hit tracker

GATEWAY ULTRA 3.1.1 BETA with Cubic Ninja support

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Mar 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 25,355
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    It just keeps on getting better and better with each new release!

Only been a week since we released the first Gateway Ultra Beta with New 3DS support, and now we are back with yet again another update to add the usage of 'Cubic Ninja' as way to launch into our menu

[​IMG]

That did not take Gateway Team very long, just like promised in their last update, they have come thru with full support of New 3DS using the Cubic Ninja game, making it even easier to launch into GW mode, as now no more 'save dongle' is needed to get going.

Here is our official mirror link to the latest firmware --> GATEWAY ULTRA 3.1.1 PUBLIC BETA.zip

And just in case the QR Codes are not displaying on our site, here is mirror also of them:

Cubic QR code for EUR and US New 3DS

[​IMG]
    (Click the above image to get the full-size QR code to scan on your 3DS)

Cubic QR code for JAP New 3DS

[​IMG]
    (Click the above image to get the full-size QR code to scan on your 3DS)

As usual ENJOY!, and Stay Tuned for our next big GW release with some neat new things!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Xenogears V likes this.
  2. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    Gateway 3.1.1 Ultra Public Beta with Cubic Ninja Support

Yay, we finally have it :)

As you can see, they also fixed the problem with the GW3D in front of the emuNAND version for SD cards bigger than 8GB. I think it really is the best Gateway can deliver for the moment. They will do their best for the future, too, it's as always ;)

Original post from Gateway is here:
    http://www.gateway-3ds.com/gateway-3-1-1-ultra-public-beta/

3. 88
    Mehrtellica

Mehrtellica Loyal Member

GATEWAY 3.1.1 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA
    Posted on March 17, 2015
    Today we are back with another update: GATEWAY 3.1.1 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA.

This version fixes a minor bug where the GW3D version tag was not always displayed while in EmuNAND.
    Some speculated this was due to fake microSD cards but it turns out this was not the case.

Furthermore today we bring support for launching the Gateway menu for New 3DS users up to firmware 9.2 through the use of the “Cubic Ninja” game!
    Owners of a retail copy of “Cubic Ninja” from the USA, EUR or JAP region will be able to use the Gateway 3DS cartridge with New 3DS and enjoy all the cool features as usual!

The installation for the Cubic Ninja launching method works as follows:
    * Make sure WiFi is configured and working on your New 3DS (You will only need this once)
    * Make sure Gateway 3.1.1 Launcher.dat is placed on the New 3DS microSD card
    * Start “Cubic Ninja”
    * Go to “Create” menu option
    * Select “QR Code”
    * Select “Scan QR Code”
    * Scan the Gateway Cubic Ninja QR code found in the Downloads section for you region
    * After a brief wait, a Cubic Ninja savegame will be installed
    * And the Gateway menu will be launched

After this one time installation you can invoke Gateway menu as follows:
    * Start “Cubic Ninja”
    * Go to “Create” menu option
    * Select “QR Code”
    * Gateway menu should appear
    We also noticed the multirom menu is not working properly on New 3DS 8.1.0J, and community members confirmed
    so far that updating EmuNAND to latest firmware fixes this issue as a temporary workaround.

Another pending issue we are working on fixing is the broken “head tracking” functionality
    in Gateway mode on New 3DS. However, some clever community members discovered an easy
    temporary workaround until we develop a proper fix for this issue: Simply close your New 3DS
    lid while in Gateway mode to put the console in sleep mode, re-open the lid and head tracking
    should be working again as expected.

Last but not least: We have received a decent amount of feedback with regards to
    incompatibility with certain specific versions of “Zelda: Ocarina of Time”.
    We are still working on improving compatibility; expect more news soon!

NOTE: Support for launching the Gateway menu through Cubic Ninja or Zelda Ocarina of Time on the Classic 3DS is not implemented yet.
    If we get enough interested users we will consider implementing it for the Classic 3DS too.

And as always, ENJOY!

4. 6
    matheusae3

matheusae3 Loyal Member

Sorry about asking obvious question, but I wanted to know what was firmware of the new nintendo 3ds during the release in usa and if the newer models are being sold with a different firmware?

5. 7
    EllarLion

EllarLion Loyal Member

Ah brilliant! I however, am patiently waiting for 9.5 firmware support on the old 3DS, if it ever happens!

6. 209
    battosai121

battosai121 Loyal Member

For the love of god gateway implement it for the O3DS, Please!

7. 1,636
    Ronhero

Ronhero Loyal Member

Whoooohooooop I own cubic ninja! Today is a great day :-D

8. 44
    herpadoo

herpadoo Loyal Member

Excellent, excellent, excellent. I bought Cubic Ninja for $20 after the last announcement, so I'm finally set to actually use this damned N3DS. Still not real happy about having to buy something extra, but this is a tremendously better solution than spending an insane amount on OoT and a dongle.

9. 39
    cfoordddd

cfoordddd Loyal Member

do i just replace me launcher.dat to update to this version? currently on 3.1.0. also does anyone know a fix to be able to use microSD management using the wifi to transfer file into the sd of the n3ds via emunand? it keeps putting me back to sysnand when i press microsd management

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  10. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    You can just replace the Launcher.dat, yes, that's always been the way to update Gateway yet.

I don't know about the mSD manager, but you could use software like ftbrony to transfer files (although it is VERY slow): https://github.com/mtheall/ftbrony

11. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Unless you didn't update your system back when they basically said it would be 100% supported up to the latest at the time and thus have no browser, you can just download a free app for your smartphone or look into that Arduino project (which probably costs less than half of what Zelda OoT or Cubic Ninja will likely cost in the very near future anyway -- I'm guessing around $20-ish?) It's actually better in many ways such as the fact that there is no switching around of cartridges and you only have to carry the one around with you (after all, who doesn't carry a smartphone around these days?) You also somewhat have to jump through more hoops in some ways. If you load the page with a non-working connection first and exit the browser the system remembers the last page you tried to view. If you then start up the launcher first before the browser then the browser goes straight into it without you loading a bookmark or anything. Really the savegame method for a cartridge game at least isn't nearly as nice. (Now, if you could do it for an internal game that would be different, but Cubic Ninja was only released as an eShop game in Japan -- which is tricky even on Japanese systems if you have an import and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo removed it back when Smealum made his announcement anyway -- and Zelda OoT requires you to modify the save which means you need Gateway mode in the first place to get it in there...)

12. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Nazosan, you are right. Nintendo removed Cubic Ninja from the eShop less than 24 hours after the announcement from smealum that Cubic Ninja will be the exploitable game.

But I think if you bought it, you should be able to redownload it (Nintendo has to offer this to you or give you a refund instead, don't know exactly how they handled this).

13. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

That's all well and good if you actually have a Japanese system, bought it on that account (or system transferred from one that was bought back when 9.2 was still the latest firmware version,) and can get to it, but how likely is that for anyone on here? If it's like most such online services are, you need a Japanese credit card (which likely even requires that you have a billing address in Japan) among other things to actually buy from online services like those -- they generally won't take out of country cards. Plus before the Gateway announcement not many people ever imported Japanese systems and I seriously doubt very many at all on this English speaking forum did and am willing to bet that among those very few none bought Cubic Ninja on the eShop. So basically, this means card swapping, plain and simple. I know I don't speak for everyone, but I'd rather just tap a couple of things on my phone (well three -- I organized things into folders on my launcher instead of having a ton of separate pages to search through) then touch the browser icon on my 2DS and bam, GW mode.

For old 3DS, not 2DS users, don't forget there's always the NDS profile exploit btw.

14. 17
    Kapplah

Kapplah Loyal Member

Cubic Ninja was actually released as a cart in japan too. Prob rare as hell though. 734621d08de683024f9297eb44ad9e70.jpg

15. 254
    laramie14

laramie14 Loyal Member

Daycare Aide
    I just updated to 3.1, and I got a cubic ninja cart back when ninjhax was announced. I backed
    up my nand first like always and then I formatted my emunand. As soon as I formatted, I tried
    booting into GW mode to update the emunand, but It went to a black screen. What should I do?
    Edit: I rebooted and when it got back to the sysnand, it created the sd card stuff and then I booted
    into GW mode again and I was in emunand. I'm updating now.

16. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Cool, it is a different cover than the European PAL version, the black and white look makes it more precious :)

@Nazosan: Yes, the greatest problem would be that you cannot redownload without having the newest version which is unexploitable for now. Cartridges can be inserted in any system, you won't need a specific firmware version, so that the cartridge fits in the slot :D

17. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

I know. I was just saying that unless you could run the exploit from an internally installed game, the Cubic Ninja/Zelda OoT save exploits are actually worse than the browser exploit since you have to go through more stuff with the only exception I can think of being if you just don't have the browser due to never updating (but if we're talking about the old 3DS here -- old enough to have no browser, so old old 3DS and not even 2DS I think -- you really just need to get it going once and once only anyway to do the downgrade, then you can just use the DS profile exploit and not deal with the rest of this.)

I've been wondering all this time why people who weren't running 4.x didn't just go ahead and upgrade to 9.2 back when Gateway made their announcement and absolutely stated that they would not only be supporting 9.0-9.2 but would be supporting it first (with the implication that they wouldn't even be supporting < 9.0 for a while...) When I saw that I immediately updated to 9.2 and then deleted my wifi settings.

18. 43
    Tilde88

Tilde88 Loyal Member

Teeheehee... I was right again.

19. 254
    laramie14

laramie14 Loyal Member

Daycare Aide
    New problem... I can't install any CIA files onto my 9.5 emunand. Take a look if you'd please.
    IMG_20150317_164850.jpg

20. 39
    cfoordddd

cfoordddd Loyal Member

ahh i see thanks i'll try it, better than taking the decal sticker off over and over again just to get to the microsd card

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.