, lol.) It was starting to kind of risk too many going to the competition and not having the cash to come back.

I still do think that their downgrade systen means they have a means of doing a generic firmware flash now which to me says they could make a full blown CFW if they wanted. Of course they'll want it to be dependant on the GW card in some way even if so, but they could totally do it I think. More realistically though, a firmware with a built in exploit is probably quite resonably possible.

9. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

Not sure if this has been addressed, more than likely, but there are so many Replies to this Thread. If anything, it will just confirm. There is a slight issue with this new Release when Installing CIAs.
    Conditions: Have any number of CIAs Installed. Reboot System. CIAs not showing up. Run Gateway. CIAs are now present on the Home Screen, however, they are now needing to be Unwrapped. All of them. Happens every time System is Rebooted and after running Gateway.
    3DS Red, FW 9.2 NA Region.
    Prior to GW Update, this was never a problem. If anything, CIAs were always there, but in Normal Mode, you would not be able to run them until running EmuNAND.

10. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Nope. It happened even before this release. It's the "gift" bug and it can be solved by separating emunand from sysnand

11. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Separate your sysNAND from your emuNAND. Turn the system off. Remove the memory card. Boot into sysNAND. Finally, just format and set up the basic stuff again (you can wait to do WiFi until after initial setup to make sure it has as little time to phone home as possible.) You'll want to setup your Nintendo Network ID in your settings if you want access to the eShop and online stuff. Make sure it's exactly the same in the sysNAND as it is in the emuNAND. Once you're done you can pop in the memory card and the sysNAND will put its settings and files in a different directory so the two aren't fighting each other anymore.

12. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

I performed the required Tasks. Very odd though, I triggered the GW Mode, but it did not go to the GW Screen, it just showed the GW Ultra on the top, white Screen on the Bottom, then booted to the EmuNAND. No Boot GW Mode, or any of the other Tasks. Did this 2x. Same result.
    Run IE.
    Task to run the GW Page
    Turn on WiFi
    Reload Page
    Exploit Loads
    Get GWU on Upper, White Screen on Bottom
    EmuNAND Home Menu
    Red Card is Inserted the whole time. Did not get the Blue GW Menu on Bottom Screen at all.

Not complaining, but I think it is skipping the GW Selection Step. LOL

13. 216
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Actually, if you set both Spotpass settings to no before you setup Wifi, you usually don't have to worry about getting an update notice. Now, if you've downgraded, you're probably not planning to go online in SysNAND anyway, so you can just say "later" when it brings the ToS up. Completely prevents Spotpass from running via legality requirements.

I might add, if you do downgrade, before you power it down, boot into Gateway mode, then turn Wifi off. You can't do it from the Gateway menu for some reason, and if you don't turn wifi off before rebooting, you'll get an update notice the second you turn it on, because the downgrader sets both Spotpass settings to yes. So, you have to go to System Settings, quickly flick the wifi switch, select Internet Settings, and quickly flick the wifi switch again, then adjust the settings (once you're into the main Internet Settings menu, the system pretty much won't check the adapter again unless you setup a new wifi connection).

Sounds like it's working normally. It always boots to GW mode automatically if it finds a valid red card. It didn't the first time because it needed the update. Hold L after you tap the bookmark, or eject the card before doing so, and you'll get the menu. Intentional time-saver, because that's what you want it to do most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  14. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

To go to GW Menu you need to press L when you get the grey screen

15. 29
    VeryCrushed

VeryCrushed Loyal Member

Its looking like i may be returning this 3DS XL i got in december and getting a New 3DS XL when it releases.

Looking for opinions, sound like a good idea?

16. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

You saw what people are saying about them coming now with 9.3 or 9.4, right?

17. 29
    VeryCrushed

VeryCrushed Loyal Member

Ahh, no can i get some sources? I have been away from the forums a few days. Lots of work.

18. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

If your wanting to run GW, suggest a Australia Region unless you can read Japanese then get a Jap Region. Should not be long before GW releases a Update that is compatible with N3DS. But when Nintendo releases for NA, it will be on 9.4, or a new FW Version more than likely which GW can not run on. Maybe in a few Months after yes.

19. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Er, it might be on the previous page, but I'm not talking about ten pages back or something here.

EDIT: Oh, it's in the other thread. Hard to keep up sometimes.

20. 29
    VeryCrushed

VeryCrushed Loyal Member

If its true i will stick with my current 3DS XL until around September which is when my bday is. Ill pick up a New 3DS XL then and see what the situation is like then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.