hit tracker

GATEWAY Ultra v3.2.1 BETA with even better New 3DS support

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by laramie14, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

where can I find 3dnus ?

edit: found it..
    Downloading now 9.5.0-23 USA , that one should work with the GW and the new 3DS right ?
    once I have all the files.. (seems like a bunch of CIA files, do I just install all of them. (order doesn't matter?)

or is only 9.0 supported for Emunand? Trying to find some info, but not seeing it over the 90+ pages I went through

for 3dsnus there is no 9.2 US version

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  2. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    9.5.0-23U is the latest version for emunand on N3DS, don't worry. Everything is fine.

Yes, just install all of the CIA files with BigBlueMenu. There is an "Import all CIA files" option in BBM, just use that one, so you don't have to worry about selecting each unique file to install it ;)

rubberduck likes this.
  3. 47
    genericuser

genericuser Loyal Member

Yes, that is an excellent feature.

4. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

Never realized that option in BBM. should have know that for my old 3DS when I was installing CIA files.
    gonna try everything at work today.. if it fails, the 3DS goes back to shopko lol.

5. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

trying to scan the QR code for cubic Ninja, but getting a Network error.. even though I have access to the internet.

IS that QRcode still working? or is there another way to get whatever it behind it ?

6. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    The QR code should still be working. Does your browser also work on your N3DS?

Maybe you should try to stay longer in the main menu of Cubic Ninja, sometimes starting a game reconnects to your WiFi and that takes a little bit.

Another question, although I'm pretty sure you do: Are you using the right region QR code? And also the latest version of Gateway including the latest QR code (the QR code in the same package as your Launcher.dat)?

The last thing you could try is to hold L+R+X+Y in the Cubic Ninja main menu to delete your save file (it has to be clean before you start). If it doesn't show anything while holding those buttons in the main menu, you don't have a save on the cartridge.

7. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

I was using the QR code that's in the PDF file (3.1.pdf guide)
    I can try to wait a little.. cause it seems after I get the red net work error, the whole game is frozen and need to shut off the 3DS.

8. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Please try to use the QR code that's inside the Gateway package (the Gateway Ultra 3.2.1 zip file).

9. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

guess the browser doesn't work either after all...
    I test the connection and that part is fine.
    I can't find an option to turn Wifi on/off.. seems like it's always on?

edit: Wifi is on... it's now a home menu option..
    gonna try something else here

10. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

OK.. the new 3DS, needed 2 connections now ...
    so got it scanned, and saw a quick menu, and then it went black..

it's sitting here for the last 10 minutes, and nothing happens..
    is it downloading something big? since I can't see anything

Edit: rebooted the 3DS.. went back in the game, but when I go into Scan QR code, the camera flashes, and then I get a black screen..
    am I screwed now?
    I tried erasing savegames (pressed the buttons, but didn't see any difference)

11. 87
    Derfderk

Derfderk Loyal Member

Vagabond student and vendedor de muamba e Sky3DS.
    No, the GW Mode has a boot success rate less than 100% (or so I've noticed), so it will fail some rare times and hang on a black, blank screen.

This is of course assuming you are not trying to boot an Emunand on a FW higher than 9.5, it just won't boot right now.

12. 62
    medi01

medi01 Loyal Member

Guys, is there a list of 9.2< serials for N3DS (non XL)?

13. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

Nah... I don't have GW activated yet..
    I can't get into the Scan QR-code for cubic ninja..
    it flashes and then I get a black screen.

14. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    medi01 likes this.
  15. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

Not sure what is happening.
    But I reformatted the SD card and start Cubic Ninja again
    did go into the QR-code screen,but instead of the camera, I got the GW setup..
    making a backup of the NAND now.
    then after that I'll replace the card with the new micro SD and start making the card ready.. see if that works as well.
    Weird things happening...
    Even have no clue if it's going the right way

16. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

OK, I am stuck.

This is what I did.

1. (Think I installed the QR Code) since when I hit QR Code it goes into GWscreen
    2. Installed VMRam (USA)
    3a. then It wants me to go into GW mode, so I can install the devmenu.3ds but I end up in a blank screen
    3b. tried booting into Sysnand mode by pressing the X and GW, but that brings me back to the main screen.

The Firmware is still 9.0 USA, and no internet connections..

for some reason, I can't get to this part.

6) Once installed, boot into Gateway mode and launch DevMenu.3ds from the multirom menu (press SELECT)

Any suggestions ?

17. 14
    r3nk0

r3nk0 Loyal Member

Did you try pressing select (to bring up Gateways multi-rom menu) when you tried booting into sysNAND by pressing X and supposedly got brought back to the main screen?
    Because GWmode in sysNAND looks exactly like your normal home screen. Only with a multi-rom menu on select.

Remember to ONLY install the mset and bluecardfix.cia in sysNAND, everything else goes to emuNAND.

18. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

got into the GW menu.
    Somehow my Emunand was from the old 3DS (9.6 or 9.7) that's why it got stuck
    I reformatted Emunand, and now I am able to startup.

Since I had to reformat, I redid the NVram thing, and now I need to copy that gwset ..... on my Micro card so I can fix the boot for the profile.

then I do the rest

7) Start DevMenu and import mset_<region>.cia from your SD card.
    8) Reboot console and verify you can now boot into Gateway mode with the classic System Settings DS Profile method. (Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS profile)
    9) Enjoy! No more cartridge swapping required to use Gateway 3DS on New 3DS! :)

Then bluecardfix? what is that for? Couldn't find anything in the Readme file.
    And booting up the Sysnand is holding the X on the GW menu I saw

edit: did 7 with the Devmenu, and installed the CIA file (Don't see anything in the menu)
    Rebooted the the old profile trick did not work for me.

19. 14
    r3nk0

r3nk0 Loyal Member

Again, you need to install the mset file and the bluecardfix in sysNAND, NOT emuNAND.
    The bluecardfix just patches out the whitelist, which disabled a lot of older flashcarts from FW update to FW update.
    It allows you to use the blue gw card on your N3DS.

20. 87
    Derfderk

Derfderk Loyal Member

Vagabond student and vendedor de muamba e Sky3DS.
    The MSET and bluecardfix cias need to be installed to the SYSnand, in Emunand one will just lock you out of the N3DS features in the System Settings and the other... nothing as DS cards aren't recognized when in GW mode.

The bluecardfix is essentially an "empty" DS Card Blacklist (ie banned flashcards, 4.4 killing spree, tears rolling down faces) and is there in case you want to use the GW Blue Card to, for example, run the GW_INSTALLER.NDS as a substitute to setting the NVRAM if the exploit is ever undone (playing a DS game, console format). Yes, it can play DS games, but, eh, it's obvious function is to run the GW_INSTALLER.NDS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.