hit tracker

Gateway Ultra v3.4.1 Released

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by lemanuel, Sep 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Gateway's team has just released a new update as they continue to improve their support!

In order to fix the issues in emunand support that arose with the new firmware 10.1 by Nintendo, Gateway releases this quick update that brings back all the functionalities that existed before.

[​IMG]

Please remember that this new update by Gateway only concerns the problems that happened in EMUNAND after updating it to the latest firmware (10.1). This way, the problem of broken region free functionality and multirom menu are overcome.

Of course this is only relevant for O3DS users which are the only ones that can use emunand with the latest firmware. N3DS users remain with a max limit of firmware 9.5 in emunand. So all you N3DS users, don't try to update.

It also seems that the cheat engine that Gateway is trying to implement is still not ready and it is facing difficulties. Hopefully they'll be able to finish it eventually. In the meantime, here are the mirrors from where you can get the new Gateway update.

Official Gateway 3DS Firmware Update Mirrors:

1. http://scmods.com/gateway/GW_ULTRA_3_4_1.zip
    2. http://maxconsole.com/maxconsole_files/gateway/GW_ULTRA_3_4_1.zip
    3. http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/r6CDDlTw/file.html
    MD5 Hash: Launcher.dat v3.4.1 = c825eed07af3404ae59552a40fa35b34

Remember always check to make sure the MD5 matches the above after copying the new update to your SD Card before launching the new Gateway version on your Nintendo 3DS. Doing this 1 minute check can save you alot of time and trouble. :)

Important reminder: If you're unsure if Gateway will work in your console, always check HERE first.

OFFICIAL SITE: Gateway 3DS

2. 201
    Faolan

Faolan Loyal Member

Gateway ultra 3.4.1 Released

GATEWAY ULTRA 3.4.1

Posted on September 16, 2015And we are back! Today we present Gateway ULTRA 3.4.1: another quick emunand update for Old 3DS!
    This release will bring back support for latest 10.1 emunand system firmware for Old 3DS.
    We hit an issue regarding converting existing cheat formats for our cheat engine, but we are working on an intermediate solution and we hope it will be ready soon!
    And as always ENJOY!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2015
  3. 2
    xXJMagiczzXx

xXJMagiczzXx Loyal Member

need help with new update 10.0.0-27E

i have updated my old 3ds to firmware 10.0.0-27E and when i go to go.gateway-3ds.com it doesn't go into gateway mode please help.

4. 201
    Faolan

Faolan Loyal Member

Gateway only works on console with firmware 9.2 and below. This update only brings support for 10.1 EmuNand. Only way to get you console to work with gateway now is with a hard mod and a firmware back up of less than 9.3.

5. 25,508
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Mirrors are uploading now. ETA - 13 minutes from now, see first post for links! :)

6. 14
    DaftMink

DaftMink Loyal Member

By updating your firmware you patched the exploit gateway needed to run.
    There is currently no way to downgrade.

If you want to continue using gateway you'll need to purchase a new in box 3ds with firmware 9.2 or lower.

7. 201
    Faolan

Faolan Loyal Member

P
    You can downgrade but you need a hard mod and a nand backup of 9.2 or below.

8. 3,760
    lemanuel

Exactly. Although to be exact, it's a restore process, not a downgrade process. The NAND is restored with the backup. ;)

9. 50
    raztaz

raztaz Loyal Member

And thats it for another month.

10. 357
    Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

And what is the problem with that?

11. 6
    jramna1

jramna1 Loyal Member

I am presently setting/installing everything with my new N3DS, was scratching my head as to why "Boot Gateway Mode" was freezing after I updated my EMUNAND.

Thanks for the heads up. THANKS to GW team for the updates, programming support.

Im currently on SYSNAND 9.0.0.20U. So I am unable to play some of the latest 3DS game ROM backups as it is now.

Does anyone have any idea when support would be added for N3DS users for EMUNAND 10.1 and any future updates???

Also is there a list of ROM backups that I would be unable to play because of the inability to update the EMUNAND past 9.0.0.2U?

Thanks again.

NB: Also is there any way I can update my EMUNAND to 9.5?

12. 3,760
    lemanuel

Yes, you can find the firmware files for 9.5 in CIA format in that "ISO" website for "3DS". After, you just need to use any CIA installer (BigBlueMenu, FBI, etc) to install them to emunand.
    Don't forget to make a backup of emunand using emunandtool, just as safe precaution.

As for emunand support above 9.5 for N3DS, that depends on the new encryption implemented by Nintendo during firmware 9.6 being broken. It's not just GW that has this issue but all CFW as well. So it might still take a while.

And as for game support, I believe every game works right now even if you use emunand on 9.5.
    If you need to access eShop, you can also use an app called FreeMultiPatcher which spoofs the firmware and it will allow you to enter eShop (and doing some other stuff) even if you don't have the latest firmware in emunand or sysnand.

jramna1 likes this.
  13. 53
    ronopotomus

ronopotomus Loyal Member

3.4.1! Fast and on point! Big thanks to the fine folks at Gateway for staying legit. I bought my cards prior to its release and have never
    regret my purchase even for a second. Thanks again!

GaryOPA likes this.
  14. 50
    raztaz

raztaz Loyal Member

Nothing negative said. 1 update a month seems to be the trend.

15. 2
    xXJMagiczzXx

xXJMagiczzXx Loyal Member

i have my NAND file when i was below 9.2, how can i hard mod? sorry im new to this and thank you for replying.

16. 3,760
    lemanuel

Depends on your model of console. You find some guides and layouts at GBATemp. You'll also need some soldering knowledge.
    If you need help, you should ask either gamesquest1 or hundshamer there at GBATemp. They have plenty of experience and can give you some tips. Or if you can't do it yourself and don't mind paying someone else to do it for you, you can also ask someone there to do it.

17. 4
    gwmew

gwmew Loyal Member

Does this version of gateway work with nintendo 2ds without errors when trying to load roms? I've heard people having problems and having to restart constantly.

18. 3,760
    lemanuel

You'll have to try. As far as I know, they never released anything stating any specific fixes for 2DS.
    And since I don't own one, I can't test it either.

19. 95
    dbzkamehameha

dbzkamehameha Loyal Member

i'm curious does the new 3ds have limit to what it can do compared to the old 3ds

20. 3,760
    lemanuel

In what way?
    The most obvious differences are the emunand support since O3DS can go up to the latest (10.1) and N3DS can only go up to 9.5
    Other than that, it's almost all the same, with the N3DS having the advantage power-wise which greatly benefits homebrew such as emulators.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.