hit tracker

How To: Moonshell User Guide v2 - DS Media Player Homebrew

Discussion in 'NDS FlashCarts, Custom Mods' started by Zeus, Apr 10, 2006.

1. 2,007
    voteforpedro36

voteforpedro36 Loyal Member

At nat's place stealing his flippin SC gosh!
    Yeah is it not a sticky? In which case nobody gives a damn if you bumped it, seeing as how it is always bumped. Otherwise, nobody cares anyway, so.......

2. 2
    dodo142

dodo142 Loyal Member

DSVideo works like a charm

Never mind Moonshell. I found DSVideo and it works like a charm.

http://dsvideo.recoil.org/downloads

3. 4
    AnnaVWB

AnnaVWB Loyal Member

not working... :(

What am i not doing right??? I did everything as written, on top of that i tried tonnes of other forums, i've downloaded tonnes of weird moonshell versions and still nothing. I put the card into my nintendo and get the black loading screen and nothing else. Any ideas anyone???

4. 1
    triplex

triplex Loyal Member

hi please help me

can u please tell me the name of this game

5. 7
    mdma psycoustic

mdma psycoustic Loyal Member

super encoding issue

slightly off topic i suppose...

SUPER encoder issue
    hey, ive seen this issue before somewhere googling around, but i cant seem to find it now. i have just downloaded the SUPER encoder and encoded'd about 10 episodes of mr. show, and a few brak shows (AT THE SAME TIME), and put it on my ds on an r4 III with 4gb sdhc (yah yah yah i'm going cyclods very soon so sue me). well, it will only play for a few seconds and then skips to the next video on my cart. it does this with every episode using SUPER, to which this issue never happened using the dpgtools software.

settings:

VIDEO: 24 FPS, 576KBPS BITRATE OPTIONS: HIGH QUALITY AND 48K CHECKED
    AUDIO: 192 KBPS

ALL OTHER OPTIONS ARE AUTOMATICALLY CHECKED OR NO BRAINERS.

any suggestions or solutions?

6. 2
    jj400k

jj400k Loyal Member

ok, i've followed the thread and am able to convert to dpg from avi, great...

but, i just realized that the ORIGINAL avi file needed to be played with VLC player instead of WMP to get both audio/video to work (in wmp all i get is audio, and thus on my ds all i get is aduio)

so i downloaded GSpot, per above to see any codecs on my avi file, none detected..

so i move onto SUPER, downloaded that, and will convert the original avi file into .mov file, with h.264/avc as output codec..now i assume once done, this will let me play the avi file on my WMP (both audiot & video), at which point i convert that new file to dpg??

am i missing something, or is it possible to just stick VLC player onto my DS so it can play the original converted avi to dpg files? please help.. thanks much, appreciate it.

7. 2
    jj400k

jj400k Loyal Member

forget my post,

just used super to convert to dpg file DUHHHHH...works great, great support site here!!

8. 1,106
    DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS Loyal Member

The DS is nothing like a Windows/Linux computer, so you can't just stick VLC on it. The DS will have no clue what to do with a .exe file. You have to compile programs specifically for the DS, and so far nobody has made any applications that play more that one type of video file. The DS is too underpowered to playback files that aren't converted specifically for it anyway.

9. 8
    wrewlf

wrewlf Loyal Member

i use super and moonshell, has anyone found an easier alternative.

10. 1
    mkpugh

mkpugh Loyal Member

NDSL R4 Revolution 3

Hi

I've followed the instructions in this post and I can't get it working. I'm using the card above.

When I switch on I select games and scroll through all the games I've got to _BOOT_MP.NDS. I get version 1.1 and details in the bottom screen but the top half has //0 files
    IMFS/ ImplantFileSystem ver0.3
    EXFS/ ExtendedFileSystem ver0.3
    MPCF/ GMAMP/AdMovie/M3 CFI/0
    GBFS/ GBFS Flashcard

There are mp3 and dpg files in the root directory?

help!!!

Mike

11. 1,106
    DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS Loyal Member

It looks like you're using an extremely outdated version of Moonshell (I think they stopped supporting EXFS after 1.5). Get Moonshell. 1.7x and go from there. If you go to the SCDev forums and go to the FAQ/Tutorials section, the stickied Moonshell tutorial is very helpful.

Of course, don't confuse this with the menu files needed to make your R4 boot in the first place.

12. 401
    prso

prso Loyal Member

cyclods evolution

is it any easier to install on a system running cyclods evolution ?

13. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    to install, yes of course, just download the latest version from the cyclo website, unpack it and copy the moonshl folder and the .nds file onto the root of your sdhc card.

14. 6
    bart393

bart393 Loyal Member

thx nice job !

15. 1
    aptc40

aptc40 Loyal Member

DS Tuition Moonshell

The DS tuition went really well and easy to understand however, I am now getting the error message, cannot detect total play time. Any ideas, thanks again, my kids will love it if I can get it to work.

16. 3
    MasterFen

MasterFen Loyal Member

Thanks. Works perfecttly, only difference was I used Moonshell 2.00 Beta 5.

17. 5
    cdogg777

cdogg777 Loyal Member

I have an M3 movie player. I put my sd card into the player, and the player into my NDS. If i format my sd card with moonshell...How can do I add actual nds games .nds from my pc to my sd card? If i just drag and drop it doesn't work correctly? Is there is a tool for this?

18. 1,106
    DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS Loyal Member

Moonshell is just a DS program just like any other DS homebrew application. It won't help you "format" your SD card or anything like that. I assume you're referring to the slot-2 M3 Perfect or M3 Pro, right? You must have a slot-1 NoPass device in order to boot that into DS mode before you can do anything with DS homebrew, otherwise you're stuck to GBA stuff.

19. 5
    cdogg777

cdogg777 Loyal Member

I have a slot2 series M3 player.
    Just want some software that can format a .nds to play on my M3 player.

20. 1,106
    DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS Loyal Member

There is none. It's not physically possible to boot your M3 in DS mode without some sort of additional hardware, namely a slot-1 NoPass device like a PassCard 3 or Superkey or something like that.