hit tracker

GATEWAY Ultra v3.2.1 BETA with even better New 3DS support

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by laramie14, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 254
    laramie14

laramie14 Loyal Member

Daycare Aide
    After only a couple of days the Gateway team is back with another quick update!

The Gateway developers just keep on amazing me and all their loyal customers with even better New Nintendo 3DS support with now even a quicker way to launch into the various modes on their flashcarts.

[​IMG]

Wow, that was fast, the Gateway team has been busy reading all your comments on how their last big v3.2 update was working out for everyone, and they are back with even more better ways to launch into the various different modes on their 3DS Flashcart when using it on the New 3DS handhelds, and even more amazing this update v3.2.1 comes with added support to their Blue DS flashcard.

As usual, here is an official mirror link for you to quickly grab the update so you can enjoy this new features asap:

Mirror Link #1 :--> http://scmods.com/gateway/GW3DS_ULTRA_3_2_1_BETA.zip

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    Xenogears V and deathscreton like this.
  2. 317
    hto60

hto60 Loyal Member

I don't see the point of adding that to the NDS file as it is definitely useless. But eh.
    I hope not too many noobs will press B and X and cry.

3. 83
    SonyUSA

SonyUSA MaxConsole Game Reviewer Staff Member MaxConsole News Team

This saves soooo much trouble for N3DS users so they don't have to remove the panel and prep yet another microSD card just to install the profile exploit.

blaydes99 likes this.
  4. 29
    bytor

bytor Loyal Member

Can I get some help please..? I think I've found DevMenu but the rar file I've downloaded contains a shedload of .cia files, cci files and csu files. But 6 of these files have the same name, DevMenu.cia. Which one do I need..? Or have I downloaded the wrong thing..?

I've also got BigBlueMenu as a .3ds file. Am I better off using that..? Or do I use BigBlueMenu to install one or all of these DevMenu.cia files..?

5. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

Rename DevMenu.csu to DevMenu.3ds and use that one.

bytor likes this.
  6. 35
    Vick

Vick Loyal Member

Is 3.2.1 update only for n3ds who owns OoT or CN?

7. 1,636
    Ronhero

Ronhero Loyal Member

I have been waiting for the option to dual boot for the longest time! Anyone check if it works on the o3ds? Also I wonder if when you boot cubic ninja as a rom on o3ds 4.x-9.2 can you run ninjahax.

8. 4
    babesp

babesp Loyal Member

why did you say that.
    Isnt that function for you to boot into sysnand and use Devmenu to run the mset_[region].cia?

9. 87
    Derfderk

Derfderk Loyal Member

Vagabond student and vendedor de muamba e Sky3DS.
    There is actually a pretty big point to adding that to the .nds in that OoT and CN cartridges aren't exactly easy nor cheap to obtain lately, in OoT case substituting the save is also a pain to do if you still have yet to acquire the means to.

By adding the exploit set to the .nds they ensure we need to boot into GW mode on sysnand only once via one of the legit carts (Sky3DS loses a little yet again), install their mset_region.cia and bluecardfix.cia (is this flashcardtimewarp.cia sorrily renamed or is it just me?), to then pretty much work with the N3DS just as if it were an O3DS on <4.5. Also,
    Yes, it does work on the O3DS. Surprisingly.

10. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

I thought that for a second but the checksums are different so it's definitely gateways own take on it. Didn't flashcardtimewarp just break the whitelist? Maybe this version of it can be reversed with a cia?

11. 1,636
    Ronhero

Ronhero Loyal Member

Now can we run ninjhhax on gw mode with no emunand as .3ds file? Be a neat way to boot into say NTR or Homebrew

12. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

Yeah it would be kind of nice to get NinjaHax up and running or loading the .3dsx Homebrew Files somehow without 2 Loader files to deal with

13. 3
    bastard016017

bastard016017 Loyal Member

my bluecard get "An error has occurred. press and hold.........." i did install the bluecardfix. running on usa n3dsxl 9.0. any ideas?

14. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Make sure you install the CIA to the sysNAND, not the emuNAND. It's worthless in the emuNAND.

As already mentioned, this removes the need for Cubic Ninja/Zelda OoT except the initial exploitation. With this new NDS exploit installer, the blacklist "update," and the settings app "update" it becomes possible for one person to setup another person's N3DS using a Cubic Ninja/Zelda OoT (or a Sky3DS/clone cart running them) and that other person then needs only the original Gateway and blue cart without either of those games. Thus instead of everyone using Gateway on the N3DS needing one of those carts, now it's possible for them to get someone to install the exploit and then never need either of those games/backup methods to use Gateway from then on. It's kind of like how back in the day with the PSP someone with a "Pandora battery" could install a CFW for other people and those other people wouldn't have to have a service battery themselves to use the CFW from then on.

I hope they release this for the 2DS (and O3DS by association) someday soon! Then we could go completely offline for exploitation without needing anything other than the stuff you get in the Gateway box.

15. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

It's a bit weird for them to support the blue card for the exploit when the blue card doesn't work on 9.x.

They should have, at least, released their own exploit or explained how to do so.

16. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

You install the "bluecard fix" CIA to the sysNAND. It's just the whole "flashcard time warp" thing essentially, updating the blocklist.

At least I presume so. I haven't had the time yet to do it (nor am I in a big rush since I use Supercard DSTWO and don't play 3DS stuff on my N3DS much yet. I have it more for in some future time when it is better supported than anything else.)

17. 488
    RiPPn

RiPPn Loyal Member

Blue card update is great if you have an r4i gold card, great work GateWay and keep up the great work.

18. 254
    laramie14

laramie14 Loyal Member

Daycare Aide
    Yeah just flash :flashcardtimewarp.cia to the system with no emunand, and then you can use the blue card. :)

19. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

Ah, they gave their own .cia file to unlock the Blue Card? Okay, didn't knew.

20. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

I just tested on both my N3DS and my 2DS. The "blue card fix" CIA file is, indeed, the "flash card timewarp." It will unblock the blue card and basically everything else that was blocked in the big firmware update (actually, if it's really the 1.0 blacklist as I think the original thread stated, it probably unblocks basically everything that ever worked on the 3DS...) The blue card now works on both my 2DS and my N3DS. The N3DS is 9.0 sysNAND and the 2DS is 9.2 sysNAND. I guess this gives me a backup if my Supercard DSTWO ever fails. The updated GW_LAUNCHER.NDS file does offer both an option for the "classic" 3DS and the N3DS and it works perfectly on my N3DS (which has been running NDS games lately, so had obviously broken the DS profile exploit along the way.) I didn't even pull out my Cubic Ninja at any point. (I did have to flash the NVRAM twice though. The first time it froze with two characters to go in the progress bar.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.