hit tracker

GATEWAY Ultra v3.2.1 BETA with even better New 3DS support

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by laramie14, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 14
    r3nk0

r3nk0 Loyal Member

2. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

ooh Mset too... I installed that on the Emunand..

let me try that one in sysnand this time

3. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

yay.. cannot boot through the profile...

geezzz....
    now installing all my cia files again..

Can I still create CIA files with the N3ds?

When I want to update to 9.5 (I have all the CIA files)
    Doing that in Emunand, but getting an error halfway

import failed file: 000400300
    level status -7
    invalid argument

module nn_am(32)
    description already exists.
    When I cancel. then everything cancels...

Installed them all by hand, and turned out in a disaster... had to reformat my Emunand (hope it doesn't mess up the gift wrapping but) since I formatted Sysnand without the SD card in it before I redid the Emunand..

Anyways.. can't do anything else, since I left the charger at work, and have an empty 3DS at home lol.

guess I can find out, why I can't go to 9.5

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  4. 87
    Derfderk

Derfderk Loyal Member

Vagabond student and vendedor de muamba e Sky3DS.
    How are you setting the 3DNUS to download the files? Like this? Remember that it downloads the Old 3DS update by default and that you must tell it to download the N3DS one, otherwise you will have a bricked Emunand.

If all is right, what CIA applet are you using to import them? Big Blue Menu is the one I use and it skips up to date cias without stopping entirely.

5. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

the only difference from your screen is, that I typed USA instead of U

The U version = 138 files
    the USA version = 105 files

Which one is right ?

and I used Devmenu.3ds

Might install the Big Blue Menu one then

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
  6. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

ok, updated to 9.5 - 23 and now I have all the icons 2x on Emunand and keep opening up the gift box.
    is that because of all the skipping from some of the files?

Edit: ok it's working now.

I reformatted emunand again, and this time I installed the 9.5-23 (105 files version)
    the other one was 138 files and makes everythingdouble.

1 thing I did notice, is when it boots into the GW mode, a BRIGHT light is turning on for a second on the card itself.
    never knew there was a light.. Is that normal ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
  7. 13
    ajalcoba

ajalcoba Loyal Member

Hey, does anyone know if US N3DS are coming with firmware > 9.2?
    If so, do you know when they started shipping consoles with that firmware?

8. 87
    Derfderk

Derfderk Loyal Member

Vagabond student and vendedor de muamba e Sky3DS.
    Both your answers are here.

Don't lose hope, though, there have been not so uncommon reports of people still being able to buy these rare mofos as late as this week, albeit they pretty much don't exist in bigger game shops anymore proving to be needed to be hunt.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    ajalcoba likes this.
  9. 62
    medi01

medi01 Loyal Member

10. 641
    urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

That's because you MUST use a 3 letter region code. Simply putting "U" there downloads all USA and all EUR files.

rubberduck likes this.
  11. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

Dunno if it's only me but I noticed my emunand 9.5.0.23 often get stuck when I shutdown my N3DS (have to hold the power button to properly shutdown it).

It's not really a problem at all (and so, don't really need a fix) but just wanted to report the problem to see if I was the only one.

12. 163
    Guykild

Guykild Loyal Member

Studying Cisco
    Home Page:
    http://pokemonseller.synthasite.com/
    After you boot into Gateway mode emunand or sysnand also in classic mode it takes about 10 secs to shutdown, press the power button then touch the screen to confirm shutdown and after that give it about 10 seconds, waiting is a virtue ROFL

13. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

Nope, it change nothing. When this situation occurs, even if I wait like 30 seconds, it change nothing but it seems it never happen on my Brother New3DS which is on emunand 9.0 so maybe a rare bug that occur on 9.5 emunand.

14. 22
    Just3DS

Just3DS Loyal Member

Make a backup of emuNAND first using emuNAND Tool, and then do system format emuNAND (from emuNAND's system settings), to see if it helps. If not you can always write your emuNAND back that you backed up.

15. 1
    ScOULaris

ScOULaris Loyal Member

I'm receiving a New 3DS XL (US) from a secondhand seller today. It has already been set up with the Gateway exploit and the DS Profile shortcut. I believe he has left all of his ROMs/saves/etc. on the microSD as well.

I'd like to start fresh, so I was thinking about Formatting the Emunand first thing. If I do so, will I have to re-do the trick to make the DS Profile button take me right to Gateway mode? If that's the case, I'd rather just leave it configured as is.

Is there any way to wipe the Emunand of all the previous user's information (Mii's, settings, Wi-fi connections... etc.) without doing a Format Emunand?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these questions. I'm new to this stuff.

16. 62
    medi01

medi01 Loyal Member

Guys, can anyone confirm 64GB Samsung Class 10 SDXC would work with gateway? (SDHC is 32GB max)

Samsung EVO MicroSDHC 32GB UHS-I (whatever that UHS-I means)

17. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    Yes, every microSD size will work with Gateway (at least up to 128GB; hadn't yet the possibility to test the new 200GB Sandisk cards which should be released on 31st May).

UHS-I by the way is a new bus type for UHS class microSD cards (whereas UHS Class 1 is 10MB/s (exactly like Class 10 mSDs) and UHS Class 3 is a minimum of 30MB/s (write speeds)).

medi01 likes this.
  18. 5
    sangleweb

sangleweb Loyal Member

ok, probably a dumb question but how do you get to sysnand? I tried to boot the gateway with a new microsd card but just blank screen. I have N3DS. also I acidently ran the CIA in the enumand, any way to remove it so I can revert the settings? TIA.

19. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

It's not a big problem so I'm a bit lazy to reinstall everything, as all my games are cias and so I would need to backup all the saves (even just restoring a 30 GB SD Card iso would take a while).

It's may be just some launcher instability, wouldn't be a surprise, or maybe it's because I have a lot of games installed on it (like the savedatafiler black screen at boot, which take like 30 seconds to boot because I have like 200 VC Games installed), ~200 VC games and ~40 3DS cia games.

Maybe it would shutdown after waiting a minute or two but as I said, not a big problem, I can manually force it to shutdown now.
    But I might try another SD Card just to check.

(It might also come from the emunand installation, because as some other peoples, I used a trick to extend the emunand parttiion when the previous launcher wasn't supporting most big SD Cards).

But I could try with another Micro-SD card, to check if the problem is still here with another emunand, or not.

No, you won't have to redo the DS profile trick.

Just launch gateway menu (hold L) after launching the exploit and choose "format emunand" option. It'll format the SD Card and install a new emunand, but won't impact the installed exploit.

Even if you have a problem with the exploit one day (but you won't have any when you'll format emunand), you could easily reinstall it with the Blue Card. Only the first install require a game, then you can reinstall it with the Blue Card like the O3DS one.

One other thing you can do, if you didn't do it yet, is to make a backup of the nand (there is an option for that in the gateway launcher), and keep it safe (best is to do two backups, do one, move the file to your computer, do a second one and store it elsewhere). That's way, if you have a problem, or if you accidentally update the original firmware of your N3DS, you will be able to downgrade it with a harmod.

Does it broke something? If not, might just leave it installed on emunand? But if you really want to remove it, I think I saw some messages about it here or on gbatemp (should be this thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-fbi-open-source-cia-installer.386433/page-22). Basically, you just need to delete the good file id, but seems you can only do it with FBI).

To boot into sysnand, you don't need a blank sd card anymore with the last launcher, you can do it with your actual SD card with emunand on it. Here's the method quoted from the original Gateway website :

So, just hold "B" then load "Gateway mode" and confirm the sysnand boot with "X" and install the .cia there.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  20. 5
    sangleweb

sangleweb Loyal Member

the reason I want the new setting is to manage the microsd via wifi, the old setting doesn't seem to have this feature.
    Thanks for the reply concerning the sysnand, when I read that, I thought that option was after the installed of the new launcher. It's working now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.