hit tracker

GTA 5's gorgeous graphics mod Redux stole my code, alleges fellow modder

Discussion in 'PC Gaming World' started by GaryOPA, Sep 20, 2016.

By GaryOPA on Sep 20, 2016 at 3:35 AM
  1. 25,645
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Can there ever be anything good for the 'scene' without 'drama', I guess not!

It’s been hyped, it’s been delayed, and it’s been covered across the games media, but according to one modder, GTA 5 Redux - the big, beautiful graphics mod that enhances the world of Los Santos to a ridiculous degree - is a product of theft.

[​IMG]

Recently, GTA Redux Mod was released, and the world was shocked, on how amazing the graphics were, but now another modder is claiming all the work was stolen from him!

Can we ever have anything in the 'scene' without 'drama', I guess not, so you can decide yourself if the Redux is real and whom to support, personally we are glad that finally it is out for gamers to enjoy, but the big question is when is RockStar going to announce GTA 6?

NEWS SOURCE: GTA 5's gorgeous graphics mod Redux stole my code, alleges fellow modder (via) PCGamesN

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PC Gaming World' started by GaryOPA, Sep 20, 2016.

1. 364
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

unless he retextured the entire game, then its not his work.

If he tweeked the engine that Rockstar created, to give better graphics, then its not his work if hes modding what he didnt make.

2. 6,627
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

They still made the modifications, so to say they did nothing is wrong IMO.

3. 65
      Agret

Agret Loyal Member

Student
      Home Page:
      http://www.teamqqp.com/
      He is not doing it for money though, I think stole is the wrong word. Integrated is a better term. He integrated the changes that the other guy has discovered into his own mod. It is like the fiasco over the Morrowind HD mod pack where creators got butthurt that the author who integrated hundreds of mods together and made it easy to install for users didn't go and track down the personal contact info for every single author and get approval. Yes you created a cool mod but you should be happy it is being used by people and not nitpick, it's not like anyone bothers to read the readme and track down who was responsible for every single piece of a compilation mod anyway.