hit tracker

How to play PS3 games burned to DVD/BD [discBOOT]

Discussion in 'Unofficial multiMAN Support Forum' started by deank, Oct 8, 2011.

1. 50
    Dasanko

Dasanko Loyal Member

That's most likely just a problem with the & on the folder name. Try renaming it to "ICO and Shadow of the Colossus" instead.

2. 31
    judgedrokk

judgedrokk Loyal Member

Folder name is........

BCES01097-[ICO Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD BCES]

I tried renaming to just the "bles" bit, and still got the same result and the created files still had the long names,

no illegal chars there or in original folder name......

Anyone else trued this game or had the same prob with any other games?

3. 4
    Zorn

Zorn Loyal Member

how do i use this with Crysis 2? it only has the usrdir directory

4. 1
    Javier

Javier Loyal Member

Hello kasato and judgedrokk, i have already tried The same game, you have to change name of title game in Param.sfo in your game folder and discboot will generate the 3 file expected, but The game burned Stills no booting and The package created for cfw 3.55 no install with a error produced... Anyone has The solution??

5. 103
    szlifier

szlifier Loyal Member

Just use the Direct Boot method. :)

6. 129
    brakk3n

brakk3n Loyal Member

solved the problem

7. 13
    kemkem84

kemkem84 Loyal Member

Ummm construction?
    Can't get discBOOT games to work on TB cfw v2

So i thought i'd try to burn some games as I have very little hdd space left and tons of blank media. But i cant seem to get any games to work using the discBOOT method. I'm on TB CFW v2 and have tried Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Ridge Racer 7, and a couple other PRE-3.56 games all with no luck. Some kick me back to the XMB when i try to launch from the icon, some just black screen and force a hard reset. I also tried it without the TB dongle inserted which made no difference. Curious if its because of the TB firmware, because I'm doing everything correctly. Hopefully the new info and SDK tools about burning games leads to just burning discs to play without alot of hassle because unlike some people, I would like to have a physical copy of some of my games and mostly just to save some space on the hdd.

8. 3
    mrpepper

mrpepper Loyal Member

Same problems here tried it with ssx no luck.

9. 25
    MrX4000

MrX4000 Loyal Member

Can anyone supply a mirror for the download ? This one seems to be gone .... :(

10. 1
    thumbledore

thumbledore Loyal Member

i have question if i follow everything that u told me dean to do above will my original games on disk be able to b played or will screen on stay back if i use the program trying to learn how things work or there some thing i can read to understand everything more clearly

11. 101
    HotNsexy

HotNsexy Loyal Member

Will this work for 4.21 CFw´s ??

12. 647
    LordX

LordX Loyal Member

Deank if possible add discBOOT to multiman, so not need to install any PKG, I guess game will boot only from Multiman then.

13. 17
    Trevor Lazar

Trevor Lazar Loyal Member

stupid question but do you hae to be on a CFW to use this? or just have multiman installed? I have a Cobra ODE and multiman installed.

14. 504
    DeeLaRoc

DeeLaRoc Loyal Member

I'm pretty sure CFW