hit tracker

GTA 5 script ten times longer than a movie

Discussion in 'Archived General Gaming News' started by Zeus, Nov 16, 2009.

1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    According to reports, the script for GTA 5 is 1,000 pages long which is about ten times longer than the average movie. Apparently the game is at the beginning of its development right now, so it's gonna be a while before it says the light of day.

News Source: <a href="http://translate.google.de/translate?prev=hp&hl=de&js=y&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgames.de%2Faid%2C699473%2FGTA-5-Handlung-Charaktere-und-Stadt-noch-nicht-fix-Entwicklung-bestaetigt%2FPC%2FNews%2F&sl=de&tl=en&history_state0=" target="_blank">PC Games</a>

2. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

Excellent!

Come on Rockstar! Now stay true to your original word and make it FULLY for the Playstation! It's the only way forward!

3. 187
    nemesiszero

nemesiszero Loyal Member

Its good to see seem developers putting in the effort to make games great end of the day they be the ones that get my cash. :D
    Good on Rockstar

4. 1,199
    DanASBO

DanASBO Loyal Member

How about just making a good game this time around...

Haven't played the exclusive 360 content yet though.

5. 5,233
    Azariel

Azariel Loyal Member

And a movie is linear ...and "scrubbed".. :D:D.. GTA has a list of "if this and that then... else..." inside many many many cycles... So the same 1 hour of game can be played on different ways...

6. 6,627
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

I just hope the game's more fun than GTA4.

7. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Is it really GTAV though? unless its a brand new engine (which is needed GTAIV sucks) its just GTAIV:City Name Here

8. 237
    d33znutzEP

d33znutzEP Loyal Member

If their going to make another disappointment such as GTA4 then i don't even care.

They need to make another GTA like san andreas... that game was epic in every single notion of the word. I'm afraid that with DVD9 constraints on the last gen technology box, they won't be able to incorporate the massive amounts of content like in SAN andreas into a game with GTA4's engine or a better one for that matter.

As long as GTA is multiplat this gen.... it will just be another disappointment.

..... and DO YOU REALLY WANT A NEW ENGINE? How is a new engine going to work when the current GTA4 engine can't even play 30fps. Majority of the game hangs in the teens, and when you have 6 star police wanted level and a whole crap load of shlt going on... it does dip into the single digits.

9. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

That must be the punishment for getting 6-stars in the first place, a very very very low frame-rate lol :p

10. 1,587
    Jinx13378

Jinx13378 Loyal Member

Good to hear.

I love Rockstar's writing, satire, various movie directors homages and storylines!

GTA4 was perfect. Episodes from Liberty City (in the form of Lost & Damned / Ballad of Gay Tony) made it clear that GTA4 has the most wonderfuly developed 'universe' of all GTA games.

All the characters are as fleshed-out as in a Tarantino flick.

Can't wait for the GTA4's world next development (retold Vice City? San Andreas? Or something completely new?).

11. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

I would suggest an idea to Rockstar.

Seeing as they're going to develop and brand new GTA, and since the previous GTAs for the PS1, PS2 have been set in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and very early 2000, they should make it completely MODERN this time around, give GTA a brand new look with no old-looking cars and vehicles, and also maybe look into getting real Car licenses for real names within the game (Imagine a kind of GTA cross with Gran Turismo)

Now THAT would be the Ultimate GTA.

12. 1,587
    Jinx13378

Jinx13378 Loyal Member

GTA4 is completely modern. The ending of 'Ballad of Gay Tony' hints at modern-day Vice City being the next GTA's theatre of events.

GTA3 was 'completely modern' at the time it came out. I think there wasn't a '60's' GTA game, or was GTA:LONDON (GTA1 exp pack) set in the 60's?

Licenses costs shitload of money, they're paying enough for the music alone (concerns keep rising the price with every next GTA game).

Rockstar has a policy that if a person asks them for more money, they never work with him again. That happened with Ray Liotta in Vice City and that guy who voiced Nico. That is exactly why they switched from high-profile Hollywood voice actors (Peter Fonda, S. Jackson, Chris Penn, James Woods) to a lo-profile TV shows actors. This isn't exactly bad; GTA4 voices and characters are still top-notch and they avoid the "I'M THE MOTHERF*CKING SAMUEL L. JACKSON, THE NICKNAME'S TENPENNY" thing. But yeah, everyone likes S. Jackson.

No way they ever gonna fork out for the licenses. That would cost them a small fortune and I'm sure that concerns would pump up the price every other game.

Incensed cars aren't really necessary since the auto-mobiles in GTA games are more or less homages/parodies to the real cars anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
  13. 1,316
    GT-RRR

GT-RRR Loyal Member

I'll give you those points yes.

But to me GTAIV seems a bit dark and gloomy around the city streets, I'd like a Vice City, as you said, but Modern, if you get what I'm saying?