hit tracker

GATEWAY ULTRA v3.7.1 PUBLIC BETA

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7
    nicememe

nicememe Loyal Member

I got a black screen after updating emunand to 10.4-EU. Sysnand and the homebrew launcher still work fine only the emunand is bricked. Is it a try again and again situation or does it not work at all? Also to start again im guessing i just format my 3ds micro sd?

okay i worked it out. The update must have been corrupted in some way because i did it again and it worked fine. Something which should be made more clear in the official guide is that you no longer need to use the format emunand option when using the HBL. All is welll now though running sysnand 9.0 and emunand 10.4 thanks gateway :^))

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
  2. 83
    SonyUSA

SonyUSA MaxConsole Game Reviewer Staff Member MaxConsole News Team

What? If you don't have emunand, of course you need to format your emunand, even with HBL :p HBL won't create one for you. Also, you probably had the 10.3 GW file and needed the -newest- one that has 10.4 support.

Edit: Oh! Also, gateway won't -always- boot. It's like 80% success rate. Sometimes it just crashes, statistically you can also run into times where it crashes multiple times in a row, giving you the illusion something is wrong.

3. 83
    SonyUSA

The problem is you not understanding the cheat engine, I think. The second line value it adds is a pointer telling it what type of value/how to locate your address. You need to save that.

Keep in mind if you don't have a 'cheats' folder on your Red mSD card it won't save and will give you errors like you are experiencing. Also, when you are locating address, you can directly open the Hex view and modify the value by hand from there to test it. Keep in mind, your search hit list will NOT update the address CURRENT value if you change it then go back to the list.

4. 7
    nicememe

nicememe Loyal Member

Both times i installed HBL and launched the gateway menu i could go straight into emunand and it worked fine! When i format the emunand it deleted the HBL and there's no way to access the gateway menu!

Now it keeps going to sysnand when trying to load gateway mode. Do i need to use a separate sd card to install emunand to? Or do i format emunand then redo the hbl installation?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
  5. 2
    bsaksida

bsaksida Loyal Member

Found a bug in firmware with cheats.

i am creating cheats for Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl

[No Random Encounter]
    180A2DEE 00000000

[Press Select 0% Encounter]
    DD000000 00000004
    180A2DEE 00000000

[Press Start 100% Encounter]
    DD000000 00000008
    180A2DEE 0000426C

Since code with 0% encounterand no random encounter are same, expect one have a button trigger. As the name suggest those 2 are not compatible. But if i enable only option with 0% encounter, system will also enable No random encounter options.

There are also a few shortcoming for current cheat functions. One thing i like is to be able to enter more than 3 letters when saving cheat codes. Prefaribly with a onboard keyboard in a grid for easier use. Second thing is a jump to adress in Hex Editor.

PS: Found even bigger bug. As with previous example. If i have enabled both Press select\start version of encounter. To trigger second option i have to press select and start at the same time. If i have select version disabled, start works as it should. It seems that gateway puts all enabled cheats into one list and if some cheats have a button control, and if the requirement is not met, it will stop executing enabled cheats that come after this

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
  6. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    Have you tried putting the terminator code "D0000000 00000000" after your memory writes? and before a new block starts?

7. 2
    bsaksida

bsaksida Loyal Member

What termination code?
    Termination is intended for loop codes.

DD000000 XXXXXXXX – if KEYPAD has value XXXXXXXX execute next block

in the info i can not find that needs termination code

Edit: It seems that it fixed my problems with a code execution

8. 83
    SonyUSA

3 is enough to give you an idea, then you can add longer text string later when you edit the .txt

Nobody has figured out how to call the in-system keyboard yet, they can't find the function/input method.

9. 83
    SonyUSA

Format emunand then redo the install of HBL

nicememe likes this.
  10. 3
    Vojtaverm

Vojtaverm Loyal Member

I tried to install 3.7.1, got to the QR part, but it always just tells me that the internet browser can´t be used. I tried it on two WiFis, both of which work.

I´m running on 10.3.0-28E O3DS

11. 11
    Monoarticuler

Monoarticuler Loyal Member

Yeah i've already do that and it still the same :(.

12. 4
    Xanatos

Xanatos Loyal Member

I'm having trouble getting this version to work, according to the new instructions.

I have an Old 3DS XL, and it's on firmware 8.1.0-19U.

Up to this point, I've used gateway 3.6.2 BETA, used the blue card fix through DevMenu, and that's about it. I didn't even get (or try to) emuNAND going.

So anyway, I'm trying to update to 3.7.1. If I follow the new instructions, I'm supposed to download the HBL starter pack. This is where I'm having trouble.

On Step 6 in the guide it says that after visiting the URL/QR code, HBL will load up. This isn't working for me.

The guide doesn't tell you anything except that it'll automatically load. After some googling it looks like I have to use "sliderhax".

Sliderhax comes up, and if I hit the right side of the slider, I get a yellow screen. The yellow screen then changes to grey and after that absolutely nothing happens. I've tried a bunch of times. Some people said to hit A a bunch, some said tap the touchscreen a bunch.... I don't think those are accomplishing anything unless there's a trick to it.

Any ideas?

The only step in the instructions I didn't do is to disable themes, because I don't appear to even have themes. The top left corner of my home menu is just a brightness icon.

I've seen conflicting information that themes started in 8.1, or they started in 9.0.

The Gateway guide says anything between 8.x and 9.2 work, but I've also seen people say that browserhax only works on 9.0-9.2 (which is what I assume we're using with the sliderhax/browser stuff... the only exploit I've used before is the old instructions to go to the gateway site through the browser... and this still works, but I don't know how to make it go to the HBL stuff that way).

Edit: I found this: "Hanging at an gray-bottom-screen means *hax payload loading failed, normally this is due to network issues(you should reboot your system when this happens)."

But I have rebooted like a million times. Seems like the payload just isn't loading. Why?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
  13. 216
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Ninjhax 2.5 (which is what both BrowserHax and MenuHax use) will only work on 9.0 or higher. Furthermore, MenuHax requires themes in order to function. Again, something that wasn't introduced until 9.0.

So, you'll have to use the old spider exploit for now, but we really need to get you off of 8.1 and on 9.2, so you can use MenuHax. Let's see, do I think I can talk you through an update to 9.2 off the top of my head using BBM/DevMenu, SysUpdater, the 9.2 update files, GW Launcher, rxTools, and spider exploits, without skipping any steps, or making any incorrect assumptions that could cause the process to fail? Fortunately for both of us, that won't be necessary, because there's already a detailed guide here. Hope that helps.

Oh and, Google "CTRBootManager" once you've updated and installed MenuHax. You can use it to put GW on autoboot if you'd like (with a 3 second delay in case you want to load HBL, another CFW, Decrypt9, etc.). It's a boot manager with 11 options (kind of crazy if you think about it -- I thought my PC was doing good with 3).

14. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Well, you are partly right. Browserhax can be also used to launch Ninjhax 1 which still works for older systems: http://smealum.net/ninjhax/

Should be working fine with browserhax :)

But you are totally right, he should get to 9.0 or 9.2

15. 4
    Xanatos

Xanatos Loyal Member

Thanks for the reply! Ok, so yeah, it looks like updating to 9.2 would be a good idea. You can't update via a ROM? I've never done it so I have no idea, but I thought certain games would update you to certain versions. I'll follow the guide, I'm just curious though.

The instructions ask me to download the 9.2 pack, and I've found where to get that, but there's two options. One is a modified 9.2 (9.2 modified update packs (without DS-whitelist update, TWL-firm update, MSET update, AGB-firm update) ) and then there's also "full" 9.2.

Which one do I use?

Will CTRBootManager eliminate the need for using the gateway site to get into gateway mode? That'd be nice. That's what I'm hoping installing all this stuff will accomplish.

16. 53
    ronopotomus

ronopotomus Loyal Member

Question withdrawn. I didn't see a posting on this forum outside of this thread concerning new firmware. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
  17. 83
    SonyUSA

Just get the Full 9.2 (non-modified)

Menuhax will make it so as soon as your 3DS turns on it starts up Homebrew Launcher! You only need CTRBootManager if you want to go a step further and make it boot directly into Gateway Mode and skip HBL

18. 4
    Xanatos

Xanatos Loyal Member

Thanks for that link, it helped a lot. I'm on 9.2 now, and everything seems to work fine now.

Still need to finish emuNAND, and then I'll check out CTRBootManager.

Ok, possible stupid question, but after formatting emuNAND, it erased everything on my SD card (which it said it would do, so I made a backup copy), and now all my browserhax Homebrew Menu stuff doesn't work. Do I just need to copy all those files back onto my SD card? Do I have to set it all up again?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
  19. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Could/Should be enough to just put everything back onto your SD card, but if it doesn't, you would have to set it up again. Just try and tell us, more information about topics like that is always welcome :)

20. 20
    anoss78

anoss78 Loyal Member

Dear all
    sorry there are too much writing up-there
    i just want to know
    i have 3ds XL old one with framwere 4.5
    my last update to emunand was GW9.2
    i download the new luncher GATEWAY ULTRA v3.7.1 PUBLIC BETA

can i update my 3ds to 10.4 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.