Despite the proliferation of various PDF reader programs, most users still prefer long-standing, time-tested tools. Adobe Acrobat Reader is arguably the best classic PDF reader that has been helping us view and edit PDFs for several decades. This brief guide will teach you how to properly install Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on your Windows computer using the most popular browsers.
Installing Acrobat Reader DC on Older Windows OS
You can easily install Acrobat Reader DC on any PC running Windows 7 or later versions. Still, if you’re still using some older version, you may check out Adobe’s guide that will walk you through installing earlier versions of Acrobat that will be compatible with your current OS.
Downloading and Installing Acrobat Reader DC Using Internet Explorer
If you’re using Internet Explorer (IE) as your default browser, you need to do the following to download and install Acrobat Reader DC:
- Make sure no version of Acrobat is running on your PC and no PDF document is being displayed in your IE at the moment if installing the program.
- Head to Adobe’s official website where you’ll be able to download a legitimate Acrobat Reader DC version. Once you locate the required program on the Download page, press the yellow “Install now” button to start downloading it to your PC.
- Once the download is complete, you’ll see a download message appear at the bottom of your window. Ignore the warning alerting you to the potentially harmful nature of the downloaded file, and select “Run.” At this point, the program should start installing.
- After the Adobe Acrobat reader DC Installer window appear and notify you of the successful completion of installation, select the “Finish” option.
Downloading and Installing Acrobat Reader DC Using Mozilla Firefox
If you prefer using the Firefox browser, follow these steps to start using Acrobat Reader DC on your Windows computer:
- Close all PDF viewing apps and browsers displaying PDF documents.
- Navigate to the Adobe Acrobat reader download page and click the “Install now” button.
- When the download window pops up, choose the “Save File” option to save the download to your default Downloads folder.
- Then, you should navigate to the download library. You can avail yourself of the handy CTRL+J shortcut to get there. Once the Library window appears, make sure to double-click the downloaded executable file.
- Once asked whether you want to launch the new .exe file, don’t hesitate to hit “OK.”
- Once the successful installation of you program is confirmed, click “Finish.”
Downloading and Installing Acrobat Reader DC Using Chrome
- As it is with IE and Firefox, you need to make sure no PDF document is being displayed in your Chrome.
- Visit the Adobe official website. On the Download page, locate Acrobat Reader DC and press the “Install now” button.
- For starters, you need to download the Reader installer, which is one of the two essential components of Acrobat reader DC.
- To start the download process, select “Save.”
- Once the new executive file appears at the bottom of your browser window, click on it. By doing so, you’ll start installing the program. Check the progress bar to know how much time remains until the completion of the process.
- When you get the confirmation message informing you of the completion of installation. Click “Finish.”
Still Have Questions?
If you experience difficulty while downloading or installing your Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, need troubleshooting help or tech support, or want to learn about other popular alternatives to Acrobat Reader, don’t hesitate to find the answers to all your questions at Rocket Files, the website that knows how to resolve every tech issue and provide you with the best downloads.