hit tracker

GATEWAY Ultra v3.2.1 BETA with even better New 3DS support

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by laramie14, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5
    sangleweb

sangleweb Loyal Member

Just thought of something, my emunand is currently on 9.0, if I run a game having 9.2, I should be able to update it right? I think I saw a post about updating emunand sys via rom. do you think this would work?

2. 62
    medi01

medi01 Loyal Member

Got to "setting up emunand" and got a dumb question:

how big SD card do I need inside N3DS? Wouldn't standard (2Gb?) be enough?
    I also bought 64GB which I thought would be used via red GW card.

3. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    Since the emunand partition on the mSD for the N3DS already needs 2GB, a 2GB card is definitly too small (the default N3DS mSD by the way has 4GB, that's why you only see 2GB left after setting up emunand). I recommend at least 16GB for the internal mSD, as every game you want to install via CIA files also has to fit on there.

medi01 likes this.
  4. 14
    r3nk0

r3nk0 Loyal Member

Yes, please refer to the link in my post on page 21 - OP has the rom you need.

5. 14
    r3nk0

r3nk0 Loyal Member

Rather than going through the trouble of using FBI, you could install the CIA of WiFi MicroSD Manager, which is floating around.

6. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

Ah, you mean you installed the mset.cia on emunand, not the bluecardfix.cia (what I thought). If it can help, you can find a standalone version of the micro-sd card management as a .cia file. Once installed, it appear like another app in the home screen. There is a known bug which display an error when you quit it but it's working pretty fine.

If you want to reinstall the upgraded system settings, check ths thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/restoring-stock-n3ds-settings-after-mset.387871/#post-5475345

7. 2
    Koevoet

Koevoet Loyal Member

Hi there experts.

I recently bought a second hand N3DS XL from a friend. He unfortunately already updated the Firmware to 9.7.0-25E
    I bough myself the GW cards, before I bought the N3DS XL from my friend.

So my question is the following.

I would like to be able to play games via GW, but I am not sure if it is at all possible to load the gateway exploit on a N3DS XL that has
    already been updated to 9.7 and that has not had the GW exploit loaded before at all.

If it is in fact possible, How will I go about achieving this miraculous feet.

Thank you in advance for all the help.

Regards.
    Koevoet

8. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Unfortunately, that's not possible. There are only two possibilities, but one of them has a condition:

1. To use Gateway, you would need a NAND.bin backup file from exactly this one console when it was 9.2 or lower. Then you can use a hard mod to restore the old sysnand and use Gateway
    2. You can use Sky3DS (which of course lacks some features like emunand, CIA installation, and so on).

9. 2
    Koevoet

Koevoet Loyal Member

Thank you for the quick reply, I appreciate it :)

10. 14
    r3nk0

r3nk0 Loyal Member

Why are my posts being ignored and repeated..?

11. 123
    Trubo

Trubo Loyal Member

Finally have gotten around to putting Gateway onto my older 3DS and N3DS. Just wondering, but is it recommended to update the Gateway Red Cart before making a sysnand backup, or after? I'm looking at the v3.1 pdf from Gateway's site and for the life of me, I have no idea why you would want to upgrade the red cart before getting a sysnand backup and installing+updating emunand, since neither of these two steps requires the red cart.

12. 87
    Derfderk

Derfderk Loyal Member

Vagabond student and vendedor de muamba e Sky3DS.
    Updating the Red Card makes it "talk" better with the Launcher.dat that you put in your 3DS SD, being mostly an obligatory procedure once in while.

It is of no concern when backing up one of the nands or creating the emunand, but you will be forced to update it (if needed) when you come to boot into emunand, even if just to update, so, yeah, might as well do it while you're doing the other boring, time consuming parts of setting your Gateway up otherwise you might get angry because "I've already done everything asked and it still wants to update?! FUCK. THIS. SHIT."

13. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

Any news from Gateway for supporting the latest FW, so you can use the Estore again in Emunand..

14. 123
    Trubo

Trubo Loyal Member

Are you referring to the older 3DS models or N3DS? To my knowledge there is emunand support for 9.7 only for the older models, but they are working on getting emunand support for the N3DS.

15. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

Sorry, for the N3DS

16. 639
    urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

If you have Cubic Ninja, you can access the eshop with NTR 2.2 on sysnand, then dump your ticket.db and use funkyCIA to make -personal CIA files that you can then install on emunand. It can be confusing when you first learn how, but it's the best option at the moment...

17. 55
    alatnet

alatnet Loyal Member

Yea... i've been trying that myself and got stuck at "dump your ticket.db"...

18. 17
    ThaDoc

ThaDoc Loyal Member

First of all I would like to thank the Gateway team for the great support and features they released earlier this year!
    There are a few suggestions I would like to make for feature improvements.

1. It would be nice if the ROM selection menu would not only scroll to the right but also to the left when starting with the first ROM. In that case when pressing select to pop up the ROM selection menu and pressing left on the D-pad would select the latest ROM in the list, pressing left again selects the 2nd latest and so on. This prevents scrolling through the hole list to select the last added ROM and makes ROM selection more flexible.

2. If possible it would be nice to have a way to sort the ROMS in the selection menu to put the most played ROMS first in the selection menu.

19. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    The files are shown in the order they were copied to the mSD. Just reformat your mSD and drop the most played games on it first.

20. 62
    medi01

medi01 Loyal Member

Got things up and running, including Settings -> Profile ... thing for starting Gateway. (N3DS on 9.0... Haven't setup emunand as games I play don't need higher version of firmware anyway)

All is nice when it works, but Gateway hangs during startup quite often, like 1 out of 3 times.
    Is that "normal"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.