hit tracker

How to play PS2 games on PS3 info

Discussion in 'PS3 Modding Tutorials' started by Piratan, Mar 23, 2013.

1. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

Egg 'n' chips Loyal Member

so thats all i have to do?
    just put a file in a folder on a flash drive and start reactpsn in the aa user?
    i dont have one of those rap files,is there a certain name i have to google for?

2. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

The RAP comes with the Placeholder PKG.

I've attached it, just extract it to a flash drive and follow the procedure in my previous post.

3. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

pete_uk does it again,your my life saver mate lol.
    you have helped me out loads over the last year,i wish i could repay you,i know i will send you out even more good thoughts than befor.
    it worked dude,for a few seconds i thought it wasnt going to,it went to black screen for about 20 seconds then it loaded up,awesome,i can now play ratchet and clank going commando woohoooo.
    thanks pete.

4. 847
    pete_uk

pete_uk Crunchy Emu Compiler Loyal Member

No worries mate :) Just glad I could help.

Also, your a member of undergroundgamer aren't you? If so, use the Redump PS2 collection ;) If your not, just let me know :)

5. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

You got to be kidding me. This has to be a late April Fools Joke.

I didn't realize after being on this site for quite awhile now eggs, you still don't know how to follow directions, nor able to tell straightaway that an error code on PSN content is almost always an activation issue . I/We could of helped you immediately ;)

6. 1,232
    Misfit

Misfit Loyal Member

I gotta say you've been really helpful pat, though I didn't know for over a week after that this was possible ;) It took me another week to work out the PS2 covers that i'd made are meant to go in covers/psx and that they are name SLUS_666.66_COV.JPG or what ever the game inf reads

7. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

yeah, thats one way of doing it. I do it another way (so I don't have to find game id's)

1. Download a cover for game
    2. Rename it COVER.JPG (must be all caps)
    3. Put it in game folder with ISO.BIN.ENC

Edit:
    Obviously, you would only want to use the above method for working with multiMAN & PS2ISO folder

8. 1,232
    Misfit

Misfit Loyal Member

Strange thing is, I couldn't get this method to work. At the end of the day, I wanted to use the PSX directory for completion anyway.

9. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

You have to put it in the game folder that's in PS2ISO folder on internal. Then refresh multiMAN XMMB PS2 retro column. Occasionally, some sizes won't work. 640x908, 275x385, 640x912, 640x900, 190x266, 620x898, 450x633, 352x500, 580x820, & 640x853 are the ones working for me right now. Basically, all sizes work except very rarely some wont.

10. 253
    Egg 'n' chips

haha i keep telling you im a dumbass lol
    i think at the back of my mind i missed those instructions because i was thinking,my ps3 inst banned so it didn't need to add any extra files.
    ive never used psn even for the 2 years i had a ofw.never been a fan of online gaming,i was well pissed off when an android game i played required a facebook account haha.
    plus i dont think the dyslexia heklps,ive always struggled with reading questions and instructions,i faild my threory test 3 times and got worse every time :S