hit tracker

How To: Moonshell User Guide v2 - DS Media Player Homebrew

Discussion in 'NDS FlashCarts, Custom Mods' started by Zeus, Apr 10, 2006.

1. 1
    reddeviljam

reddeviljam Loyal Member

Mirror image

Hi.. im new here i haf read up the forum n i didnt see any 1 haf tis problem... i haf try yo convert an .avi using moonshell10_dpgtools... ya it convert very well by y is it mirror image when i upload it in my NDSL... i need help... plz... thankss

2. 2,007
    voteforpedro36

voteforpedro36 Loyal Member

At nat's place stealing his flippin SC gosh!

I think there is a part in the Moonshell.ini file that has a part that has something about rotating it. I'm not sure where it is, and I don't have the .ini file with my, so you'll have to find it yourself or have someone else find it...

3. 130
    ptrck*

ptrck* Loyal Member

I too would really,really, really like to know badly. I found a thread somewhere where it talks about good batch dpg settings like average settings, then there's high quality video settings, BUT I CAN"T FIND IT IN THESE NDS FORUMS ANYMORE!! I saw it earlier, but can't find it anymore, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE POST SOME SETTINGS FOR BATCH DPG TO PREVENT LAGGING VIDEOS!!

4. 2,007
    voteforpedro36

Here's exactly what I do to prevent lag but keep the quality good. Just simply change the quality/encode time to "High Quality, Slow Encode Time" in DPGTools. It works good for me...maybe a bit of lag in a couple of places. I didn't watch all of the videos I had.

EDIT: Sorry, you said BatchDPG. I can't ever get that to work...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  5. 0
    zenkimods

zenkimods Guest

Just got my R4 with Moonshell. When it plays MP3s its sllooowww. I dont get it. Why is it playing my mp3s slow. In windows its normal.

6. 2,007
    voteforpedro36

What version of Moonshell are you using?

7. 0
    akkadakka

akkadakka Guest

i loaded some mp3s onto moonshell the other day, and all would play fine (albeit without bass cos of crappy DS speakers-earphones are the way to go) but my Hendrix songs wouldnt play properly - they all just made random buzz sounds

why? (i.e. help?)

8. 1
    Hartox

Hartox Loyal Member

If you thougt you couldnt watch subbed anime on your DS, your wrong! Take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kdwH8SOio8
    A very high quality video file with subs you can easily read!
    Its the first ep of Black Lagoon..

9. 0
    vishae

vishae Guest

I would actually like to ask a question about that.

I've been able to get a .flv file from youtube (of Naruto actually) and the flv file plays alright and dpgenc even said that it was converted fine. But when I tried to play it on my DS Lite, it said that there was an error. Can someone help?

It would also be great if someone can tell me where they get their .flv file from. I'm using kissyoutube right now, but it doesn't work for other sites. I wanted to try using the addon in firefox since it can download from a lot of sites like dailymotion, youtube etc. but it seems to only be able to get a small part of the video file.

10. 2,007
    voteforpedro36

What error does Moonshell give you?

11. 34
    tblock

tblock Loyal Member

I have moonshell working and i noticed that there are sounds for shutdown and startup. I was wondering if there was a way to rip the sleep and resume sounds from "New Super Mario Bros." The ones were mario goes "Buh-bye" and "It'sa me Mario." If anyone could help, it would be great. Thanks.

12. 0
    blahblah42

blahblah42 Guest

well one thing you could do is record the game (through the headset port) of the "mario" and "bye" and then rename them as "startup.mp3" and "shutdown.mp3" respectively. replace the old startup and shutdown sounds with the new ones and moonshell will play them when you start it up.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2007
  13. 0
    favoritefood0

favoritefood0 Guest

Moonshell

Alright I can get moonshell v0.6 and v1.1 to run on my DS lite (totally stock accept for a max media dock and a max media player passme) and v0.6 will play the startup.mp3 and v1.1 won't in the shell folder, but neither will detect my CF card (inside the MMD), with my music on it. Maybe I downgrade the firmware on my Max Media dock?

UPDATE!!!: I got Moonshell to work and recognize my CF card, but now it still does NOT play MP3 files. It says "not support ext.mp3" Also when I click to run a .nds file it says "not support adapter?"

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  14. 2,007
    voteforpedro36

Get the latest version, use the setup, select Max Media Dock. If that fails, format your CF card.

15. 0
    favoritefood0

favoritefood0 Guest

Bump...sorry

I got Moonshell to work and recognize my CF card, but now it still does NOT play MP3 files. It says "not support ext.mp3" Also when I click to run a .nds file it says "not support adapter?"

Here is the DL link that I got my moonshell at http://us.codejunkies.com/mpds/support.htm

16. 2,007
    voteforpedro36

Get the latest one!

Seriously, did you even listen?

17. 0
    favoritefood0

favoritefood0 Guest

I heard the latest but I can't find it. Grr. Its v1.71 right? I'm still very ignorant, just started trying Moonshell this afternoon...

18. 2,007
    voteforpedro36

19. 0
    favoritefood0

favoritefood0 Guest

I can't seem to be able to connect to their site with FF...I'll try IE but so far some sites today aren't working for me. Maybe you host it on FileFront or something?

20. 2,007
    voteforpedro36

There are tons of downloads on various forums, use google and find one. I use IE though, so I can't tell you what sites will work.