hit tracker

Has the DS function breaking with CFW been fixed yet?

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by Jacob E. Brown, Jun 30, 2018.

1. 4
    Jacob E. Brown

Jacob E. Brown Loyal Member

I see that they put out a CFW installer, but I'm not sure if that's relevant to me provided the DS games are still broken?

Also, dead project then?

2. 25,409
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    The CFW installer should fix the DS Games problem, there is new patches included Luma to makes it fully compatible with StarGate.

Ask @LupinIII regarding how to get the fix installed, as he the author behind putting all the 'scripts' together and needed patches.

3. 210
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

The basic issue is that the cart expects the whitelist to be functional. If it's not, it goes into NTRBoot mode. At least that's my understanding of the issue. It didn't take much experimentation with build-your-own CFWs to narrow it down to the problem being the TWL patching (just disable TWL patching in Skeith or the "any DS cart" patch in Cakes, and you have a correctly working CFW).

From there, it was pretty easy to find the whitelist patching function in Luma's Patcher and make it do nothing (just take out everything except the "return 0" line), and recompile Luma. Conveniently, Rei-Six is using a modified version of Luma's patcher, so, it was pretty much a "once you've fixed one, you've fixed them all" type of deal.

The included CFWs will work with the DS menu. It would not have made much sense providing a simple installer for the CFW without fixing it first. Try it. It works well now. And it's not dead. We've all just been playing with the Switch. But I still intend to do updates. 11.7 just didn't require any immediate attention because it didn't even update NATIVE_FIRM, thus could not have broken any CFW.

I still plan to release an InScripted R13 for that matter. It just keeps getting delayed. I was about to put it out and I finally got multi-EmuNAND support from d0k3 so, that delayed it somewhat (I can finally extract multiple EmuNAND FWs for use with Cakes, for those few who have more than one EmuNAND in the first place, but it's important to me to have things work right when possible). Still working on some final changes to the documentation and the swap card's scripts because of this, but I hope to have it out soon. The Stargate release is a good preview of it though. Has my new InScripted chainloader and the new fast menus that use the "keysel" command.

GaryOPA likes this.
  4. 4
    Shannon Roy

Shannon Roy Loyal Member

Sooooo.... Ive been searching for days and cant find the answer. I have the CFW easy install.. some people are saying the DS menu is fixed others aren't.. Do I need to uninstall CFW to get my DS games working again or no?

5. 24
    Teunke7

Teunke7 Loyal Member

It is fixed look on GBAtemp. The one who fixed the problem is releasing it very soon. Something with a ds lite launcher/loader/injection was used to fix it.

6. 4
    Shannon Roy

Shannon Roy Loyal Member

do you happen to have a link to that page? I'm REALLY new to this. Like... 2 weeks type noob status lol

7. 24
    Teunke7

Teunke7 Loyal Member

8. 4
    Shannon Roy

Shannon Roy Loyal Member

I found a boot.firm file that allows you open the DS mode wtih CFW installed. The problem is that, while it plays games flawlessly, its a one time use thing. When you try to go back to the home screen you get the "Error Press any button to shut down" and you have to go through and replace the boot file. Another issue its having is there is no way to get back to the DS menu without going home first. This tells me that I'm missing one step and I dont know what it is lol I feel cheated too. It said it ran a lot of things right out of the gate and it def doesnt. I mainly bought it for the GBA emulator .. which I later found I couldve installed without this stupid card and it wouldve worked just as shitty either way.

9. 24
    Teunke7

Teunke7 Loyal Member

I love the card but it got broken. I had several issues the first month's i was using it but I tought a update would fix it. Now I know there will never be a update... And maybe they don't deliver any kind of service only they copy and past from other hackers....