hit tracker

How to import bravely default save game?

Discussion in 'Game Backup (ROM's) Discussion' started by topkomputer, Mar 5, 2015.

1. 1
    topkomputer

topkomputer Loyal Member

Hello, I'm a noob. I have red gateway omega 2.7 and currently playing bravely default.3ds file.

I download save files of bravely default both in US and EU from filetrip. The ones with 138 villagers. I put the save files with their real names (00040000000FC500.sav,00040000000FC600.sav) in root directory of my SD card along with bravely default.3ds. I download both of them because I don't know the region of my bravely default rom.

My problem is the save file which I downloaded didn't appear when I turn on bravely default game. I tried to load other game (harvest moon new beginning) and return to load bravely default game, but the save is still my own save file, not the save file which I downloaded from filetrip (the save file with 138 villagers). Please help me

2. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

did you put the saves in the mSD card (the one from GW card) or the SD card (the one inside the 3DS)?

since you said "along with bravely default.3ds" I'm not sure which one of the two you meant

3. 2
    Pandasouljah

Pandasouljah Loyal Member

Hey guys, I have the same problem here but with the Pandora flash cart. Could someone please tell me where to put the downloaded save file and what to name it? Cheers!

4. 2
    Pandasouljah

Pandasouljah Loyal Member

Sorry, should have been more specific...

I have my bravely default.3ds file with the renamed bravely default.sav file in the flash cart micro SD card, is this where the .SAV file should be placed?

5. 2
    a&c0712

a&c0712 Loyal Member

I'm in the same boat. After many hours of fighting with this, I turned here. My 3DS was on a shelf for a couple years. Right now, here is what I have, nothing has changed since it was shelved:
    3DS XL 4.1.0-8U
    Gateway Omega 2.7
    The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time 3D.3ds on the mSD (I've since used 3ds explorer to confirm the titleID)
    0004000000033500.sav in the root of the SD (date modified March 2nd, 2015)

When the rom is mounted and booted, all three slots are empty. If I start and save a game, and extract it using the savedatafiler guide below, the save files are in .bin format. One for each slot, as I've learned. 0-2 for regular, 3-5 for master quest.

http://chaosgamez.com/threads/tutor...-games-to-3ds-3dz-cia-eshop-retail-carts.377/

Is it still possible to use this 2015 .sav file (512kb) to inject it back into the .3DS rom? Or did I misplace those bin files? Like I said, the console sat on a shelf for almost two years. Thanks in advance!

6. 908
    guymelef

guymelef Loyal Member

I'm not sure either, but if you can't find a way to re-import, I can help with some cheat codes to make starting over not nearly as painless. Hell the only thing you'll have to redo is collecting the asterisks again because I can't the activation for those or for magic. I found the inventory address but not the activation address. Check the cheat thread here on the gateway forum. If you need help or want me to tailor make some codes, let me know.

7. 2
    a&c0712

a&c0712 Loyal Member

Thanks for the reply! I didn't hear back from anyone on GBAtemp or here, so I just went out and bought the game, ha! It's been so long, I don't mind starting over, it's such a good game.