hit tracker

Help To Update Cobra Ode FirmWare

Discussion in 'Homebrew & Tools' started by Ezeky, Aug 22, 2015.

1. 146
    Ezeky

Ezeky Loyal Member

Hi Guys is there any one with a tutorial of how To Update Cobra Ode FirmWare its because
    I want to update the firmware.and the video tutorial of how To Update Cobra Ode FirmWare on
    the cobra site is been blocked all video tutorial blocked,(cobra team seems inactive) I also tried to search on the Internet but no luck so if any one of you got the video tutorial by any chance i really need it.many thanks.

2. 59
    waltinio

waltinio Loyal Member

Do you have to download the firmware for your Cobra ODE version from the Team Cobra website. They have the tutorial and manual for the update procedure. I did it long time ago and works perfect. Some things that you need to know before update.
    1. Update only if it's necessary, because some games don't work properly. You have to rebuil the ISO file.
    2. Take note for this: Some usb store devices doesn't work with Cobra ODE, When I updated, I try many of them (Sony, Kingston, Markvision) only the brand SANDISK works and I Can update.
    3. Follow the Team Cobra steps for a correctly update. The last version of firmware is 2.4, I'm on 2.2 because all the games works with or without game updates and it's stable.

Good Luck!

Ezeky likes this.
  3. 5
    ivoantonino

ivoantonino Loyal Member

Hello
    First check you mpc number,
    after it donwaload the firmware that you want to update , in cobra ode website
    1-get a pen in fat32 and past the firmware
    2- if its has step 1 and 2 copy first "xxxx_step1" and rename it only to "xxxx", when complete do the same to step 2
    3- remove the ps3 power cable
    4- insert the pen in the back
    5- conecrt again the power
    6- wait till the light become green
    7 -do the same thing for step 2 ( repet 3-7)
    8-DOne

Reagrds

4. 146
    Ezeky

Ezeky Loyal Member

sorry my friend what is mpc number and how to check it.and xxxx stand for??.thankyou

5. 146
    Ezeky

Ezeky Loyal Member

thank you for the reply I'm on 2.1 firmware can you tell the different i just thought its always good to be on the latest firware.

6. 59
    waltinio

waltinio Loyal Member

Only the difference between 2.1 and 2.2 is the support for more games for swap. The firmware 2.4 add support DMC (Drive Motor Controller) to make swap; also, change the data base for supported games, it makes some games doesn't work, because they aren't updated.