hit tracker

HCL - Humble Cobra Laucher (RELEASE)

Discussion in 'Homebrew & Tools' started by Roor, Aug 23, 2014.

1. 62
    Roor

Roor Loyal Member

Hi. As promised (again), here's the fourth weekly update of HCL (Humble Cobra Launcher).
    This week I didn't have much spare time, and couldn't dedicate more than a couple of hours... so there's little I was able to add to HCL.
    And I had even less time for beta-testing... I hope no "big" bugs were left in this version. Sorry for that...

HCL is a Cobra ODE manager. If you want to use it, just replace the original "cobra manager" (manager.iso) and make sure that your "cobra.cfg" is already set to use homebrew.

Here are the most important changes in this version (HCL V0.4):

- Improved PKG Installer. Now you can install "cracks" and other stuff. Please read bellow for further info.
    - New Emulators Section. Here I will be adding emulators for different systems, so you will be able to run ROMS from any USB Stick.
    - NES/Famicom Emulator. I included a NES Emulator (Fceu), just select it from the "emulators" section, then just "browse" and select your .NES rom.
    - SNES/SuperFamicom Emulator. I included a SNES Emulator, just select it from the "emulators" section, then just "browse" and select your .SMC rom.
    - Sega Genesis Emulator. I included a Genesis/Megadrive Emulator, just select it from the "emulators" section, then just "browse" and select your .GEN rom.
    - Alternative Installation. If you do not want HCL to put stuff inside your internal HDD, you can place a USB stick into the zero USB Slot (the one to the right). If HCL detects a file named "hcl.cfg" inside it, it will use the Stick for storing datafiles instead.

Coming features (in following weekly updates):

- Disc Ripper (present right now, but seems that doesn't work in ALL Cobra ODE, I'm still investigating the issue).
    - Better PKG Installer (support for game updates and DLC installs)
    - Param.sfo Viewer.
    - Image Viewers.
    - Better and more Emulators.
    - Sound Effects.

About EMULATORS:

I can't take credit for the emulators nor for Elleganz, nor for the bugs they may carry.
    I'll try to make sure that HCL gets the best version available for each, and of course that they run fine with Cobra ODE.
    I noticed, for example, that the "font size" for the NES one is "extremelly" small, and so...
    I'll try to work our these issues for next version, and "recompile" and modify the emulators from their latest source if necessary.

About PKG INSTALLER:

- PKG Installer, for now, only allows you to install Games, Demos, Homebrews, and others. But it WILL NOT allow you to install Game Updates nor DLCs (nor PS1 games, nor PS2 games... ONLY PS3/PSN GAMES); Although now you can "overwrite" folders and files in order to install DLC, or cracks; HCL will tell you and ask if you want to "overwrite stuff". Take into consideration that everytime you overwrite something there's a chance you "break" the previously installe game.

- The INSTALLER does not "crack" the games for you. Most PSN content, if not cracked before install, will just run in "demo mode" or not run at all.

- The INSTALLER will NOT install PS1, PS2 classics content and others (only PS3 GAMES); this kind of packages cannot be installed with HCL yet (they might have crash HCL).

- After installing a PKG, you need to enter into GAMEDATA TOOL menu of PS3, this will force XMB menu to update, and then it will display the icon to the stuff you just installed.

- If you want to add more files to an already existing installation, I suggest to use the File Browser and copy the files as needed.

And finally, here is the file:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nx2f55

Please write feedback.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
  2. 19
    shadowmoon

shadowmoon Loyal Member

Great release!!! Thank you!!!

I suggest one tip: Make HCL compatible with Multiman's Themes.

3. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Loyal Member

Great idea with lot's of potential.

But why set the eject.delay to 10000? I always have mine set to 0 to eject as fast as possible.
    Never gave any problems on my Slim.

4. 94
    ivota

ivota Loyal Member

Thanks.
    Can you intergrate Showtime media player with front USB support (for config files)?

5. 22
    michalis

michalis Loyal Member

nice work
    waiting for Future features. special File Browser, Disc Ripper and PKG Installer.

6. 290
    flavioliu

flavioliu Loyal Member

Thanks dude! Always good to have other options!!! I will try it tonight.

Edit: Man Just tested, the manager is great!! I loved that I can scroll down/up my games library using L1 and R1 Buttons. The manager
    is really faster!!!

I am looking forward for new versions and features!!!

Congrats and keep the good work!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  7. 290
    flavioliu

flavioliu Loyal Member

Looking forward for the new version!!!!

8. 62
    Roor

Roor Loyal Member

Today I'm making the second release of HCL. Details, links and changes can be found on the "first" post on this thread.

flavioliu likes this.
  9. 94
    ivota

ivota Loyal Member

Vhaoo..thank you Roor for new update.
    I am going to try (download) your update version. Thank you for showtime integration.

10. 94
    ivota

ivota Loyal Member

Why you integrate older version of showtime 4.3.479? There is a stable version 4.6.2.

11. 62
    Roor

Roor Loyal Member

Because that was the sourcecode I had at hand, which I know works fine with Cobra ODE and uses USB for storing data.
    I have newer versions, and experimented with them already; maybe next week I'll update to a newer one, but only if I manage to make it save data inside HCL GameData inside PS3 in a safe way.

That, of course, after getting the PKG installer fully working (right now it is only useful for installing game patches) and Disc Ripper fixed.

12. 94
    ivota

ivota Loyal Member

ok Roor.
    Your launcher is beter then better.

13. 290
    flavioliu

flavioliu Loyal Member

Roor your manager is the best out there... faster and with a lot of features!!!!

Thank you very much!!! Following your project at close!!!

Keep up the good Work!!!!

14. 290
    flavioliu

flavioliu Loyal Member

15. 62
    Roor

Roor Loyal Member

I want to focus on the manager for now.
    But I coded my own signing tool (AES 128 CTR based, with PS3 keys) some time ago.
    I have a "re-signer" (not very user friendly) that directly search and sign files inside the ISO without needed to rebuild it (as far as the file is not inside an encrypted sector inside the ISO).

If it is of some use, I might publish a simplified version of the signing tool that signs all EBOOT.BIN, *.SELF and *.SPRX found recursively inside a selected folder. Please let me know, and I will get it ready for next Wednesday (if hopefully, I find the time to do so).

16. 290
    flavioliu

flavioliu Loyal Member

Roor, I have just tried version 0.2 and could not get it to run. It is freezing at the "installing data screen", so I restarted the ps3 and now it freezes at loading screen. Any clue?

Version 0.1 works fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
  17. 290
    flavioliu

flavioliu Loyal Member

Sure it will be very useful. Please publish it when you get it ready. Thank you!!!

18. 62
    Roor

Roor Loyal Member

Go to your "PS3 GAME DATA MANAGER" in your PS3, and delete the one that says "Humble Cobra Launcher".
    First install might take up to 30 seconds, as it scans your HDD and copies most "covers" into PS3 GameData.

Also, I'm using BCED01063DATA folder, which is known to be used by MultiMan and SonicMan.
    If you were using SonicMan before, that might have caused some incompatibility with the data.
    (if that's the case, I'll select a different folder for next release).

19. 62
    Roor

Roor Loyal Member

I just took an hour from lunch, and made a tool that might help.
    I named it RPSDIR (Resigner for PS Directories).

It just allows you to select a directory, and it searches for all EBOOT.BIN, *.SELF and *.SPRX files, and resignes them with 3.41 keys (the ones I use for dev).

Old (original) files are renamed as *.bak (ie: EBOOT.BIN becomes EBOOT.BIN.BAK).
    And "decrypted files" are renamed as "*.elf" (ie: EBOOT.BIN becomes EBOOT.BIN.ELF).

Original files are automatically replaced by the resigned-ones.
    If you do not want to keep the old ones (in case you use IRD, just delete them).

I'll publish it in a couple of minutes. I hope that no bugs arises... as it was a "quick job".
    Here is the link http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/284720-RPSDIR-Automatic-PS3-files-resigner

Please keep me updated if you had further problem with version 0.2 of HCL.

20. 290
    flavioliu

flavioliu Loyal Member

Roor, I have tried that. I also had used sonic man and deleted its folder and Humble cobra launcher folder as well. I have waited more than 10 minutes, but the ps3 does not respond. When I press the "ps button" nothing happens. The installed data that gets installed is only 6 megabytes.

Edit 2: tried again with a 16gb usb stick and could not get version 0.2 to work. Tested with version 0.1 and works fine.

No multiman/sonic man installation on my ps3.