hit tracker

Gitbrew's "two new exploits are in the wild"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic & General Discussion' started by xPreatorianx, Aug 29, 2011.

1. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    WHAT THE FUCK?!

GitBrew are burying a hole in the ground with their attitude!

Fuck that shit!

If Squarepusher2 and his honest associates make the next move for the scene then I am in, otherwise I am going to follow Sabin by saying:

(As Peter Jones from the Dragons' Den UK) I'M OUT!

2. 780
    xPreatorianx

xPreatorianx Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://deviant-generation.com/
    Well because they were leaked. They weren't released intentionally. Likewise they are more along the lines of POC's and are completely unfinished. Which is why they aren't talked about. 1) Because they were leaked and 2) They aren't finished.

Well sabin may not have proof but I do. They do know about CEX - DEX and they do have the tools to do it. I know that for a fact. As for CEX - DEX I know why everyone lies about it. It's because it's the best way to get sued by Sony. (Just trust me on this one.)
    EDIT: Likewise I apologize for the things I have said about gitbrew. But with math starting yet another fire this morning, and then seeing those tweets my blood was boiling. But I got clarification and I retract my statements. :)

@Pocket - no one is making anything up about adrian. The logs are proof of that. I don't know why you are trying to defend him. But heh.

3. 58
    NuclearAqua

NuclearAqua Loyal Member

Why watch Mexican telenovelas when you have the PS3 scene?

4. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    That's why EVERYBODY in this scene is very weary of what's happening here! There's too much iffy things happening which is starting to make me think 'WHAT THE HECK?'

I would just wait to see if anything will materialize until September ends (hopefully that is the case), but if nothing happens, somebody will make sure that these 'godfathers' and 'overlords' (I'm referring to the imbeciles in the scene that have insulted us), or in Dangwoot's case, 'fucktards and complete wastes of sperm' will be eating dogshit in a dog bowl and licking pig's piss from a puny tray until they die!

These asshats should be treated like retarded pigs!

5. 0
    JLM

JLM Guest

Sandungas has posted this here on ps3crunch:

6. 0
    samdrlvt

samdrlvt Guest

Well, exploit A (the easy patchble one) is released...

7. 780
    xPreatorianx

Home Page:
    Linkage? If it's released I don't see any news about it.

8. 0
    samdrlvt

samdrlvt Guest

http://twitter.com/#!/gitbrew

gitbrewgitbrew

Exploit A. The university linked to Life with playstation. Update your ssl certs with comodo. Same with you sony. also 3.55 keys still?

9. 58
    NuclearAqua

NuclearAqua Loyal Member

That thread is about HDD encryption. It has nothing to do with firmware keys.

10. 0
    JLM

JLM Guest

I thought there was a wider discussion about gitbrew and what they are or are not releasing and their reasons. This is just an example of their reasoning.

If you had the 3.70 keys now and you knew Sony was releasing 10 (fictional number) new games for Christmas season, but the game discs had not been pressed yet (plenty time to require 3.80 firmware for games), when would you release the keys?

11. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    ...but then we would say "when IS the right time then? Sony are going to constantly bring out new firmware and the developers are going to produce the games that are compatible with that firmware version so it is going to be a time-waster by waiting for the 'right' time as they would be too quick for us to keep up if we keep waiting. After all, there IS NO SUCH THING AS 'THE RIGHT TIME' BECAUSE SONY ARE GOING TO KEEP UPDATING WHEREAS WE WILL BE STUCK IN A RUT!"

if GitBrew are going to constantly do this, then they REALLY ARE a bunch of GITS, as the group name suggests.

12. 0
    JLM

JLM Guest

Thanks, that's what I was wondering: is there ever a "right time?" Would people be pissed if they released the keys right before the xmas season game discs were to be pressed.

I just got my console 9 months ago and have a long way to catch up, so for my own part, not so worried about what is going to be released. I guess it is only a matter of time before sony goes to online activation for single player games and then to must always be connected to play single player. Which is why I ditched the pc game bs.

13. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    I got my console around the same time as you did and I also ditched the PC because of how badly treated us gamers are with shabbily developed and published games (but I am slowly getting back into it because of the bastards in the PS3 Scene).

Also, if Sony does this, then EVERYONE will be really pissed off with Sony and no one will buy a PlayStation gaming system after that.

Finally, I also think that us gamers will be annoyed if Sony releases a new set of keys around Christmas time and the hack has arrived as it will nullify the hackers' efforts, but on second thoughts, it will help them later on with releasing the next hack.

14. 87
    brainscanzz

brainscanzz Loyal Member

The problems are:
    1. they arent seeking for the key's
    2. they dont own ps3 for game, they only care about linux ( as they sayd on tweeter they use xbox for play games), and that's why they seeking for rootkey of 3.56+
    3. if they still didnt release something, it's because "something" is not rdy yet, they couldn't care less of games releases of christmas

Anyway directly or not, they cant seek for rootkey and linux on 3.56+ whitout figure out a way to calculate private keys, so just w8, but keep in mind they couldnt care less about your 3.56+ games

15. 780
    xPreatorianx

Home Page:
    I wouldn't be so sure. Have you seen the PS3 fanboys? They are dumber then fucking dog shit. Seriously, even when all those CC details and accounts got leaked, they still praised Sony to high fucking heaven.

See that's the thing if they only care about Linux - why the fuck even buy a PS3 for that? Hell my old gaming PC can do more in regards to linux then my PS3 will ever be capable of. It doesn't make sense. Why buy a game console just for a horribly watered down and neutered version of linux? I can see installing linux along side playing games, etc, but only using it for linux and just linux? That's just downright laughable if you ask me. Waste of money.

16. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Firstly, everyone who is remotely capable of critical thinking would be really pissed if Sony decided to resort to Ubisoft-style antics on a gaming console as it would annoying for them, but like you said, Sony fanboys are so stupid that they are "dumber than a second coat of paint" (George Denis Patrick Carlin). Also, Sony loves to protect their pieces of silicon and plastic crap but they cannot be bothered to protect sensitive data? Pffff, don't make me laugh my ass off (I was referring to Sony).

Secondly and lastly, NOBODY here had decided to buy a PS3 and hack it so that they can run shitty homebrew applications and a laughably gimped-down Linux system as they have bought a games system for GAMES and nothing else - in fact, I would rather spend my cash on 'augmenting' my PC so that it will look sexier than Adam Jensen from Deus Ex: Human Revolution (I AM NOT HOMOSEXUAL OR BISEXUAL :p) than pay for a shitty gaming system that will only last for a limited period of time. (I was responding to brainscanzz's comment).

17. 780
    xPreatorianx

Home Page:
    Well it turns out I was wrong about the linux. There's a way to unlock the PS3's hidden potential and turn it into a beast of a machine with linux! It will outperform even my gaming machine. Hell it will out perform dual Quad cores. Gitbrew proved me wrong on that one.

18. 4,102
    gDrive

Home Page:
    Hmmm I assume you heard this via IRC! Am I right?

Also, I will remain vigilant until further notice.

19. 0
    Squarepusher2

Squarepusher2 Guest

Haha.

Unless they think every program can be parallelized to hell - no, just no. SPUs are good number crunchers, but try throwing branches at them and - well, it won't work. There's branch hinting - that is it.

Also, good luck with interprocess communication overhead if your program is entirely serial - like most emulators are.

There is a difference between scalar code, and vector code.

Scalar code is what most of the codebases in the world consist of - at least talking about PC codebases.

Vector code is basically SIMD'ed code - something that is supposed to be used in tandem with - say - SSE1/SSE2/SSE3 (on x86) or Altivec (on PPC) -or in the PS3's case, either Altivec or the SPUs. You can do multiple instructions at a time instead of just one. The payoff can be immense - if you can vectorize your code that is.

But notice - the SPUs, while fast, have very limited local storage RAM (256Kb) - they don't support branch prediction - of any kind - branching even is a nono (that means - every time you do 'if (foo)' - that's a nono on an SPU) - so really, you have to write your code up into tiny little chunks and lay it out so that the SPU has something to do without a branch being involved - oh, and before that you have to determine if your program flow can even be made parallelizable in the first place.

It's an absolute joke to think a PS3 running Linux and every program running on it is going to run faster than dual Quad cores (OK, let's get this straight - 3.6GHz dual quad Core Intel PC - 12GB of RAM). No chance in goddamn hell. For one, the PPU will rule against that - since it's the main bottleneck - the SPUs will rule against it - since we're talking about absolutely having to rewrite a program from scratch just so that the SPUs will even have something to do - and since they don't support branching anyway, most of the time you will have to really search for ways to use them.

And if that is not enough, your main storage RAM (256MB) will rule against it.

Now, if they're just talking about the RSX driver and very specific use cases, then fine. I know about IBM's xlC compiler - but still, the claim is neither here nor there - it's sheer impossible. They're talking about very specific use cases at best - not general usage.

Nobody is saying that the PS3 can't be a powerful tool for certain military applications where number crunching is a priority - and in a cluster, you can do very nice things for UAV systems that rely heavily on things like image processings. But no - your 3.6GHz dual quad Core Intel PC with 12GB of RAM is going to absolutely smoke your PS3 - and not even one PS3 at that, but 12 PS3s in a single cluster - running programs most users care about).

Honestly, try benchmarking MAME 0.142 on PS3 Linux vs. MAME 0.142 on a 3.6GHz dual Quad Core Intel PC with 12GB of RAM. The difference is going to be so shocking as to make you either laugh or cry yourself to death. And I doubt XLc can do much about that either.

20. 780
    xPreatorianx

Home Page:
    Well it's using the IBM stuff. So highly specific. I should have clarified. Plus the IBM stuff is also used for multiple PS3's.

So for highly specified tasks it outperforms a nice rig. But again that wouldn't be something towards the line of Emulators and stuff.

So there ya go - gitbrew's words not mine.

EDIT: But I will clarify I won't even attempt to say I understand what it means. I'm not exactly familiar with programming at an expert level, let alone the PS3 hardware. I'm still learning. I'm just going by what I'm told.

But I do understand they are saying it outperforms desktop tech in highly specific cases. But would my PS3 outperform my gaming rig on an emulator or general you know "standard" user applications? FUCK NO! lol. Like you said Square my PC or anyone else's for that matter would smoke it. :)