hit tracker

GATEWAY ULTRA v3.5.1 PUBLIC BETA

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by lemanuel, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 62
    medi01

medi01 Loyal Member

I don't have any emunand yet (well, just formatted "it" via g3ds). Would cia update approach still work?

PS
    Windows blocked emunand tool 1.0.3 reporting malware... ^^ (filetrip link from the original thread on gba site)

2. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

If you've formatted emunand and have gw3d in front of your fw version in system settings then you do have emunand. Just be aware that exiting system settings will kick you back to sysnand. To easily tell the difference I add bogus data to the network connections in sysnand so only emunand will connect to my router. You can also change the theme or add a folder to one of them too.

You have to have emunand installed and be sure you're in it when using sysupdater or you could update sysnand instead. If you update sysnand to 9.5 you'll need a backup of your sysnand and a hardmod to restore it.

The checksum for emuNANDTool_1.0.3.exe is MD5: bcefc2812f36a5635a920800337aba6a & my copy of Windows 7 doesn't flag it, can't say the same for Windows 10 though...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
    medi01 likes this.
  3. 62
    medi01

medi01 Loyal Member

What should it state in case of sysnand? (instead of gw3d prefix)

4. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

Mine shows as Ver. 9.0.0-20E

medi01 likes this.
  5. 62
    medi01

medi01 Loyal Member

-------------------------

Figured it out ,never mind.

PS
    In case it helps someone:
    "Step 1: Disconnecting sysnand"
    1) From sysnand I've "formatted data", the goal was to disconnect emunand/sysnand settings.
    2) This has wiped out ds profile hack and all settings. (in GW mode settings were still there though)
    3) Got back into GW mode using Ninja card, using devtool started mset_eur.cia (well, my region) => ds profile hack was back, so I could start GW3D from settings. This step is described in "official" GW guide, mset files for all regions are also in the GW download file.
    I've changed background to RED to easily spot when I'm in sysnand.

"Step 2: updating emunand"
    1) Entered GW menu (keep L pressed)
    2) Started GW mode (default, emunand mode, NOT sysnand, you only need to go to sysnand to install ds profile hack) while pressing "up"
    3) Started "Mama... Bon Apetit", game complained about firmware (I was on 9.0) asked if I want to upgrade, I said yes. it Wen smoothly, after booting into GW3 settings I could see system was GW3D...9.2.

Repeated the same with "Paddington...London" game (3DS file, so started via GW) to get to 9.5.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  6. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

7. 62
    terids

terids Loyal Member

And I was hoping for n3ds support for christmas. I guess it never comes. :(

8. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    There is N3DS support... If you hope for emunand support beyond 9.5 which currently adds nothing you cannot get in other ways, we have to wait for a long time. There's still no possibility to get the keys for 9.6 and above on N3DS, but who knows how far some hackers already are with that.

9. 53
    ronopotomus

ronopotomus Loyal Member

3.6.0 Beta is out now!

10. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
  11. 25,605
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media: