hit tracker

GeoHot's PS3 exploit confirmed working on firmware 3.10

Discussion in 'PS3 Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by Zeus, Jan 27, 2010.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    GeoHot has just added to his blog post that he has confirmation that his exploit works on PS3 firmware 3.10! He added that there seems to be compile issues on Fedora but he did things in Ubuntu.

News Source: <A href="http://geohotps3.blogspot.com/" target="_Blank">GeoHotPS3</a>

2. 70
    steveone6

steveone6 Loyal Member

everyones on 3.15 now

3. 1,113
    beterweter

beterweter Loyal Member

well,i'm glad i'm not everyone...:p

4. 372
    p1nky

p1nky Loyal Member

I'm on 3.10 and my phat PS3 just lots it's internet connection forever...

5. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I had to turn mine on just to check what version I am running.

3.00, I hardly update things not PC....

6. 0
    Nick255

Nick255 Guest

Has anyone gotten Linux running with full RSX access yet, or do they still need to write a video driver for it?

7. 4,415
    JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I can tell your not a Linux person.

Nvidia or ATI drivers (in this case Nvidia) are really not open source they use binary blobs. There are open source drivers but they are a "Work In Progress" at best. For some people they work just fine but for others they suck.

Now that the minor Linux lesson is over I can glaze over the PS3 end of it.

The PS3's graphics card is somewhat custom so writing a working driver will take a while (probably months) I am not sure how much of the open source driver can be used on the PS3's Linux, if any at all. X86 being completely different then coding for the Cell. (I am sure some of the code can be recycled I just am not sure how much as I am not a Linux Guru myself)

I hope this post will help some :)

8. 424
    bennyb

bennyb Loyal Member

bennyb

get comadore4eva on the case he have us all playing back ups in a week

9. 276
    GTluver

GTluver Loyal Member

Lmao

u think if he thought 2b capable of hacking da ps3, wont he have done it by now?

10. 501
    Nicotine

Nicotine Loyal Member

come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn xbmc for ps3! :D

x264, bluray drive, snes and more on one machine?....

makes me wanna buy a 2nd ps3 :D

11. 105
    Ps3eolo

Ps3eolo Loyal Member

So what bout 3.15 damn m on that...

12. 415
    doxology

doxology Loyal Member

i could be wrong but i thought i once read somewhere that the PS3 rsx was more or less a 7800gtx or something like that. i also seem to recall that it wasn't specialized very much for the PS3 because sony thought the cell could pull off the graphics on its own but couldn't get it working right so they had to go to nvidia last minute so the gpu wasn't very specialized very much.

i know there is some debate over this though if i remember the fanboys fighting over specs of the PS3 and 360 and arguing which is best. on a different note i wonder what the PS3 could have done with a gpu with more memory. the PS3 was build right when gpu's where starting to see a memory bump. i have a graphics card from a couple of years ago and it seems the 256mb of memory really hurts it. you can't even seem to buy a gpu with under 512mb of memory and it seems 1gb of memory is becoming the standard.

13. 105
    Ps3eolo

Ps3eolo Loyal Member

Well it seems u miss that ps3 has games like the 2 motorstorms which graphically nothing came close on the x360 and the first motorstorm was a day one launch x360 with all these years still couldnt pull such a heavy game(god it even kinda exploded with the first mcrae dirt game....
    Same for uncharted i have both the console and ps3 is clearly superior. Halo 3 is another example of that... If the x360 was so powerful why they didnt pulled something graphically as killzone ????

14. 2,415
    crypysmoker

crypysmoker Loyal Member

Bothering people
    A hole in a box somewhere over the rainbow
    wow... that was possibly one of the dumbest thing I have seen typed here in a while.

Seems the REAL homebrew scene died with the Xbox 1. Now all anyone is worried about is free games.

The homebrew games that were coming out were competeing in number with Xbox games.

Granted, picky people only worried about graphics wouldnt care..
    But DeadBabies Extreme is one of the most fun addictive games you will ever play.

Homebrew games and emulation are what the scene is mainly about. being able to get all your old console games on one system...

I have an xbox 1 with 400gb HDD hooked to all 3 tvs in the house, routed to my 8 HDD server. its the best movie player ive ever had.

And half of you dont even realize most of these devs leave the scene publicly because everyone is always worried about free games and gimme gimme I deserve nothing for begging like a child crap.

15. 49
    THE SNOWMAN

THE SNOWMAN Loyal Member

Sorry bud but for saying something that immature and stupid you have been awarded the accolade of being a HUGE penis. Yay!!!!

16. 315
    sens8

sens8 Loyal Member

On 3.11 Waiting for confirmation.

17. 1
    kronos656

kronos656 Loyal Member

Best post I ever read

18. 300
    technolust

technolust Loyal Member

thats excatly what we dont want to come from the exploit geohot's small exploit.

19. 300
    technolust

technolust Loyal Member

couldent have said it better. just look at the state of things today the wii is all about piracy and nothing more same thing for the xbox360 but of course its just "backups of whats owned" lolz, but now it has true homebrew we might start to see some intresting stuff. but i dont think it will be on the same level as it was with the 1st xbox.

20. 5
    loshyt

loshyt Loyal Member

Talk for your self...