hit tracker

GATEWAY Ultra v3.2.1 BETA with even better New 3DS support

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by laramie14, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 24
    binerd

binerd Loyal Member

Same. I've tried reinstall with DevMenu and won't worked after all. Does exist a way to remove the flashcardtimewarp/bluecardfix from the N3DS to reinstall it?

2. 87
    Derfderk

Derfderk Loyal Member

Vagabond student and vendedor de muamba e Sky3DS.
    If you know the ID of the black/whitelist in the NAND (tip: it's 0004800F484E4841), you can use FBI to delete it.

There is a tutorial about how to do this on that 3ds site with iso in the name, namely in their tutorial section. I suggest following that tut for a more complete how-to.

3. 24
    binerd

binerd Loyal Member

Not working. I give up, maybe buy a supercard dstwo... Thanks for helping.

4. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

so I am finding different comments in several groups.

Don't you need Cubic Ninja or Zelda anymore for the NEW 3DS ??
    since they update the nds file for the blue card, so you can install straight from there.

Is that correct?

5. 62
    medi01

medi01 Loyal Member

Orded GW (hope all HW revisions are the same).
    Also Cubic Ninja (italians got it relatively cheap on ebay... DE price spiked these weeks).

Still wondering which 3DS to buy (also TN vs IPS issue).
    So, the question: does GW work with special edition versions? E.g. N3DS Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask?
    Are setup instructions the same?

6. 134
    Ashee

Ashee Loyal Member

The first time you setup GW and emuNAND you need CN or OoT. After that you can install NVRAM, MSET, etc to use the blue card.

GW works with all console while the sysnand firmware version is 9.0-9.2.
    I think the revision of GW only changed the slot for the mSD. After that, is the same since the beginning.

medi01 likes this.
  7. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

Well, I won't be playing NDS games..
    Thought they said that the patch was in the new nds file, that boots up to create the profile on the 3ds.
    (just like it did for the old 3ds)

That's why I am asking.

8. 908
    guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

The region ( E U J) of your console should match the region of Cubic Ninja. Your console will need to be sysnand version 9.2 or below.

medi01 likes this.
  9. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

..... if you go to the store now or a new 3DS XL, what Firmware would be on it?
    Kinda hard to ask Gamestop to boot up the new 3DS to see what firmware it is

10. 87
    Derfderk

Derfderk Loyal Member

Vagabond student and vendedor de muamba e Sky3DS.
    You can check the QW#### serial on the box or directly on the 3DS back plate (I think under a bar code in both) and cross-check it with this list.

However, if you're gonna buy one, do it ASAP, the Gateway compatible ones were already out of production since before the launch date so they are very few and far between now.

11. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

Thanks for the list..
    Guess I can forget about Game Stop.. lol...
    Shopko doesn't sell them that much, so that would be my best shot... That's where I found plenty of the old 3DS with 4.0 Firmware..

12. 4
    triplexpac

triplexpac Loyal Member

I'm on an Old 3DS, trying to update to 9.7 EmuNAND. It won't work though, every time I try the bar doesn't fill at all, then it says there is an error and it restarts my 3DS.

Is there another way I can update my EmuNAND? I want to go online with games, but I need to update them.

13. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

Use emuNAND Tool to backup your emuNAND and also backup everything else on the card, then try formatting emuNAND again and see if this fixes it. If not format the card with SD Formatter, full format with size adjustment on, and try again. If your still having problems I'd also try a different SD card.

You can also update emuNAND to 9.7 with 3DNUS but you're better off updating online if you can. You can also wait a day and see if the problem persists as it may be an issue with Nintendo's servers. You can also download the game updates as cia's and install them with BigBlueMenu etc instead of downloading them through the eShop.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  14. 123
    Trubo

Trubo Loyal Member

Found an old 3DS with 8.1 US official firmware for cheap, so going to use that to get my N3DS up and running. Just have a question regarding the internal SD/MicroSD card:

It's possible for both the 3DS and N3DS to use a larger than 32 GB SD/MicroSD card, right? I know I'll need a different program to format to FAT32 for larger cards, I just can't remember if after formatting it realizes there's more than 32 GB of space.

15. 4
    anorexicseal

anorexicseal Loyal Member

I have a quick question, but if my 3ds is on firmware 9.2 and I tried the new method using the profile exploit. For me it did not work every time I click on it, it tells me that there was an error and to shut down. I have the NES 3ds XL. I have been trying to do this but unfortunately it has not let me. Can someone guide me towards the right direction? Thanks

Edit: Sorry I had followed the steps for the ds profile exploit on this page

http://maxconsole.com/maxconsole_files/v3.2.1-New3DS.pdf

16. 134
    Ashee

Ashee Loyal Member

The "new method"(mset, nvram, etc) is for N3DS. O3DS( firmware >4.x) needs the browser exploit. For now there is no other way.

17. 108
    ScarletKohaku

ScarletKohaku Loyal Member

Late response but to answer your question, yep, you're good. After formatting the card, it should recognise the full capacity of the card, though some brands have been known to be finicky so maybe look into it first.

Trubo likes this.
  18. 4
    anorexicseal

Please forgive my ignorance, but what would qualify a 3ds as a New 3ds instead of the old 3ds?

19. 55
    alatnet

alatnet Loyal Member

C-Stick on New 3DS.

20. 4
    anorexicseal

Ah ok that explains a lot. Then my 3ds would be consider a N3DS.I have one last question. Do I need either OoT or Cubic Ninja to make the new exploit work to have the ds profile exploit or can I just do it with the web browser exploit? The only reason I ask it is to know If I am doing it right or wrong, or perhaps it is just one of the situation where in my case it will not work. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.