hit tracker

GATEWAY ULTRA v3.5.1 PUBLIC BETA

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by lemanuel, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 176
    Shamier

Shamier Loyal Member

And how exactly do you do this?
    Can you explain what a NVer is... what the latest e-shop and mint are?

Look I really want to update parts of my 9.5 Emunand to gain e-shop access..
    But without some proper explanations of these terms and how to install them we're all gonna be stuck in here.

Please help us out people..

Edit: I already sorted it out MYSELF.

1) People download a Windows PC program called 3DNUS
    2) Download the latest software version in 3DNUS of the 3ds/n3ds, according to which device you're using.
    In 3DNUS fill in the following things: Title ID: 10.3.0.28 Version: EUR/USA/JAP.. according to which region your device is.
    Tick the box 'pack as cia'. It has to be selected.
    3) Search with google for a .cia file called FreeMultiPatcher.cia (version 0.5) and install it in Emunand with BigBlueMenu
    4) In the meanwhile.. the new software version is downloaded from 3DNUS with a lot of .cia files, we're only gonna use 3 .cia files from here. Copy the following 3 files to your big SD card inside the 3ds/n3ds and install them with BigBlueMenu.

Warning! These 3 files below are cia filenames for an EUR N3DS. If you have the USA or JAP region.. please check the Microsoft Excel file that is created in the same folder where your new firmware 10.3.0-28 is downloaded by 3DNUS. This Excel file shows exactly what the 3 cia files are for your region so you can easily pick them out!

0004001000022900.cia (latest 3ds eshop)
    000400DB20016102.cia (latest NVer, still don't know what it is or does)
    000400300000D602.cia (latest mint, something important for the eshop).

5) Open FreeMultiPatcher in Emunand, press start to start e-shop spoofing.
    6) Enjoy access to the e-shop again!

It only works in Gateway 3.4.1 for me..... the screen freezes black at the newer 3.5.1.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    MattKimura and turnerl like this.
  2. 5
    Sprite

Sprite Loyal Member

Hi,
    I'm a bit behind the updates. Currently have a N3ds with Gateway 3.1.1.
    My sd card has Launcher.dat, and NAND.bin, along with a Nintento 3DS folder and some save files.
    What do I need to do to update to Gateway 3.5.1? Thank you in advance :)

3. 55
    alatnet

alatnet Loyal Member

or, and this is a big or, you can just download the eshop, nver, and mint without downloading and wasting time downloading the ENTIRE firmware updates.
    It's easy to find the titles and versions via 3dbrew: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list

Yea... cant find that version at all...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  4. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Just download the latest launcher (3.5.1) and replace the old one.

5. 641
    urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

On an N3ds, it's probably better to use browserhax + HANS for your eshop needs. In this case, you only need the latest Nver installed. Not sure how it works out in Gateway mode, but you can launch rxtools instead of Gateway when you need to use the eshop...

6. 5
    Sprite

Sprite Loyal Member

Thank you. All the other files in the zip had me thinking i needed them for it to function properly.

7. 176
    Shamier

Shamier Loyal Member

The ENTIRE firmware is JUST 151 mb. In present times this is not a huge amount.
    I tried to download only those 3 files but failed to enter them correctly in 3DNUS.

People around here are 0% helpful and lazy.
    I at least explain to the people who are stuck on 9.5 emunand for a long time how to gain e-shop access.

I know that at least 1 other person is gaining e-shop access from the explanation I gave.
    An official support forum is all about explaining and helping people.

Some users just don't want to understand that.

MattKimura likes this.
  8. 7
    alexw

alexw Loyal Member

But I have a problem with animal crossing new leaf on 3.5.1 that I haven't on 3.4.1 (see my post for details).

I lost the save on the rom then ? :(

9. 26
    The_Hoff

The_Hoff Loyal Member

If im right, saves do not save to the rom, game saves will be on your SD card.

I am so chuffed, Gateway team rock, done me a MASSIVE favor.

Looking forward to been part of their cheat code team :D

10. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    That's not entirely true. There are Card 2 games (you can sort for card type here: http://3dsdb.com, Card 2 games are really rare, so you don't have to go through many games). Card 2 games save their game onto the rom and Animal Crossing: New Leaf is one of those rare cases, unfortunately.

11. 641
    urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-and-fast-2-1-fix.376941/page-19#post-5450562

For eshop on N3DS, the easiest way is to update ONLY NVER, and use the latest HANS. With this method, downloads do not fail. Also with ONLY NVER updated + freemultipatcher, you can access the in-game DLC shops. I just did last night and purchased some Super Smash Brothers DLC.

12. 111
    drake008@

[email protected] Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Is it save to update the emunand to the actual firmware (i don't know which one is actual now; there was a website which showed this)?

13. 3,760
    lemanuel

14. 8
    turnerl

turnerl Loyal Member

A BIG thank you Shamier I have been looking all week for an explanation and guide for N3DS EUR, you are a champ! thanks for taking the time to post you solution.

15. 48
    reiyu

reiyu Loyal Member

* Fixed loading issues for CIA based games, classic mode

what does this patch note mean? i just updated and i don't think i can run .cias on classic mode.

16. 3,760
    lemanuel

It means that both running CIAs and Classic Mode were fixed, since in version 3.5.0 there were those 2 issues.

17. 48
    reiyu

reiyu Loyal Member

oh, i misread that. i thought it said fixed running cias in classic mode. derp.

18. 3
    dawcreck

dawcreck Loyal Member

Can anyone help me i have an old Nintendo 3DS with firmware 6.2. i put the lastest launcher.dat file 3.5.1 on my internal sd card and
    use that site go.gateway-3ds.com i get into the gateway menu and put the gateway red car in with a blank mirco sd card. But when i
    press boot gateway the screen goes black for a moment and i'm back a the home screen of the normal version.

19. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    You aren't back in the "normal home screen", you have booted into Gateway mode on sysnand (and it's now time by the way to format emunand, that's one of the most important features of Gateway anyway). Just press Select when you successfully booted into Gateway mode and the multi-rom menu shows up where you can choose the game you want to play. You would have to put some games on the mSD in the Gateway red card of course.

20. 3
    dawcreck

dawcreck Loyal Member

i thought you had to update the red card first before doing anything else. So i have format the emunand and than i play rom's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.