hit tracker

Hacking the planet... Anatomy of a Wii U: hexFW

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Nov 7, 2016.

By GaryOPA on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:47 PM
  1. 25,251
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    As I mentioned in my last post, in parallel to researching the Vita's kernel I decided to research the Wii U and see what I could come up with.

hexXYZ did alot of documentation on how the Vita's kernel exploit works with HENkaku, and now he is starting to blog about his parallel Wii U research and how to produce the first working Custom Firmware for the Nintendo Wii U console.]

[​IMG]

The Nintendo Wii U scene has been one very long roller-coaster of drama, and its not even over yet, even tho alot of info has finally been released publicly for all to enjoy, there is still some groups operating 'privately' or 'elite-membership-only-access', and hexXYZ is no stranger to all this drama, and he fully doced how HENkaku works, so he thought he would dabble into the Wii U also at the same time of exploring the Vita, and he ended up finding some neat things and as such has started releasing tools/info to build the first CFW.

So there you have it finally more info on how the internals of the Wii U console works, and the first step towards a true CFW has been released, and like hexXYZ says, stay tuned as this is just the start, and we will see alot more doc'ing by him over the next few weeks.

OFFICIAL SITE: https://github.com/hexkyz/hexFW <-- Preview Version of hexFW by hexXYZ

NEWS SOURCE: Anatomy of a Wii U: hexFW (via) hexXYZ

Last edited: May 23, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Nov 7, 2016.