hit tracker

How to play PS2 games on PS3 info

Discussion in 'PS3 Modding Tutorials' started by Piratan, Mar 23, 2013.

1. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

Egg 'n' chips Loyal Member

how long should i wait for ps2 classics 1.3 to finish and where will it drop my new file?
    its been running now for 30mins.
    is that normal?

2. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

It should place the iso.bin.enc in the same folder as the ps2classicsgui.exe and no, 30 minutes is not normal, in my experience. A 4GB game usually only takes my pc a couple of minutes...

3. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

yeah its there,i found it.
    its 4.06GB so im guessing i have to split it with that split4g now?

4. 1,327
    rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy Developer

My Final Fantasy X game is 4.22GB and I didn't have to split it but I guess it would depend on how you transfer it. I FTP'd it over to my ps3 internal drive.

5. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

ive always had issues with ftp,never been able to do it.im hoping i can just stick in on external and multiman can open and play it for me,but experience tells me,its not going to be that simple lol

edit...
    i managed to transfer it to the folder /dev_hdd0/game/PS2U10000/USRDIR/ using multiman.
    now i go to retro in multiman,browes the folder to load the game,and there is nothing showing.
    what have i missed?

6. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

if you want multiman to show and list them. you got to puut the ps2 games into ps2iso...

also if you want multiman to download the cover you need to put the game in a folder named with the ID.
    (Example)
    [SLPM-20202] Adventures of Bluntman and Chronic

From Dean-

7. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

I just downloaded my ps2 covers on google ( didnt even have to resize any of them), have all my games in the dev_hdd0/PS2ISO folder, inside, each game should have it's own folder named whatever you want the title to be displayed as in Retro column, then rename jpg image cover you downloaded, COVER.JPG and put it into its appropriate game folder within the PS2ISO folder. I just did it worked.

I thought it was much easier than looking up all the ps2 game ids and then renaming my folders.

8. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

I use one of aldos updated tools. it patches the iso, then places it in the folder autonamed with the ID and name of game for you already, no look up needed

but for the people that are using external and letting multiman transfer over to internal than downloading the cover would be more idea.

9. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

thanks guys,that was the info i needed nice and clearly :)
    would it show in MM if i put a PS2ISO on the external rather than having to have them on internal or is it a case of internal only?

10. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

You can put them in that directory on external but from what I read, MM still transfers it to internal to play.

until ( If it is possible) dean makes it so it can boot through disc emulator than it has to be played through the placeholder. AFAIK

11. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

thanks piratan,
    looks like im playing 1 game at a time then till @deank works his wonderful magic.
    well....multiman now displays the game and i press x to play game.
    what then? i just get kicked back to the xmb.
    that ps2 classic placeholder thing just gives me an error code.
    man this is tricky when your a dumbass lol

12. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

to be fair, I say it as if it was an easy fix, its not, and might not be able to ever work that way.

all I can say is to re read the guide. make sure you patch the iso, put it in the right directory, and let multiman move it to the place holder folder.

edit-

actully the new multiman patches them for you now right? so just put the clean ISO in the right directory and let multiman do all the work. I am not sure why you cant get it to work. but dont give up

13. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

i will re try it with a clean iso then next time round.
    im not gonna give up mate,there is an old ratchet and clank game i've not played befor and i'm gonna give my right testy to play it,the right one is the higher one the two and tends to get trapped alot so i can afford to give it up hahaha

@piratan
    i tried just dragging the untouched iso over and multiman does pick it up but when i press X on it i get this pop up..

this operation is not allowed.

Cobra USB required.

visit "money grabbers cobra webisite" for more information.

14. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

You can't run it from disc, you have to have the iso ripped on a hard drive and show up in retro column for the Ps2 Classics encryption prompt to show up.

15. 375
    Piratan

Piratan Loyal Member

you can have multiman rip it and make a iso tho, and it should also put it in the right place.

16. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

cheers for the feedback and help guys,id be lost without you all.
    turns out all i needed to do was updat MM from 04.30.00 base with the 04.30.00 test update lol,its encrypting the game now so hopefully i will be playing the game by the time the kiddies are having their nap :)

ok i spoke too soon,it finished encrypting and now the ISO says ps3 classic at the side,press X to launch rom.
    i press X and im back on the XMB again.
    man this is starting to miff me off grrrrrr
    i did the reactpsn thing,i did the ps2 place holder thing, im on the right MM update,it shows up in the retro column and it has now encrypted,why is it not loading up?

17. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

i've officially given up now,i've done everything that the tuts and other people have told me but still getting kicked back to xmb.
    the only ps2 games that have worked has been the ones in pkg form.
    boo bloody hoo i say with a big fat frowny face

18. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

If you have the placeholder installed, MM will copy the encrypted ISO to it.

Select the encrypted ISO in MM and when you are returned to the XMB, just run the PS2 placeholder.

19. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

yeah multiMan does that but when i goto ps2place holder thing i just an error code and something about copyright protection pops up.

20. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

The RAP has not been activated then ;)

You say you have installed reActPSN, Have you carried out the rest of the procedure?

1. Install reActPSN
    2. Create a new user called aa
    3. Copy the place holder RAP to a usb drive and place it in a folder called exdata
    4. Run reActPSN with the USB stick in the PS3 (I always use the right port, I don't know if it makes a difference).

The PS3 will reboot . If you now check the name of the user you created, It should now be named something like reActPSN v2.0 1rif 0edat