hit tracker

How to correctly read/write the Xbox One NAND Filesystem

Discussion in 'XBONE Gaming & General Discussion' started by GaryOPA, Dec 26, 2013.

1. 25,644
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    A Christmas gift from Team Xecuter

The picture also includes images of the R/W adapter

[​IMG]

Due to the fact their picture is over 8700 pixels in length, click on the shorten thumbnail below to view it fully.

[​IMG]

Also it seems TX is working on small adapter to make the job easier for everyone, here is picture of it in action:

[​IMG]

NEWS SOURCE: How to correctly read/write the Xbox One NAND Filesystem (via) Team-Xecuter

Our thanks to 'steveo1978' for this news item!

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  2. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Wow. This is a big step.

3. 501
    Nicotine

Nicotine Loyal Member

i just peed a little.

4. 1,287
    Artlover

Artlover Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass! Loyal Member

Property Maintenance
    Miami, Fl, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe
    I have to be honest, I don't understand why is everyone so excited about this.

Dumping NAND is not a big deal. Hook up any old cheap NAND dumper, dump NAND, done. Figuring out where the connection points are is easy if you can read a map and have even the most simplistic understanding of electronics. You can dump the NAND, Flash, Rom, Prom, Eprom, EEprom in anything with nary any effort or expense at all. That has never been an issue. The issue is what can you do with the data. And as of now, being encrypted and all, that is absolutely nothing. Until there is an exploit found where unsigned code can be made to run on a console running in it's native state, there will be no way to extrapolate the encryption on a general level applicable to all consoles.

What I personally find "interesting" (and by interesting, I mean exploitatively disturbing) is they are already working on making hardware to sell for making it easier for the end user to do something that serves no point at this time, and depending on the level of security, may never serve any point (and don't say 'never say never', because the WiiMini has pretty much shown that 'never' can be said.)

Ichijoe and rednekcowboy like this.
  5. 390
    realtimesave

realtimesave MaxConsole Product Reviewer MaxConsole News Team

This can be useful for when M$ decides to re-activate all the DRM they claim to have taken out right? :p I heard Sony has the same thing but that goes without saying since they have patented it in the PS3 years. I remember reading about that ages ago on Maxconsole or some similar news site.