hit tracker

Help with luma and Gateway

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by newbie_3ds, Jul 5, 2018.

1. 5
    newbie_3ds

newbie_3ds Loyal Member

I just installed cfw using the guide on the site, and i have GW Emunand in my sd card as well. Everytime i boot it goes to luma sysnand I want to install and use BootCTR with my cfw so everytime i turn on the console to bootup automatically in GW Emunand and if i hold down the L button while i bootup it will go to luma cfw. Can someone help how to install bootctr and set it up?

2. 315
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

hi there,

ive seen your comments in the other thread but why not answer here where it is in the right place.
    I will pick up your last question from the other thread: it is possible but you should never ever boot GW into sysnand.

So first questions
    - What guide have you used?
    - What FirmwareVersion is your GW Emunand
    - What Firmware is your SysNand
    - I dont know if you can boot luma easily from BootCTR. In the past there were problems doing it so. Would it be ok to press Down or Up to boot (BootCTR) Gateway?

3. 5
    newbie_3ds

newbie_3ds Loyal Member

I used the 3ds.guide and now im gw 11.7 emunand and 9.0 sysnand. Actually what i want is to boot directly to gateway without any buttons pressed and then boot to sysnand (luma i guess) if i want to use cartridge or play ds games. Is that possible? And how can i do this step by step because im a noob.

4. 315
    sweatbox

sweatbox Loyal Member

11.7 is a very bad emunand for gateway, if it is a orginal 11.7. There is a patched 11.7 in the wild if you have installed that via Sysupdater all will be fine. Otherwise you need to downgrade to 11.2 because higher can gw not handle.

Do you know how to downgrade? This tut is for updating but in sysupdater you will have to push the downgrade button ... it will be shown to you but i think it was Y

You can grap in first place the second file from this thread.
    And the config from that.
    Then you can replace the boot.firm with the Luma 9 one or you dont replace that boot.firm

That is the right configuration for the moment. It will boot Luma as default. Pressing down will boot CTR and GW instantly.

After you have finished the downgrade of the emunand we will have a look in direct boot of ctr and gw with that files.

5. 5
    newbie_3ds

newbie_3ds Loyal Member

My emunand is 11.7 modified to run gw