hit tracker

Great games you discovered late?

Discussion in 'Off Topic & General Discussion' started by Artlover, Apr 29, 2019.

1. 1,283
    Artlover

Artlover Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass! Loyal Member

Property Maintenance
    Miami, Fl, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe
    Growing up, I never had a SMS. Like many, I had the NES. At the time, I wanted the NES over the SMS anyways. I enjoyed titles like Dragon Warrior very much.

Fast forward to now.

I was watching youtube videos, and watched 'tophat gamer' or something like that and his video on if the SMS is worth buying today. He showed a few of the games, one in particular, Phantasy Star.

Now, I have never played any Phantasy Star game, ever, before yesterday. Ok, I did load PSO on the Gamecube back in the day to launch PSOLoader, but I never played it.

Loaded up the SMS emulator and gave Phantasy Star a go. Now I'm pissed at myself. To say it's absolutely fricking amazing and better than Dragon Warrior on the NES is an understatement. I can see why it's been called one of the best SMS games ever, which I never heard till 2 days ago..:eek::confused: I didn't know......I didn't know. Decades of my life wasted not playing this game. <sigh!> :( Now I gotta try to ignore the wife and make up for lost time. Better late than never I guess. :cool: