hit tracker

Going from gateway to cfw

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by rgpires, Aug 25, 2017.

1. 1
    rgpires

rgpires Loyal Member

Hey guys,
    I wish to CFW my 3ds and also keep my gateway for .3ds files, and i have some questions:
    - If i follow http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/aio-b9s-pack-r1.45145/ and stay bellow firmware 11.3, do i still need an emunand to run gateway? How does it work if i use only luma sysnand, do i select the games in a menu directly?
    - Regarding my save files from gateway, will they still work if i run the games from gateway card?

2. 357
    Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

@rgpires if you go to CFW you dont use Gateway anymore.
    You use Freeshop to obtain games and they are installed onto the System memory of your 3ds.
    Just purchase a larger sd card.
    I am on CFW and love it.
    Load and play very simply.

3. 43
    Tonyx

Tonyx Loyal Member

I was wondering about moving to CFW as well. I've glanced a bit at the guides, but I have a few questions to which I didn't find an answer, if you don't mind:

1) Once I move to CFW, if I want, can I go back to Gateway? (I think I read that there is a gateway payload, but I am not sure it's the same thing)

2) What does CFW offers over Gateway? What does Gateway offers over CFW? (I got that CFW can't read .3ds files and just access the internal sd card. are there other differences?

3) Once installed, what's the procedure to boot into CFW from a turned off 3ds? (for reference I use cubic ninja to boot gateway. Is CFW going to be faster or slower?)

4. 357
    Gaming Freak

Gaming Freak Loyal Member

1/. Not until they update the Gateway which is taking forever so that it can work in conjunction with CFW.

2/. Games are installed directly to system firmware no loading anything. They work like purchased games. Use Freeshop to obtain games its amazing.

3/. Just turn the 3ds on and its ready to go. Much faster. No holding buttons at all.

Cheers