hit tracker

GeoHot is back and out to Root Android in one click

Discussion in 'Mobile Jailbreak Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jun 15, 2014.

By GaryOPA on Jun 15, 2014 at 5:24 PM
  1. 25,462
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    I'm throwing a party and you should come **GS5 ROOT THREAD**

TowelRoot V1 has been recently released by world famous hacker-exploiter GeoHot, this version makes it easy to Root your Samsung Galaxy 5 Android phone in one click to make it rain!

[​IMG]

It been a while since we last heard from Mr. Hotz and this time he dropped by the XDA forums to release a simple Root for latest high-end smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy 5.

Funny thing is reports say it is also working on Amazon Fire TV devices, so what will be next Amazon sueing GeoHot like Sony did?

NEWS SOURCE: Show Thread #2783157 (via) XDA-Developers

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014

Comments

Discussion in 'Mobile Jailbreak Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jun 15, 2014.

1. 49
      wiggim

wiggim Loyal Member

Was shocked that the S5/Note 3 could be unlocked with z3x kit hardware, but not rooted yet. Awesome work!

2. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

But above all with knox 0x0.

3. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

For those who don't know but with compatible kitkat devices, this may be useful to you since stock no longer allows full SD card write access to non-system/google apps like before.

I actually returned an S5 because of this change and other hassles e.g. knox, warranty, etc (starting to feel like an iphone....but not for the right reasons).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
    4. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

Yeah and downgrading to 4.2 can cause a LOT of issues. If it's even possible on a phone?

I just know that on my Android thing I own that some one leaked a 4.4 firmware and its beta so it had problems. So people downgraded, possible and fixable but it causes some problems if not done in a specific way.

Plus that whole SD thing like you said is a pain :(

5. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

I was able to downgrade my Siii after a screwed up update but it really depends on the device (I just had to reflash it with odin and delete the app data partition).

I've read that knox can be a problem though so I might be lucky in some ways having an older device (introduced on the Siv or note 3 IIRC).

I know someone with an Siv who got caught out by the change in kitkat and it was only after I told him that he realised how the new system works.

JonathanD likes this.
    6. 13,435
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
      http://www.maxconsole.com
      i'm one of the unfortunates that bought an s5. what a pos. i honestly know nothing about rooting, knox etc but i do know that its battery life is measured in nanoseconds if you turn wifi on, made even worse by the fact that if wifi is on and in use it thinks 36% is empty and shuts down.